Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
My cousins put me on to this and we binged both seasons this week

renewed my Netflix just for season 3

Side note :: the character Robbie aint shyt and he aint been shyt for 2 seasons str8 .... starts as a high school dropout , runs with gang of thieves , blaming everything on his dad verbally attacking him calling him a loser ,, to then sign up for Miyagi-Do purposely siding with his father's rival ,, never wanted to forgive his dad or move on with his Napoleon Complex havin-ass ,, only to finally pull up to his dad house once messy Sam got drunk at that house party and they wanna hide from her father (bringing unneccesary drama to papa house) ,,, lying on the homie Miguel returning the medal of honor , to then purposely crippling Miguel because he can't handle he's a rebound side-piece and the girl he chose on Sam aint shyt either !

lowkey I wanna see Cobra Kai find a way to defeat the Miyagi-Do style .. gets kinda clitche with the whole "good martial arts beats the 'evil' martial arts"

Miguel actually showed Robbie mercy just to get tossed of the top flight of stairs :hhh:

patiently waiting on Miguel comeback and Miguel vs Robbie pt.3
No Mercy :demonic:

@shroommon

I do think part of Robby's arc is that he really IS a good kid, just with a lot of anger and Daniel is the first person at all to show him any positive attention. The poor kid was neglected by both his father and his mother. Daniel is the first person to see him as an equal and give him a chance and then the attention. That goes a LONG way for a kid.

I think he showed up to the tournament because at this point it was the one positive thing he had, it was his balance. So much in his life was wrong, but the Karate came naturally to him and he felt good. Daniel told him to pull up the good to counter the bad.

Also, perhaps he wanted to show Daniel that he was a worthy student or maybe Robby just wanted to prove something to himself after all, that he was capable of more than just cheating and stealing.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Just finished the season

Robbie is a bytch ass mufukka. I hope Miguel whoops his whiny little ass again :ufdup:

Old man Kreese gotta be pushing 70 or 80 years old. That old mufukka whooping Daniel & Johnny's ass :dead:

Tori on parole taking care of her brother & sick mom, but she's cool with trespassing and assault on Larusso :beli:

Season 4 gonna be lit. Hope we don't have to wait 2 years for it again :unimpressed:

@TheGreatShowtime no Robby is not a bytch ass mufukka. Why exactly do you feel he is? I'm going to break it down in terms of how I see it.

1. Robby feels betrayed when Daniel turns him in during Season 3.

2. Robby still tries to avoid fighting in juvie - saying that his karate is for self-defense only - and gets beat up for his trouble.

3. The bullies there keep harrassing him - threatening to beat him up again, taunting him about Sam, stealing his stuff like the mattress and all.

4. He decides to give Johnny a chance to visit (something Miyagi-Do taught him) - and Johnny doesn't show up.

5. When Johnny does show up, Robby gets recriminations about getting in fights and hurting Miguel. Johnny further messes up by interfering with his work.

6. Kreese, on the other hand, is more sympathetic to his troubles and gives him advice on how to handle it.

7. Robby tries it out and it works. He earns the bully's respect and he is left alone after that.
Conclusion: The Miyagi-Do way doesn't work for Robby. Daniel's lessons have brought him nothing but more pain and rejection. And while he doesn't buy into Kreese's ideology just yet, the lack of judgment from him made for a good change.

Then,

1. Robby is released from juvie and even though he has nowhere to go, both Daniel and Johnny still let him walk away.

2. He decides to give Miyagi-Do another chance, but when he gets there, he sees Sam there with Miguel and gets his heart broken all over again. Now, I will say it was foul for Robby to try to hit Miguel in that scene considering what happened to Miguel at the end of Season 2. Thought Robby was way out of line there.

3. He's back where he started the season - alone, homeless and with no one on his side. But at least Kreese offered to help without any preconditions - so Robby takes him up on it.

4. Tory convinces him that Cobra Kai is somewhere he could be accepted and be allowed to be himself without people condemning him all the time. Robby is still not certain, but he decides to give it a chance. As for Tory - she can empathize with Robby because she too comes from nothing and she got cheated on as well. Hence why she doesn't hate him.

5. Of the other kids, most aren't that close to Miguel. Which is why Hawk is the only one who has a problem with Robby joining. Kyler, for example, got there later, so he has no beef with Robby.

6. Johnny comes to the dojo to fight Kreese because of what the other students did and finds Robby there. At this point, Robby asks his dad to take his side - but Johnny refuses to do that again and chooses to fight Kreese instead.

7. Daniel and Johnny both declare that they want to shut down Cobra Kai. Robby only just found a place where he can start to feel safe and they both want to take it away from him right away. So once again, he coldly tells them to go away and get out of his life.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
i forgot i even watched this shyt over the weekend. :mjlol:

-Miguel got healthy just to get fukked up again
-We supposed to feel sorry for Kreese? :hhh:
-LOL @ them new kids Kreese recruited. Asian dude was a natural. :wow:
-What happened to the fat girl? :dwillhuh:
-We supposed to believe Daniel went over to Japan and didn't cheat on his wife with them PAAGs. :skip:
-Robbie is not worth saving at this point. He hit rock bottom and went to Juvie and was getting punked by Sammy Watkins, got out and went over there with Kreese. Let him go Johnny, you tried. Blame his thot ass rehab mama. :manny:
-At this point Tory and Sam fightin just to be fighting and being petty.

@8WON6 Johnny tried with Robby? Really?? :snoop::snoop:

Its very rare that Johnny thinks of his own son. When Daniel and Johnny went on a car chase to find that get away car thinking it was Robby and attacked each other after fighting off those guys, Johnny literally told Daniel that he had other things to do than to look for his missing son. He was never there for Robby. When Robby was growing up he wasn’t there, he wasn’t there when Robby was born. He wasn’t there when Robby was in jail. He just never showed up for the kid unfortunately. And to feel neglected by your dad who gives a lot of his time, support, love and protection to a kid that isn’t even his must sting. Tbh if I was Robby I would never wanna talk to him again either. Johnny gives up on him way too easily.

He gives so much love and attention to Miguel because he gives it back, but when it’s his son who he’s been rejecting for so long, he can’t just expect for Robby to just give it back.

Johnny has always chosen Miguel over Robby. and it is honestly disgusting. Johnny is an adult and should know better. what bothers me is that he gets mad at Daniel for taking Robby in like he literally had the option open for 16 years and choose not to. Johnny is literally more mad at the fact that Robby is with his enemy than being happy that he's with people who care for him, give him a place to sleep, good food, even new clothes! like if Johnny wanted to do that he should have. even if he doesn't own things Daniel does. it's the thought that counts! and someone like Robby who has basically had nothing his whole life would come in a heartbeat.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
@TheGreatShowtime no Robby is not a bytch ass mufukka. Why exactly do you feel he is? I'm going to break it down in terms of how I see it.

1. Robby feels betrayed when Daniel turns him in during Season 3.

2. Robby still tries to avoid fighting in juvie - saying that his karate is for self-defense only - and gets beat up for his trouble.

3. The bullies there keep harrassing him - threatening to beat him up again, taunting him about Sam, stealing his stuff like the mattress and all.

4. He decides to give Johnny a chance to visit (something Miyagi-Do taught him) - and Johnny doesn't show up.

5. When Johnny does show up, Robby gets recriminations about getting in fights and hurting Miguel. Johnny further messes up by interfering with his work.

6. Kreese, on the other hand, is more sympathetic to his troubles and gives him advice on how to handle it.

7. Robby tries it out and it works. He earns the bully's respect and he is left alone after that.
Conclusion: The Miyagi-Do way doesn't work for Robby. Daniel's lessons have brought him nothing but more pain and rejection. And while he doesn't buy into Kreese's ideology just yet, the lack of judgment from him made for a good change.

Then,

1. Robby is released from juvie and even though he has nowhere to go, both Daniel and Johnny still let him walk away.

2. He decides to give Miyagi-Do another chance, but when he gets there, he sees Sam there with Miguel and gets his heart broken all over again. Now, I will say it was foul for Robby to try to hit Miguel in that scene considering what happened to Miguel at the end of Season 2. Thought Robby was way out of line there.

3. He's back where he started the season - alone, homeless and with no one on his side. But at least Kreese offered to help without any preconditions - so Robby takes him up on it.

4. Tory convinces him that Cobra Kai is somewhere he could be accepted and be allowed to be himself without people condemning him all the time. Robby is still not certain, but he decides to give it a chance. As for Tory - she can empathize with Robby because she too comes from nothing and she got cheated on as well. Hence why she doesn't hate him.

5. Of the other kids, most aren't that close to Miguel. Which is why Hawk is the only one who has a problem with Robby joining. Kyler, for example, got there later, so he has no beef with Robby.

6. Johnny comes to the dojo to fight Kreese because of what the other students did and finds Robby there. At this point, Robby asks his dad to take his side - but Johnny refuses to do that again and chooses to fight Kreese instead.

7. Daniel and Johnny both declare that they want to shut down Cobra Kai. Robby only just found a place where he can start to feel safe and they both want to take it away from him right away. So once again, he coldly tells them to go away and get out of his life.

Damn, breh. I just find his character annoying is all :russ:

I agree with a lot of your points, but the fact that this sleazy mufukka took a swing at Miguel after almost killing him gives me no sympathy for him. All this dude does on camera is be a whiny little bytch. Miguel has had it hard too, but Miguel takes it on the chin and keeps it moving instead of sulking & being an a$$hole like Robby. Except for S2 Miguel... But that is in the past now. I'm expecting a redemption arc for Robby similar to S3 Miguel.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Ee4jS2QUcAAJ6xc.jpg

When is season 3 dropping, that whole high school ass rivalry was getting real boring but wtf mayne!!! Not my boy— not my dude.
:dead:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Breaking and entering, stabbing, attempted murder, stealing, breaking limbs, how are these kids not in jail
:picard:

I'm saying though. I just finished S3's last episode after binging the whole series for the past week or so and every mf in this show need to be under indictment. It's non stop fikkery but I luv it:russ:

Can't believe I avoided this show for so long lol. Didn't think it could work, and it has its flaws, bit overall, it's entertaining as shut :laugh: