Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Finished. Love this season. Not the best one but enjoyable nonetheless.

Feel like Johnny's arc remains the best one so far. He was the most level-headed character in the entire season. Chozen was also a really welcome addition this season and made the dynamic between the main adult characters more interesting rather than just being an unnecesarily OP side character. Rooted for him more than ever. A few things in the finale irked me a little bit but ultimately I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm really happy with what they did with Mike Barnes this season. I thought he could have been in it a bit more but he didn't feel out of place. The Jessica reveal was a pleasant surprise though! That's a great callback.

Silver was great as always but I was a bit pertubed at how easily he got washed in the finale by Daniel - that said, he did have a grueling fight with Chozen; I was just surprised Daniel was able to overcome him the way he did after getting the shyt beat out of him by Silver in ep 5. I was happy to see him lose but it felt a bit like when Oliver Queen easily cut off Merlyn's hand in Arrow after struggling to fight him for 3 seasons previously.

The best thing about this season are the rivalries tying up though, especially Robby and Miguel becoming friends. I'm glad they didn't just drag it out. Daniel and Johnny's dynamic was great aswell. I feel like the entire series will end with Daniel and Johnny fighting together again out of necessity - as friends rather than foes with a common enemy like season 3 and 4.

Great season though

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Anybody watched episode 5 yet?

Goddamn Miguel beat Robby's ass! And that's not even bringing up Daniel and Silver! :damn:
Yeah, Robby got washed quite handily IMO. Clear who the better fighter is, as OP as season 4 Robby appeared to be.

And Daniel/Silver in ep 5 was my favorite of the season. Was great storytelling.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
halfway thru…gonna watch one more ep then finish the rest tomorrow…daniel been looking ass all season :hhh: