Official Candyman Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They might as well gon' head and do a Hellraiser reboot too.

I prefer my horror to be more cerebral/psychological nowadays because I'm largely desensitized from gore. It has to be a good mind fukk or sum'n thought provoking for it to do da trick nowadays.

Thoughts on the new saw movie with chris rock?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Suspiria is such a trash fukking movie but the camera work and the lighting :wow: I see what you saying, og candyman has those muted colors as well and it feels like a frigid movie... that adds to the HEAVINESS of the movie, its a murderous black ghost taking his revenge in the projects, shyts not supposed to feel light. I still have high hopes for the reboot, hopefully its on some hereditary type time with the pacing
Thats a beautiful movie although its "ugly" :wow:

He explains perfectly in the opening about why Candyman had such staying power. It wasnt just a cheap slasher film

I dont think thats happening here. However, with the ADHD era we're in and the trailer showing SOO much...

Seems like a lot of kills :patrice:

I dont want Candyman being too much like Nightmare on Elm Street ( I know Peele is a big Wes Craven fan)

Ironically the premise seems similar to Nightmare 2 .

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
man i was a kid...11-12..my friend's older brother took all of us to see it...it was a movie i had no business seeing at the age...i dont really remember the overall impressions other than anyone i knew that saw it was like :damn:

:flabbynsick:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Im thinking that scene where all the girls say his name in the mirror is the end scene.

EWKA_Candyman3.jpg

That might be the scene where the myth is now been spread to the tik tok generation. Remember in the trailer he is wearing the bright brown jacket in the girls pocket mirror.

Last edited: