Official Candyman Thread

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Yep that is what exactly what the director wanted. You can tell the theme is not no typical cheesy score. The first candyman had some disturbing scenes for real. Hellraiser is another film a young kid should not watch neither.

Absolutely. I actually saw Hellraiser, in the theater, as a child. No real nightmares or anything but sheesh! :huhldup:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I betcha the director didn’t want a typical horror theme for them film (he probably saw it as more than that), so he basically was trying to be slick in order to get the feel and sound he wanted.

My 7 yo has developed an interest in some of the main horror movie characters, although he still can’t watch most of the movies yet. I showed him a random ass Candyman clip on YouTube...then it got to a pretty fked up part at the end that I forgot all about :picard:...had to shut that off rather quickly!

what part> the castration scene? homie getting impaled by the hook on camera? the doctor getting ripped open from the back? the bees scenes? the origin of candyman scene? the twist at the end of the first movie?

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
what part> the castration scene? homie getting impaled by the hook on camera? the doctor getting ripped open from the back? the bees scenes? the origin of candyman scene? the twist at the end of the first movie?

The scene where Helen is walking in the parking lot smiling and shyt when she hears Candyman and then sees him. I think he has her in a trance or something....she wakes up in the one Sista’s apartment covered in blood, and I think it’s implied that Helen killed ol’ girl’s baby? The baby crib with blood on the wall by it...

Man, as a whole are horror flicks of today anywhere near as harsh with their material as they were back in the day? I know not the PG-13 joints, but still...like even the rated R ones don’t “push it enough “.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The scene where Helen is walking in the parking lot smiling and shyt when she hears Candyman and then sees him. I think he has her in a trance or something....she wakes up in the one Sista’s apartment covered in blood, and I think it’s implied that Helen killed ol’ girl’s baby? The baby crib with blood on the wall by it...

Man, as a whole are horror flicks of today anywhere near as harsh with their material as they were back in the day? I know not the PG-13 joints, but still...like even the rated R ones don’t “push it enough “.

Yea a dog laying there with its head cut off was gory as shyt.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Hellraiser was on some other shyt

Til this day it be having me like :huhldup:
I first saw hellraiser as a kid at a cousins crib. My aunt and unc went out and we were at the house with my older cousins and some of their friends. I was just a kid at the time but they were doing coke and getting all fukked up. Then they put on hellraiser and we all watched that shyt, no one said a word. Always will remember that shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I’ll say it...that first hellraiser has aged like mozerella :hubie:
blaspheme_blues_brothers.gif

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
'Beale Street' Actress Teyonah Parris in Talks to Join Yahya Abdul-Mateen in 'Candyman' (Exclusive)

Teyonah Parris, who appeared in Barry Jenkins’If Beale Street Could Talk, is in negotiations to star opposite Yahya Abdul-Mateen in Candyman, MGM and Universal's update of the 1990s cult horror hit.

The new story is once again set in the Windy City neighborhood, but it is now gentrified. Abdul-Mateen, who is still in negotiations for the movie, would play an artist who becomes obsessed with the bloody legend. Parris, if a deal makes, will play his girlfriend, an art dealer.

'Beale Street' Actress Teyonah Parris to Join Yahya Abdul-Mateen in 'Candyman' (Exclusive)

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
oh dang lol well there ya go.

And I figured they would tie in Gentrification in this, I think I even called out early in the thread they need to do that.

They kind of hinted about gentrification in the first one too. Remember the apartment complex Helen was living in use to be some sort renovated housing project as well

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely. I actually saw Hellraiser, in the theater, as a child. No real nightmares or anything but sheesh! :huhldup:

Hellraiser was on some other shyt

Til this day it be having me like :huhldup:

When Stephen King said "I have seen the future of horror, his name is Clive Barker" you knew you were in for some shyt.

It would be like Jordan in his prime saying you're the future of basketball.

Fred.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep that is what exactly what the director wanted. You can tell the theme is not no typical cheesy score. The first candyman had some disturbing scenes for real. Hellraiser is another film a young kid should not watch neither.

I love the theme man. So classical but haunting and soothing at the same time