Official Coli HBCU sports & band thread

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
SU really beat Florida Memorial 86-0 lmaooo

This why I fukks with the Jukebox tho

Them nikkas don’t give a fukk if it’s FAMU, Jackson State, UGA, LSU, Florida Memorial or any other small band. They gon still act a fool and crush you. They killed an ant with a hammer :mjlol:

They turned and cranked on UGA

kept playing when officials at Louisiana Tech told them to stop

went to sleep on Delaware State

cranked on my hornets while we were trying to do our pre game introductions

Cranked on Gram while they were still playing :dead:

Why y’all nikkas so aggressive in Louisiana @NO-BadAzz :russ:

SU are the kings of disrespecting bands LMAO

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

Them nikkas don’t give a fukk if it’s FAMU, Jackson State, UGA, LSU, Florida Memorial or any other small band. They gon still act a fool and crush you. They killed an ant with a hammer :mjlol:

:russ:IDK breh. It's jus in us

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

Them boys been jamming lol, I watched the clips..

I want you to pull up 97, SU vs Jackson as Jackson marched in.

Unbelievable, this is why JSU always march into the stadium before SU comes. LMAO

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@Staticshock

Basically, shytted on JSU announcer, he hates SU :russ:

This right here set the tone for all bands, SU LMAOO,

Yea them boys some fools. Did the same thing in 2017

at 2:06 the PA Announcer said something like “bands, please don’t play when the ball is in play….SOUTHERN!” & they played anyways lol

Doc Greggs, Mr. Jackson & Mr. Haymer were always on go time. The current director Mr. Taylor & one of his assistants Mr. Todd are laid back quiet dudes but they turn into a whole different person in front of the band and they be on the same cocky idgaf shyt.

I know the Jukes bout to act a damn fool at Tiger Stadium this weekend :ohlawd:. Wish I could be there. I hope SU doesn’t do one of them “joint performances” some HBCU bands do when they play PWIs & their bands

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Where did the SU vs JSU band beef start from?

Being the two big dawgs in the SWAC. It’s like the Steelers/Ravens, Ohio State/Michigan, Lakers/Celtics of the band world. Bands usually have down years, but SU has been consistent and bussin heads since the late 60s & JSU since the 70s. They have a legacy to uphold, so no matter what year it is or if they have new directors, they’ll always be among the top bands.

Every other band treats going against SU & JSU like the super bowl. when I marched at Alabama State, normally we practiced from 5-8 or 6-9, but when it was SU or JSU week them nikkas had us in there till 1am most nights :mjcry:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Yea them boys some fools. Did the same thing in 2017

at 2:06 the PA Announcer said something like “bands, please don’t play when the ball is in play….SOUTHERN!” & they played anyways lol

Doc Greggs, Mr. Jackson & Mr. Haymer were always on go time. The current director Mr. Taylor & one of his assistants Mr. Todd are laid back quiet dudes but they turn into a whole different person in front of the band and they be on the same cocky idgaf shyt.

I know the Jukes bout to act a damn fool at Tiger Stadium this weekend :ohlawd:. Wish I could be there. I hope SU doesn’t do one of them “joint performances” some HBCU bands do when they play PWIs & their bands

While it was cool to play against PWI schools and style on them or get on ESPN, one thing I hated is that they are serious about you not playing when the ball is in play. shyt made for an extremely boring game. And their bands don’t stay for the 5th quarter so you really don’t get a chance to get in that ass proper.

:dame:

Oh and as a former trumpet player I feel like I have to say it. Some years Southern’s trumpets sound like shyt. The screaming only sounds good when it’s mixed with other octaves. When EVERYONE is trying to scream it sounds awful.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
While it was cool to play against PWI schools and style on them or get on ESPN, one thing I hated is that they are serious about you not playing when the ball is in play. shyt made for an extremely boring game. And their bands don’t stay for the 5th quarter so you really don’t get a chance to get in that ass proper.

:dame:

Oh and as a former trumpet player I feel like I have to say it. Some years Southern’s trumpets sound like shyt. The screaming only sounds good when it’s mixed with other octaves. When EVERYONE is trying to scream it sounds awful.

Seem like they used just let anyone scream instead of having designed killers. nikkas took it up whenever they felt like it, no matter if they were playing 1st, 2nd or 3rd part :mjlol:

Taylor has done a great job cleaning them up.

I prefer the old SU sound & instrumentation, but they are a little more cleaner these days

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Seem like they used just let anyone scream instead of having designed killers. nikkas took it up whenever they felt like it, no matter if they were playing 1st, 2nd or 3rd part :mjlol:

Taylor has done a great job cleaning them up.
I prefer the old SU sound & instrumentation, but they are a little more cleaner these days

Right, like come in bruh. There is a reason you on 3rd trumpet. Play your part. :heh:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
ASU got two live TV games this year

First against Howard which they won and against UCLA Saturday, dope that they get to play in the Rose Bowl

UCLA paid for ASU’s band to travel out there. They performed in the Rose Bowl parade 2 or 3 years ago also.

Furthest we went when I was there was Florida. These kids done been to LA twice, New Orleans, had 2 reality shows of their own & been on another one with Ozzy Osbourne :francis:

Lil nikkas got it made