Official CheeseSteak Vs Clam Chowder ECF Semifinals. 76ers Vs Celtics Thread.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
76ers in 7
dggl5e.jpg

:russ:

K-O-B

Management
Daps
Reppin
Back in Mass!
Celts were playing for game 7... I feel like they always do that, I don't know why. Watch Heat close it out tonight and decimate the pacers, what the Celts should have done. Celts looked so lackidasical out there

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Andre Iguodala was nearly traded from the Philadelphia 76ers to the Los Angeles Lakers last June. In the hours leading up to the 2011 NBA Draft, the two teams were discussing a potential deal that would’ve sent Iguodala to Los Angeles in exchange for several pieces including Lamar Odom and a draft pick.

The Lakers were ready to pull the trigger on the deal and the Sixers strongly considered it. However, Philadelphia ultimately turned down the trade because they believed that Odom would be unhappy and unmotivated after being dealt from Los Angeles.

After watching Odom struggle with the Dallas Mavericks and get dismissed from the team in April, there’s no question that Philadelphia made the right decision. Their read on Odom was entirely accurate – he had the worst year of his career, averaging 6.6 points and 4.1 rebounds – and now they find themselves one game away from the Eastern Conference Finals.

However, if the Sixers are eliminated by the Boston Celtics in Game 7, the general consensus around the league is that they’ll try to trade Iguodala this summer. Even with Philadelphia’s recent success, league sources insist that Iguodala is a player who could be moved this offseason if the right offer comes along.

The Lakers, who are looking to shake their roster up this offseason, are expected to once again emerge as a potential suitor for Iguodala. The 28-year-old would be an excellent fit for Los Angeles and solve their problem at small forward. Sources close to the situation say that Kobe Bryant would welcome the move since he has wanted the Lakers to acquire an athletic, versatile small forward for several years.

After missing on Iguodala last summer, the Lakers may be able to land him this offseason if they’re willing to part with the right pieces. With that said, Los Angeles will have competition for the small forward. Many teams are expected to express interest if Iguodala becomes available. This season, he averaged 12.4 points, 6.1 rebounds and 5.5 assists in 62 games with the Sixers.

Many players will be mentioned as possible targets for the Lakers this summer, but Iguodala is a realistic option given that these teams have flirted with this possibility in the no-so-distant past.

Philly fans and everyone else, what do you think about Iggy and do you want him or you want him to go? I really liked how mature he is and how much of a team player he is now, and has figured out less is more. What do you think about Iggy and also what other moves Philly should do for there future.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Whether Iggy should stay or go is a huge enigma.

On one side, there are only a few players like him in the league that can defend most 2's and 3's in the L, then be a ball handler and fast break threat like him. Plus his 3 point rage was underrated this season.

On the other hand, he has not played up to his contract. These should be his peak years offensively, yet his scoring is declining each year, after averaging close to 20 a few years ago.

Trading him for Odom woulda been a huge mistake, besides my personal feeling for Odom in which i think he is bytch made.

There was also rumors in the offseason of trading him for Monta or Rudy Gay, both way better scoring options.

I say keep Iggy, then keep trying to find who can be THE guy on offense, whether it be through free agency or the draft.
The team is going to have to add pieces anyway since it looks like Brand won't be back and Lou Williams and Hawes are free agents.
We'll see.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I like Iggy a lot, and I think he'd be a vital piece on a potential championship team. Great defender, high basketball IQ, and while he's still not a great shooter, he's become a very good catch-and-shoot shooter.

Pretty much every potential Iggy trade I've heard (Monta, Gay, Odom) has someone coming back I really don't like. Monta's just Lou Williams 2.0, Gay is incredibly streaky, and Odom is a mental case.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
unless we get an offer that blows my socks off (dwight, bynum or maybe a couple of the utah bigs) i have no interest in trading iggy

he's a great player bottom line. best perimeter defender in the game, one of the world's greatest athletes IMO.

Gunshi

Reboot Coming…
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
im a big celtics fan but i think they should bow out and let them yung boys get a chance..... i wouldnt wanna play with ppl who dont give 110% and garnett is actin like a puccy right now.. he not playing well defensively, letting these lil nikkaz come to the hole and make fukkin layups without throwin their shots.. thats wats really killin us.. no defense in the paint.... step the fukk up garnett or ride da bench... yeah i know he scores but hes not makin the stops we need. even perkins play better d than him

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Jackie McMullan holding us down on Around the Horn, mucho props
:to:

fukk Bomani hatin ass
:jawalrus: