Official Candyman Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why his Wikipedia page say American People of Nigerian descent then:pachaha:
You do know that Wiki category includes any notable person who can trace their lineage back to Nigeria and not people who were themselves born in Nigeria or even had parents who were born in Nigeria right?

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Phillip glass was actually mad that his score ended up in candyman. He was told by the director that he was making a score for a drama.

I betcha the director didn’t want a typical horror theme for them film (he probably saw it as more than that), so he basically was trying to be slick in order to get the feel and sound he wanted.

My 7 yo has developed an interest in some of the main horror movie characters, although he still can’t watch most of the movies yet. I showed him a random ass Candyman clip on YouTube...then it got to a pretty fked up part at the end that I forgot all about :picard:...had to shut that off rather quickly!

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I betcha the director didn’t want a typical horror theme for them film (he probably saw it as more than that), so he basically was trying to be slick in order to get the feel and sound he wanted.

My 7 yo has developed an interest in some of the main horror movie characters, although he still can’t watch most of the movies yet. I showed him a random ass Candyman clip on YouTube...then it got to a pretty fked up part at the end that I forgot all about :picard:...had to shut that off rather quickly!

Yep that is what exactly what the director wanted. You can tell the theme is not no typical cheesy score. The first candyman had some disturbing scenes for real. Hellraiser is another film a young kid should not watch neither.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yep that is what exactly what the director wanted. You can tell the theme is not no typical cheesy score. The first candyman had some disturbing scenes for real. Hellraiser is another film a young kid should not watch neither.

I’ll say it...that first hellraiser has aged like mozerella :hubie:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Second one is better :manny: Clive Barker wasn’t a great director on the first one, which he has admitted. Said he didn’t know the first thing about it and it shows. Second one is godly tho
I love the second one, so ima take it easy on you.
but the first is one of my favorite MOVIES, not just "horror" movie, but MOVIES ever!
direction aside the concept of this perverse level of Hell and some joker managed to dip from outa that was always dope to me.
plus the quotables.
:banderas:

"Who are you?"
:damn:

"Explorers in the further regions of experience.
Demons to some, Angels to others."
:mjlit:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I love the second one, so ima take it easy on you.
but the first is one of my favorite MOVIES, not just "horror" movie, but MOVIES ever!
direction aside the concept of this perverse level of Hell and some joker managed to dip from outa that was always dope to me.
plus the quotables.
:banderas:

"Who are you?"
:damn:

"Explorers in the further regions of experience.
Demons to some, Angels to others."
:mjlit:

Well I won’t rain on your parade:russ:

Enjoy it man. Drink it up