Official Coli HBCU sports & band thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Dudes who are new to HBCU football…this is why we said fukk the FCS playoffs & created the Celebration Bowl

FAMU only lost to UNC (A FBS school) & Jackson State (a top 5 FCS school) yet they were left out of the FCS playoffs :francis:

Tried to tell y’all many times the FCS doesn’t give a damn about HBCUs..they skip us over for the playoffs, & whenever we do get schools in, we never host a home game & have to go play in Montana or some shyt. Keep in mind There aren’t any charted planes HBCU teams use. Imagine riding a fukkin bus from Alabama, Florida or South Carolina to one of the Dakotas or some shyt & play in 24 degree weather.

We’ll continue to get more money, exposure, and attendance with the Celebration Bowl than they do in the playoffs

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
our boys can’t even get invited to the FCS awards & some wonder why I don’t give a fukk about the ncaa or FCS playoffs

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
My youngest son is already tired of these fools and wants to go to an HBCU. I need him to come home with a wife that looks like this

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

TSU's Aristocrat of Bands makes history as the first collegiate band to win a Grammy​

February 6, 2023

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Tennessee State University's (TSU) band Aristocrat of Bands is now the first collegiate band to win a Grammy Award. The HBCU band marched away with not one history-making win, but two!

TSU's Aristocrat of Bands' gospel album "The Urban Hymnal" took the cake for for Best Roots Gospel Album.

The band's feature on poet J. Ivy's spoken word album “The Poet Who Sat By The Door” made for its second win for Best Spoken Word Poetry Album.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.