Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
:picard:Idk why people keep saying Daniel was the bad guy

All this shyt showed was there were no good or bad guys really.

Lets not act like Daniel was just kicking his own ass or Johnny wasn’t being a miguel-esque dikk to everyone in the original movie.

Then his extremely vague description of what happened in the 80’s when talking to miguel was just:mjlol:.

Lets also not forget skipping out on his own kid for 16 years...

I love the show for the way it humanizes Johnny, showed a different side of Daniel, and showed the radical and extreme changes in the kids that they were teaching because of what they were teaching but Johnny was still a dikkhead.

Dude was racists, a drunk, neglectful father, etc. He did get better and showed that he was much more than that as well, but lets act like Johnny was an angel. Daniel did do some grimy shyt and hated Johnny but he was there for his kids, a family man, built an empire out of nothing, gave people chances, was there for Johnnys kid (even though Johnny was there for miguel) etc.

It honestly just showed that despite how different the 2 were they were very similar

In Johnny's defense he did try to return to his sons life and do the right thing it was just unsuccessful due to his previous bad actions and refusing to give him a second chance and his son being jealous of Miguel. Also, Johnny's familial situation has nothing to do with Daniel purposefully antagonizing Johnny over something that happened 34 years ago . I believe the vague description was purposeful as it was the way Johnny viewed the situation just like Daniel's description of the events was skewed in his favor. I think next season is going to show Johnny grappling with the impact he has had on these kids in particular the main three hawk, miguel, and aliyash. Miguel's attitude towards the end made sense, he was hurt and lashed out but i think we are going to see him return more to the middle of the person he was at the beginning and at the end. I am interested in how Larousso's son responds to his dad spending so much time doing karate with another boy, he already showed signs of jealous. Maybe he joins cobra kai

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:picard:Idk why people keep saying Daniel was the bad guy

All this shyt showed was there were no good or bad guys really.

Lets not act like Daniel was just kicking his own ass or Johnny wasn’t being a miguel-esque dikk to everyone in the original movie.

Then his extremely vague description of what happened in the 80’s when talking to miguel was just:mjlol:.

Lets also not forget skipping out on his own kid for 16 years...

I love the show for the way it humanizes Johnny, showed a different side of Daniel, and showed the radical and extreme changes in the kids that they were teaching because of what they were teaching but Johnny was still a dikkhead.

Dude was racists, a drunk, neglectful father, etc. He did get better and showed that he was much more than that as well, but lets act like Johnny was an angel. Daniel did do some grimy shyt and hated Johnny but he was there for his kids, a family man, built an empire out of nothing, gave people chances, was there for Johnnys kid (even though Johnny was there for miguel) etc.

It honestly just showed that despite how different the 2 were they were very similar

This series humanizes Johnny, and shows it from his perspective of everything as it should of been in Karate Kid when you actually look at it in retrospect. Daniel did ruin his life... people were saying this for years. Daniel was the instigator of all of this and it was all because he was trying to steal Johnny's girlfriend.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
In Johnny's defense he did try to return to his sons life and do the right thing it was just unsuccessful due to his previous bad actions and refusing to give him a second chance and his son being jealous of Miguel. Also, Johnny's familial situation has nothing to do with Daniel purposefully antagonizing Johnny over something that happened 34 years ago . I believe the vague description was purposeful as it was the way Johnny viewed the situation just like Daniel's description of the events was skewed in his favor. I think next season is going to show Johnny grappling with the impact he has had on these kids in particular the main three hawk, miguel, and aliyash. Miguel's attitude towards the end made sense, he was hurt and lashed out but i think we are going to see him return more to the middle of the person he was at the beginning and at the end. I am interested in how Larousso's son responds to his dad spending so much time doing karate with another boy, he already showed signs of jealous. Maybe he joins cobra kai
Not in Johnnys defense, he tried late as fukk.

I mean, yeah he did try but after 16+ years.. but a nikka son is gonna be a lil hostile after that, especially being these nikkas in the same city.

I agreed that Daniel did skew it just like Johnny did but again, lets not act like Johnny wasn’t the fukking bully despite his personal life and upbringing. Like him and his boys wasn’t jumping Daniel, throwing him down hills, etc.

I don’t mind miguels reaction though, its just he was moving more so in the direction old Johnny was and not in the direction he was before and mainly that was because of bitterness. And yeah, Johnny son was jealous of Miguel and Miguel was jealous of the son because the son got close to Daniels daughter.

And then the less than honorable move at the end even though it was what Miguel was taught.. but even Johnny was having flashbacks and trying not to turn Miguel into what he had became as a kid.

Anyway, my point is, if this show did anything it was to basically say that there were no real good and bad guys and honestly thats life.

Either way, there were no real good guys, not as cut and dry as the movies. Just a bunch of people making a bunch of mistakes

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This series humanizes Johnny, and shows it from his perspective of everything as it should of been in Karate Kid when you actually look at it in retrospect. Daniel did ruin his life... people were saying this for years. Daniel was the instigator of all of this and it was all because he was trying to steal Johnny's girlfriend.

Thats the thing, she wasn’t Johnnys girl at the time:mjlol:

He even said it in the show, they were broken up and Johnny was being a simp.

He didn’t like Daniel pushing up and tried to bully him about it... take responsibility for your actions

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats the thing, she wasn’t Johnnys girl at the time:mjlol:

He even said it in the show, they were broken up and Johnny was being a simp.

He didn’t like Daniel pushing up and tried to bully him about it... take responsibility for your actions

The point is still Daniel used that opportunity to instigate and escalate the situation when it wasn't necessary. Them having an argument and some punk want to put on his cape... then sucker punch homie... he deserved for his ass to be kicked.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The point is still Daniel used that opportunity to instigate and escalate the situation when it wasn't necessary. Them having an argument and some punk want to put on his cape... then sucker punch homie... he deserved for his ass to be kicked.
Were they together yes or no?

Was she fair game at that point, yes or no?

Lets keep this shyt simple, you tried fighting a kid over a chick that wasn’t even yours.

Simp move... sucker punch or not. Thats what started his demise... a bytch that neither one still fukk with in the present time.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Got 2 more episodes left.

I feel sorry for those who wrote this off before it started. This shyt is :wow:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
In not in Johnnys defense he tried late as fukk.

I mean, yeah he did try but after 16+ years a nikka gonna be a lil hostile, especially being these nikkas in the same city.

I agreed that Daniel did skew it just like Johnny sid but again, lets not act like Johnny wasn’t the fukking bully despite his personal life and upbringing.

I don’t mind miguels reaction its just he was moving more so in the direction old Johnny was and not in the direction he was becoming and mainly that was bitterness. And yeah, Johnny son was jealous of Miguel and Miguel was jealous because the son got close to Daniels daughter.

And then the less than honorable move at the end even though it was what Miguel was taught, even Johnny was having flashbacks and trying not to turn Miguel into what he had became.

Anyway, my point is, if this show did anything it was to basically say that there were no real good and bad guys and honestly thats life.

Either way, there were no real good guys, not as cut and dry as the movies. Just a bunch of people making a bunch of mistakes

Don’t get me wrong 16 years is too late but for him to attempt is worth mentioning and I understood his son’s reaction it made sense. Miguel’s turn really starts before the tournament and I think that is going to be addressed by Johnny and his mother. I think that is what season 2 is going to be about mentors and the responsibilities they have to their pupils which Johnny at the end realizes even telling Miguel their is a right way to win before he targets Robbie shoulder to win. Daniel ends the season with the same holier than though attitude which impact his daughter and caused her to hide her relationship with Miguel which in turn hurt him and caused him to lash out. Johnny shows a tremendous amount of growth daniel does not.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Don’t get me wrong 16 years is too late but for him to attempt is worth mentioning and I understood his son’s reaction it made sense. Miguel’s turn really starts before the tournament and I think that is going to be addressed by Johnny and his mother. I think that is what season 2 is going to be about mentors and the responsibilities they have to their pupils which Johnny at the end realizes even telling Miguel their is a right way to win before he targets Robbie shoulder to win. Daniel ends the season with the same holier than though attitude which impact his daughter and caused her to hide her relationship with Miguel which in turn hurt him and caused him to lash out. Johnny shows a tremendous amount of growth daniel does not.
Johnny did show growth, very true the show is basically about him firstly...

What growth did Daniel need to show? He did what he was supposed to do, help took care of Miyagi until the end, built an empires out of nothing, raised his ungrateful ass kids and had a down ass wife.

He also took in a kid that he didn’t even know nothing about and changed his life... what else was he supposed to be doing?

In fact, he showed his darker side by trying to sabatoge Johnny multiple times but that was only after dude was drawing dikks on shyt and Daniel found out. And after his wife checked him on it he fell back but his hatred for Cobra Kai isn’t going anywhere.

His hatred for Cobra Kai had his daughter hide shyt, not his “holier than thou” attitude. His holy attitude came from Miyagi who taught him completely different method of Karate that centered more on peace, defense, and balance.

But nikkas act like his hatred came from nowhere lmao. Imo, it wasn’t necessary but at the same time all he was doing is what Cobra Kai teaches and showing “No Mercy” in trying to bury dude (when honestly, he actually let it go after they entered the tournament).

But Daniels more vicious side was his character arc this season and I thought it was dope.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Yall trying to blame Daniel for everything and I’m saying that both of these dudes deserve the blame.