Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Funny cause my boy and I were just saying the exact opposite. He and I both feel Netflix is too junky and has too much shyt and just a hornets nest of content. Hulu has a cleaner UI and has less original content so what they do have gets propped up. Wouldn’t be mad at either but I’d prefer Hulu . All while being fully aware the Netflix name has more cache
I hear that but I'm sure a lot of people didn't catch this because it was on freaking YouTube Red. I would prefer it tk get the buzz that only Netflix can create. I can't really think of a time when a Hulu show has captured public imagination other than maybe the first season of the handmaid's tale. Correct me if I'm wrong

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
Don't they usually drop the season about this time of year? Or are they saving this season for Christmas time?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hear that but I'm sure a lot of people didn't catch this because it was on freaking YouTube Red. I would prefer it tk get the buzz that only Netflix can create. I can't really think of a time when a Hulu show has captured public imagination other than maybe the first season of the handmaid's tale. Correct me if I'm wrong
Little fires everywhere is also big for them. And the first season of castle rock. But I hear your larger point.

that said, they broke records for YouTube so going on either Netflix or Hulu is only going to increase their reach and numbers so anything is a W for them

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Don't they usually drop the season about this time of year? Or are they saving this season for Christmas time?
It’s not dropping on YouTube anymore. Sony is negotiating a new deal since YouTube is getting out of the original content business. So as soon as that deal is negotiated, then we’ll get the new season and future seasons

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
It’s not dropping on YouTube anymore. Sony is negotiating a new deal since YouTube is getting out of the original content business. So as soon as that deal is negotiated, then we’ll get the new season and future seasons
The only 2 youtube orignals I've watched are this and Wayne. Cobra Kai is sure to keep going wherever but I wonder if they'll get to do new Wayne episodes at a new home too...

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Plus, I've been paying for Netflix for years, I get Prime video with the Prime I'm already paying for, and I get Disney+ free for a year with my LG TV. I do NOT want to have to pay for another streaming service if I can avoid it.
Then again, I hear good things about Handmaid's Tale and I would like to continue watching The Orville, so if it does go to Hulu there's a chance I might end up giving in.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Little fires everywhere is also big for them. And the first season of castle rock. But I hear your larger point.

that said, they broke records for YouTube so going on either Netflix or Hulu is only going to increase their reach and numbers so anything is a W for them
Now that I think about it it would fit nicely alongside high Fidelity Ramy pen15 Etc

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
With Hulu it might stand out more since they have less shows and they could promote it more. Also maybe a better chance of continuing since Netflix seems to only keep shows around for so long, unless they are mega hits like Stranger Things or animated.

Yet with popularity, it has the best chance of breaking out with Netflix. A show like Community could be on Hulu for years, yet when it came to Netflix it saw a resurgence in people talking about it/discovering the show. Hannibal has been on Amazon for years, but when it comes to Netflix next month it wouldn't shock me to see something similar. Plus with Netflix being fully international, Cobra Kai could be trending #1 in like India, South Africa, and America.

Either way I'm looking forward to the new season :ehh: