Official Candyman Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I hope its todd. A lil marvel youth cgi wouldnt blow the budget. Its not like he will be doing parkour n shyt. What better way to reboot a series than with the OG

lol you think they pull a "transfer of power" if they pull it off with Todd, as a passing of the torch of such?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol you think they pull a "transfer of power" if they pull it off with Todd, as a passing of the torch of such?

U mean like the og twist with helen being the new candyman at the end so pass it off to another? Nah the reason why they scrapped that ending was because of todd’s popularity in the role. Would be like if robert england still cracking jokes to the teens in the remake mixing the old with the new

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
U mean like the og twist with helen being the new candyman at the end so pass it off to another? Nah the reason why they scrapped that ending was because of todd’s popularity in the role. Would be like if robert england still cracking jokes to the teens in the remake mixing the old with the new

i hope this new one is in the same tone as the first one. i was not feeling that gothic tone the second one had, plus lol tony todd had that texturizer kit as well in his hair. Did anybody also notice the jackets that candyman were in each film were different too.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i hope this new one is in the same tone as the first one. i was not feeling that gothic tone the second one had, plus lol tony todd had that texturizer kit as well in his hair. Did anybody also notice the jackets that candyman were in each film were different too.

Bruh that texturizer added to the cultured negro authenticity. The white broads back
Then loved dat shyt

:russ:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
'Beale Street' Actress Teyonah Parris in Talks to Join Yahya Abdul-Mateen in 'Candyman' (Exclusive)

Teyonah Parris, who appeared in Barry Jenkins’If Beale Street Could Talk, is in negotiations to star opposite Yahya Abdul-Mateen in Candyman, MGM and Universal's update of the 1990s cult horror hit.

The new story is once again set in the Windy City neighborhood, but it is now gentrified. Abdul-Mateen, who is still in negotiations for the movie, would play an artist who becomes obsessed with the bloody legend. Parris, if a deal makes, will play his girlfriend, an art dealer.
'Beale Street' Actress Teyonah Parris to Join Yahya Abdul-Mateen in 'Candyman' (Exclusive)
She gon die :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You lyin.

The practical effects are fire and that grimy ass low down bytch of a wife still gets me heated to this day :pachaha:

Nah not at all. The effects are dope. The idea is dope. Which is why the second flick is better. Clive Barker behind the camera ain’t the business. Clive Barker as a writer tho? Yes

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah not at all. The effects are dope. The idea is dope. Which is why the second flick is better. Clive Barker behind the camera ain’t the business. Clive Barker as a writer tho? Yes
It's the same thing with M Night Shyamalan.
M Night is a good idea man but he can't execute those ideas as well as you can tell he thinks he can.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
giphy.gif