Official Candyman Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yea doesnt have that eerie feeling from the original.

I will say (after a couple rewatches of the trailer) it still works on its own. Music played a big part in the original so if the score here is great and they don't have a bunch of comedy we should be good.

A concern is the director mentioning how the OG was fun. No one I knew growing up considered that movie fun at all. It was haunting and tragic is some ways.
Yeah definitely wasn't a fun movie. Haunting is a good word.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
A concern is the director mentioning how the OG was fun. No one I knew growing up considered that movie fun at all. It was haunting and tragic is some ways.
Yeah definitely wasn't a fun movie. Haunting is a good word.
Movie was filmed serious, no dikk jokes or frat boy humor at all to break up the tension.

Yeah, even though the villain died at the end, the heroine also died and she did so horribly. Her last days alive were filled with bloodshed and misery and she basically became the new Candyman. It doesn't feel like a victory at all and I guess that's the point: It's not.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i just hope the dialogue is on point..candyman was on his victorian thug wave in the OG

"They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What's blood for if not for shedding? With my hook for a hand, I'll split you from your groin to your gullet. I came for you"