Official Candyman Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Official film Synopsis

For as long as residents can remember, the housing projects of Chicago’s Cabrini Green neighborhood were terrorized by a word-of-mouth ghost story about a supernatural killer with a hook for a hand, easily summoned by those daring to repeat his name five times into a mirror. In present day, a decade after the last of the Cabrini towers were torn down, visual artist Anthony McCoy and his girlfriend, gallery director Brianna Cartwright, move into a luxury loft condo in Cabrini, now gentrified beyond recognition and inhabited by upwardly mobile millennials.
With Anthony’s painting career on the brink of stalling, a chance encounter with a Cabrini Green old-timer exposes Anthony to the tragically horrific nature of the true story behind Candyman. Anxious to maintain his status in the Chicago artworld, Anthony begins to explore these macabre details in his studio as fresh grist for paintings, unknowingly opening a door to a complex past that unravels his own sanity and unleashes a terrifyingly viral wave of violence that puts him on a collision course with destiny.

Monkeypaw Productions

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Beautiful
OWm1gaY.png

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Rewatching on netflix cuz of this thread and by gawd them titty meats :ohlawd:

New one is automatically inferior unless I get to see some high quality pawgery :whew:
Breh I remember watching Candyman for the first time and being absolutely terrified of falling asleep.

And then I remembered how Madsen was lookin in the middle of the film and let's just say it was goodnight after that :noah:

xRpuIr7.gif

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I watched candyman 2 tonight and i loved how it added to his back story in new orleans and why he would come for your ass if u called him candyman. New orleans was as much of a character as cabrini
Green

It ok, they went more on traditional horror slasher route on the sequel. I do like how they showed his backstory instead of telling it(that scene was still affective in the first one though) They never explain location changes any of the sequels lol. One movie its Chicago and the next is New Orleans, then its Los Angeles.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It ok, they went more on traditional horror slasher route on the sequel. I do like how they showed his backstory instead of telling it(that scene was still affective in the first one though) They never explain location changes any of the sequels lol. One movie its Chicago and the next is New Orleans, then its Los Angeles.

they did explain it. That was the house caroline grew up in and they were his creole descendents. The 1st it was just a myth passed down verbally so things and places can get lost. The 2nd made u empathize with him

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
they did explain it. That was the house caroline grew up in and they were his creole descendents. The 1st it was just a myth passed down verbally so things and places can get lost. The 2nd made u empathize with him

But he was killed on the land where cabrini was built on though. Its a horror film im not even trippin on it lol