Official CheeseSteak Vs Clam Chowder ECF Semifinals. 76ers Vs Celtics Thread.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
unless we get an offer that blows my socks off (dwight, bynum or maybe a couple of the utah bigs) i have no interest in trading iggy

he's a great player bottom line. best perimeter defender in the game, one of the world's greatest athletes IMO.

lol yea but I definitely can see Philly's front office taking Pau for Iggy straight up and the team does needs a big. But, problem is that Pau has been declining a bit for a while, but I think they wouldn't realize that and would be dying for bigs if Utah wouldn't trade with them. Iggy is a great player, even though he might not be the most complete player on the offensive end, but he is a great team player that is one of the best perimeter defenders in the game and the perfect 3rd option on the LAkers, and he wouldn't have to worry about carrying a franchise or the pressure as much. I hope as a LAker fan it happens. Also, isn't Jrue Holiday supposed to be the next "guy" and the golden boy to takeover the franchise for the Sixers? lol I heard that the front office sees Jrue as the franchise player, even though I think it should be Turner, but he isn't as consistent as Jrue yet though.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Whether Iggy should stay or go is a huge enigma.

On one side, there are only a few players like him in the league that can defend most 2's and 3's in the L, then be a ball handler and fast break threat like him. Plus his 3 point rage was underrated this season.

On the other hand, he has not played up to his contract. These should be his peak years offensively, yet his scoring is declining each year, after averaging close to 20 a few years ago.

Trading him for Odom woulda been a huge mistake, besides my personal feeling for Odom in which i think he is bytch made.

There was also rumors in the offseason of trading him for Monta or Rudy Gay, both way better scoring options.

I say keep Iggy, then keep trying to find who can be THE guy on offense, whether it be through free agency or the draft.
The team is going to have to add pieces anyway since it looks like Brand won't be back and Lou Williams and Hawes are free agents.
We'll see.

Yea I know, Iggy has been always had that talent to be great. Yea he really might not have the stats to back up the contract he is making, but he has become a complete team player now that can become a second or third option that can be part of a championship and now with Philly he doesn't have to worry about carrying the team and being the franchise guy, even though that's the contract he signed up for, I do feel like he did and still does crack under the pressure sometimes, but with the young players that are coming up in Philly, it has alleviated that pressure for him as now he has back up with really good teammates. I really like and enjoy Iggy's game and how he has matured a lot and lets see what happens with him and hope great things continue to happen to him and to the Philly franchise.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
lol yea but I definitely can see Philly's front office taking Pau for Iggy straight up and the team does needs a big. But, problem is that Pau has been declining a bit for a while, but I think they wouldn't realize that and would be dying for bigs if Utah wouldn't trade with them. Iggy is a great player, even though he might not be the most complete player on the offensive end, but he is a great team player that is one of the best perimeter defenders in the game and the perfect 3rd option on the LAkers, and he wouldn't have to worry about carrying a franchise or the pressure as much. I hope as a LAker fan it happens. Also, isn't Jrue Holiday supposed to be the next "guy" and the golden boy to takeover the franchise for the Sixers? lol I heard that the front office sees Jrue as the franchise player, even though I think it should be Turner, but he isn't as consistent as Jrue yet though.

pau? hell na. too old, we're building for 3 years from now, not for next year.

i'll take bynum if he's not in the trade then no deal

front office wants jrue and ET to play together. we'll see how that goes, worst case scenario we trade one of them summer 2013.

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Philly fans and everyone else, what do you think about Iggy and do you want him or you want him to go? I really liked how mature he is and how much of a team player he is now, and has figured out less is more. What do you think about Iggy and also what other moves Philly should do for there future.

I never like the players we would potentially get back when Iggy trade scenarios pop up. He is too valuable on defense to toss to trade for players such as Ellis and Pau(:mjpls:). His contract is the reason why fans tend to complain about him.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali

front office wants jrue and ET to play together. we'll see how that goes, worst case scenario we trade one of them summer 2013.

Yea, but I can see management making that move due to Pau winning 2 rings and be like he has 2 championships and can help take them to the next level lol. I can see Philly doing that lol There are a bunch of teams that would give up a bunch just to have Pau. And we will see how the Jrue and ET goes, but it does seems like the whole franchise and Collins wants Jrue to be the man on the team. He is cool, but he doesn't have that killer instinct and that will to win ET has, but we will see, they are both young as hell. Also, what do you think your team will do with Brand, Lou, and Hawes? Only thing I think they will do for certain is to amnesty Brand.

I never like the players we would potentially get back when Iggy trade scenarios pop up. He is too valuable on defense to toss to trade for players such as Ellis and Pau(:mjpls:). His contract is the reason why fans tend to complain about him.

Yea I know, I do think he does get a bunch too much hate though from fans, but thats just the way it has to be and in the past and currently at times I think it does effect him mentally at times, but he is hella valuable and is one of a kind type of player with the skills and attributes he can provide for anyone's squad. I was happy he made the All Star Game. lol I though the coaches would have been dumb I let Lou make the team because he was the leading scorer. I'm like just because you might score the most don't mean you are the best player on the team. But, Lou is cool and is instant offense and with Iggy, ET, Jrue, and Brand they hide his weaknesses on the defensive side so he is a really good plus on the team, even though he is capable of being a terrible chucker at times lol

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey

I didn't think they could play together but the playoffs showed that both are now better moving and getting there's without dominating the ball each possession so I think they be a great backcourt for the future. Especially after getting a real training camp and all this experience they got this season they'll be scary.

But I always wanted Iggy gone I've lightened up on that I think if we got Jrue,Turner,Thad,and Iggy that's a good base to build around. But if we got a quality big I wouldn't mind moving Iggy, but he has been an anchor on our defense. But on a side note Lavoy is really impressing me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
unless we get an offer that blows my socks off (dwight, bynum or maybe a couple of the utah bigs) i have no interest in trading iggy

he's a great player bottom line. best perimeter defender in the game, one of the world's greatest athletes IMO.

Exactly how I feel. .

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Jackie McMullan holding us down on Around the Horn, mucho props
:to:

fukk Bomani hatin ass
:jawalrus:

ESPN for the most part are a bunch of hatin fags that fat Grimace looking Wilboun, that :flabbynsick: bum Jon Barry,
220px-Mortimer.jpg
Mortimer Mouse Broussard

...rd-of-espn.jpg
, etc have been trashing the Sixers all season. Magic has at least given the Sixers all little credit.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali

smh really Piru P?? This dude get shot by a rifle? lol you are that dude, but I hate this dude's overreactions and flopping. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeVanteSwing

Flop Champion
Daps

and does nothing on offense beside chucking up bricks

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Someone on a 76ers blog suggested the following trade: Iggy for Enes Kanter, Raja Bell, Earl Watson, and a 1st rounder. You could take Bell or Watson out of that deal and I'd still do it.