Justin Jefferson = Jordan Matthews 2.0

no thank you

giphy-40-1589810118.gif

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Yeah. I think we need a guy on the outside way more than we need a slot guy.

Im sure Jefferson will be a good player and maybe he can move to the outside in the pros but I'm not as big fan of him coming to us as alot of other people are

Out of these options I'm taking Tee Higgins. Not my ideal choice at receiver, but I'd take him over Jefferson at #21 and we need someone who can play the 'X' receiver position.

In reality, I'm either looking to trade back or taking Aiyuk/Reagor.

No he didn't. He took 99.9 % of his snaps in the slot this year, and struggled when he lined up outside in 2018

He's a slot guy, probably a really good one but there's not much to suggest he can play on the outside in the nfl

"Struggled" as in didn't look like the same type of player he did in the slot this year.

It's not even close

I'll rather trade back and take Mims..Queen would be the pick but eagles don't believe in no LB In the first

:mjtf: man fukk yall and kiss my ass who ever voted for Jefferson

Jefferson struggles as an outside receiver. We need a receiver that can:

A) Beat press coverage outside the hash marks
B) Stretch the field

we'd be foolish to waste another first round pick on a slot receiver (Agholor, Freddie Mitchell)

If we want a slot receiver we could wait for Van Jefferson or KJ Hill

It's gotta be Mims or trade back & get Ruiz from Michigan

jefferson struggles as an outside receiver & thrives in the slot. Didn't fare well against press coverage on the outside. I don't want him, at all.

we need speed & size on the outside = Mims

He can play outside, sure, but he's not a very good outside receiver. He thrives in the slot. He won't thrive on the outside in the league playing against bump & run coverage. He thrived in the slot bc of his free releases. He doesn't do anything exceptional except get open against zones. Ja'Marr Chase has a better shot to be a more effective outside receiver than Jefferson.

Jefferson is more Jarvis Landry than OBJ.

And I don't want a slot receiver with our first round pick. Give me a vertical threat with size like Mims.

There's a reason he operated primarily out the slot this past season

I don't want him AT ALL

he will be solid but doesn't have future all-pro potential as an X receiver (the hardest position to play for receivers). He could be a Z receiver but we need an X.

I do know what I'm talking about. Stop being a homer. The kid is a good slot receiver but will struggle on the outside in the league. Any coach putting him on the outside is setting him up to fail.

and we already have Ertz, Goedert, Ward & JJAW who will get all the short to intermediate targets between the hashes.

unless Jefferson can magically develop into a vertical or outside the hashes physical threat, I'm good on him. Hope he goes before pick 20 so he's not even on the table for us.

all those ppl who voted for Justin Jefferson can't be Eagles fans smh

no comment....:snoop: we be arguing all day in the Eagles thread...and I said it once and ill say it 1000 times....I dont want this cat - especially not in the first

Justin Jefferson = Jordan Matthews 2.0

no thank you
:laff::laff::laff:

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Jefferson looks like a Jordan Matthews clone to me. Pretty decent big guy but strictly a slot guy

I've been apart of a few pages and had to leave. Some of them come up with the worse takes

I've spoken how the eagles reddit page have some retarded ass views. They just did a mock draft and they voted Justin Jefferson in over CJ Henderson

That's why y'all my favorite bunch of people to talk eagles football with :blessed:. Y'all know your shyt and are real about stuff.

Side note

If all the Main WR and CB are taken. Would y'all use the 21st pick on a DE? AJ Espinoza is looking like good value for the 21 pick in this case

Ward, Ertz, Goeddert, and JJAW all did that last season, actually. What we lacked after DJax got hurt was a guy who could get open deep and generate explosive plays. That’s why I wouldn’t want Jefferson, seems exclusively like a slot guy who works the short/intermediate areas of the field. We need a deep threat more than a anything.

And I want no parts of Shenault. :whoa:

He's a nice slot receiver, but you can get productive guys there really cheap.

We need a #1 guy to play on the outside, I just don't think Jefferson is that

I hope a trade war between some teams for Jordan Love can help us move back and grab a couple of mid round picks

If we had to trade back for a WR my current Rankings would be

1.Mims
2.Aiyuk
3.Raegor

I know Chinn is the favourite for that mid round pick, but Ashyton Davis would be my #2 for a 3rd round pick

Also the amount of Justin Jefferson dikkriding on the eagles reddit page is :stopitslime:. Jesus Christ you would think the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice is coming how they defend that man

No he didn't. He took 99.9 % of his snaps in the slot this year, and struggled when he lined up outside in 2018

He's a slot guy, probably a really good one but there's not much to suggest he can play on the outside in the nfl

:stopitslime: Idk how many of you brehs voted for Jefferson but I thought better of y'all

we needed great. none of those nikkas excite me. i wanted a game changer not a got damn role player. im heated howie cheaped out. might as well go full out and trade down. watch them reach for jefferson ass now

Shenault if/when healthy could be better than all of them. Word to @B1G_controversy .

One of Jalen Reagor, Tee Higgins, or Brandon Aiyuk was my preferred choice if the Top 3 receivers were off the board. That, or a trade down. But the whole CeeDee Lamb thing has me fukked up right now, so I can't even be happy about this. At least it's not Jefferson... :francis:

im happy with this pick

came in saying at 21, it was either Raegor,Mims(until he got p*ssy eyes) or Aiyuk.

could we have traded back to take him? yeah but im still happy we got him

i was shook AF when ESPN showed jefferson on the phone :whew: THank oyu howie for passing on Him:salute:

If lavishka or kj hamler is at 53, fukk it double dip

im not really mad about jefferson cause he's a slot receiver we needed a true #1 on the outside ...CeeDee was the guy and he fell to our rivals that's what stings the most for me

Raegor has a higher ceiling I think bc he can play on the outside and the slot

Raegor is faster and more explosive...jefferson is the better route runner and has better hands

Raegor was the better fit for our offense

y’all can shyt on Howie all y’all want but y’all wouldn’t of done much better with the pick