Official BMF Season 1 Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, Detroit still had a solid black middle class in the 1980's. The auto plants were no longer hiring like they did in the 1960's, but Detroiters were still making money. Also, Pops Flenory worked for GM, hourly employees were getting some nice profit sharing checks in the 1980's usually between 2K-10K, if the Flenory family home was in danger of being foreclosed, either someone had a habit or mama Flenory didnt know how to balance a checkbook. My late pops (r.i.p) worked for Ford Motor Company for 30 years and he stated that everything that happens on the streets of Detroit also happened inside of the plants.

Exactly some of my family worked there and were considered the well to do side of the family. They came down to Ohio to work at the car plants after they left Detroit.

I honestly believe that meech and T are just full of shyt and chose to sale drugs because they wanted money, girls, and clothes and to ride fly. Kind of hard to justify being a drug dealer because you chose to be. They chose that route even more so. That selling drugs to help the family stuff is BS.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It might just be me but being raised in the 80s and early 90s. I remember a lot of the drug dealers being food for the robbers. Like they made money and were flashy and dudes would literally do them bad or they were forced to pay for protection.

Also I’m not from Detroit but I have family there and it was more crews than BMF I’m not even sure if BMF was the largest crew in Detroit. I get that this is a show about BMF but am I tripping on them not showing some of the negatives? Like anyone in the streets who gets money has wolves on their ass and others in their pocket. I’m not seeing too much of that. Other than Lamar.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah, Detroit still had a solid black middle class in the 1980's. The auto plants were no longer hiring like they did in the 1960's, but Detroiters were still making money. Also, Pops Flenory worked for GM, hourly employees were getting some nice profit sharing checks in the 1980's usually between 2K-10K, if the Flenory family home was in danger of being foreclosed, either someone had a habit or mama Flenory didnt know how to balance a checkbook. My late pops (r.i.p) worked for Ford Motor Company for 30 years and he stated that everything that happens on the streets of Detroit also happened inside of the plants.

All Facts

Last edited:

R.B.J1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Detroit