Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
half way thru the new season and they fully turning this shyt to the LaRushow :hhh:

every feedback/review/anything i've ever read is nobody likes daniel or his daughter or his miracle jared from subway lost 500 lbs in 3 weeks son or snitch wife.. why they forcing it? i hope it leads to a drop off in views. :scust:

:dahell:

think that's by design tho

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
half way thru the new season and they fully turning this shyt to the LaRushow :hhh:

every feedback/review/anything i've ever read is nobody likes daniel or his daughter or his miracle jared from subway lost 500 lbs in 3 weeks son or snitch wife.. why they forcing it? i hope it leads to a drop off in views. :scust:
I thought the wife was funny.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Do you have know a lot about the OG film to watch this?

*watches episode 8*

Yup lmao
terry-silver.gif

Honestly, you get a lot more out of Terry Silver's facial expressions if you have seen Karate Kid 3.
I actually think watching Karate Kid 3 would help you understand the current season more that watching the original Karate Kid would. Because, by now even if you've never seen Karate Kid part one, if you're familiar with popular culture at all (or ANY 1980's "tournament" movie) you already know all that you need to know.

But if you've never seen Karate Kid 3, you don't get the significance of Terry Silver putting his hair in a pony tail and the little laugh he does in the last couple of episodes :smugbiden:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Midway through the 4th season, Johnny is hilarious with how out of touch he is with technology. And I like how they occasionally will throw a joke in about how absurd the premise of the show is with an under 18 karate tournament causing all this commotion.
I love how self-aware the show is

Maybe it's because I've dine martial arts my whole life, but this show is top 10 all time for in terms of pure enjoyment. It's not The Wire/Breaking Bad level television, but god damn Cobra Kai is as entertaining as damn near anything I've ever watched.

I can't believe they went from YouTube Red to this.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I love how self-aware the show is

Maybe it's because I've dine martial arts my whole life, but this show is top 10 all time for in terms of pure enjoyment. It's not The Wire/Breaking Bad level television, but god damn Cobra Kai is as entertaining as damn near anything I've ever watched.

I can't believe they went from YouTube Red to this.

@TheDarceKnight do you have your own martial arts dojo? Also, is it safe to take up and learn martial arts now because of covid?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
@TheDarceKnight do you have your own martial arts dojo? Also, is it safe to take up and learn martial arts now because of covid?
Hey man! Sorry I'm late replying to this.

I don't have a dojo or a gym right now. :mjcry: I've been doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Wrestling since 2007 ( :flabbynsick: ) and I left a desk job in 2019 to open my own spot. I was saving up and looking at leases to sign right when Covid hit. It's really derailed my plans, but I do group classes and teach a lot of private lessons at another person's school, and I travel to teach occasional seminars. I do have a BJJ podcast going that's getting a little traction, I still want to have my own school, but I'm gonna wait a bit longer until we're more clearly in a safer endemic and in less of a pandemic. I know too many people that have lost their places during Covid, and it feels like a bigger risk than I want to take right now.

Is it safe to do martial arts right now? I'd say if you're middle aged or younger, and not terribly out of shape then it's probably okay. Especially if you're doing striking arts like Muay Thai, boxing, Karate, and not doing any grappling based arts like BJJ, Judo, or wrestling. I'd say doing a striking art is probably only slightly more risky with Covid than working out a regular gym lifting weights or doing cardio.

The grappling arts have a lot more close physical contact. I've either dodged Covid or had it without symptoms...but most of the people I train with have had one of the variants by now. And I know a couple people that have had it twice.

I sat out 2020, but Jiu-JItsu is the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing before bed, and I'm vaxxed and taking the risk unless a scary variant comes back around. Are you thinking about starting something up? It's super fun! Feel free to let me know if I can do anything to help!