Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Naw this is where it gets good. The ‘Empire’ won….so now the rebels gonna band together to defeat them

Ironically, from what I hear from jedi nerds, Return of the Jedi was the worse movie tho. I've seen the first 6 movies, albeit a good half half of them more so casually in passing or in broken up parts, summed up enough to get the gist of the movies, but yeah, it wasn't that great from what I recall either. Hilarious that the jedi nerds hero in Boba Fett (or whichever Fett is the famous one) died so damn easily there, lol.

That said, I get your analogy and agree that there's actually quite a bit more pulpy goodness they can juice out of this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ironically, from what I hear from jedi nerds, Return of the Jedi was the worse movie tho. I've seen the first 6 movies, albeit a good half half of them more so casually in passing or in broken up parts, summed up enough to get the gist of the movies, but yeah, it wasn't that great from what I recall either. Hilarious that the jedi nerds hero in Boba Fett (or whichever Fett is the famous one) died so damn easily there, lol.

That said, I get your analogy and agree that there's actually quite a bit more pulpy goodness they can juice out of this.

This show hasn’t let me down yet. For some reason the formula just works, I’ve yet to see any sign that it can’t keep working

It’s like the show is fail proof, its built on the entire premise of constantly jumping the shark.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How much yall wanna bet this is gonna be Miguel's father?

61vnCru-qOS._SL1000_.jpg

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show worked, every season has been entertaining and has the perfect amount of nostalgia, seriousness, and ridiculousness. (That having the kids jump across the roof was so over the top
:mjlol:)

But a part of me thinks there’s nothing left and it’s downhill from here
:lupe:

I don’t think so, there are several storylines that can be created. However I see your point though. If the series goes on too long it might get boring if they run out of storyline ideas. However, the writers still have the option to bring in Mike Barnes and Julie Pierce and maybe Jaden Smith. Season 5 has already been filmed, so we shall see.

I am sure that the end game is Daniel/Kamiko. Based on the online commentary the writers would be silly not to entertain the idea.

I would like Kumiko to accidentally find a letter in Aunt Yukies house which explains that her real did is an American who was stationed in Okinawa, and had a fling with her mom. Kumiko decides to go looking for her dad…and it turns out that her dad is John Kresse.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they gonna make divorce a thing just to appease nostalgia?

I’m sure the writers are saving “Glory of love” for something.

I think the vendetta against Cobra Kai will eventually take a toll on Daniels marriage. I see him getting closer to Kumiko during those rough times because she understands the importance of Karate in his life, and she is the link to Mr Miyagi (calming him and giving advise) that he needs.

Kumiko looks amazing. The actress Tamlyn who plays her has aged beautifully (albeit the slight nose job)

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
they gonna make divorce a thing just to appease nostalgia?

I don't know about a divorce just to hook up with Kumiko, but I think it'd be fascinating to flip Johnny and Daniel's lives; have Johnny living a stable, well-rounded life for once while Daniel lives like a miserable bum, alienated from everyone he loves.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know about a divorce just to hook up with Kumiko, but I think it'd be fascinating to flip Johnny and Daniel's lives; have Johnny living a stable, well-rounded life for once while Daniel lives like a miserable bum, alienated from everyone he loves.

That was sort of where I was going earlier with my comment about Karate taking a toll on his marriage. He could lose everything in the divorce to his wife.

There is obviously a reason why the writers didn’t marry Kumiko off.

I see him taking the first flight out to Okinawa after a heart to heart with Johnny,

Last edited:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I might be high…actually I am but it occurred to me that Cobra Kai is some LA gang shyt. Just a bunch of kids repping their sets. shyts generational and they be doing drive by’s (sorta). They be trying to kill opps trying to rep for they set. Going all out for their slimes. They way I see it Soo woo and Miyagi-Do is one and the same.