Official BMF Season 1 Thread

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They do. And of course people care about the MKW shyt.

:mjlol: 50 always mad that his shows don’t get recognition, he don’t realize it’s his fault. :yeshrug:

you're really dense if that was the case all the black celeb wouldn't be cosigning Sasha Penn in the comments and quotes.

Daps
you're really dense if that was the case all the black celeb wouldn't be cosigning Sasha Penn in the comments and quotes.

They can co-sign whatever, I’m just saying he’s the reason why these shows aren’t taken seriously by Hollywood :yeshrug: and the MKW shyt is reasons why, beefing with empire is another. When you bring that type of static to other black shows and beloved actors, Hollywood gonna cut you off eventually. On top of that these shows are cookie cutter trash. If it was reviewed they’d be crying that it gets shytted on.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I agree they rushed the pacing like in the first 3 minutes they tried to show how they were poor

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
meh, I'll give it a C+
and the + was for Kash Doll's titties
Curly may have gone to the well one time too many

I agree. I thought the episode was pretty mid. Folks just hopping on the bandwagon like they normally do.

Curtis makes drug dealer series the way marvel makes movies. It's formulaic at this point. Problem is the acting isnt as good as the other series

Last edited:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
oh great, they killed off the best young actor in the flick. :beli:

they should have gave him a different role that would last him the whole season or too.

btw, I never really followed the BMF. I passingly heard about Meech's arrest when it happed in my HS years. But don't really know about his crew and who dies. I don't want to know. I research after the season.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
We wasn’t saying “what up doe” in the 80’s. Were we?

@NormanConnors
@bigrodthe1
@DetroitEWarren @Detroit Wave
Yeah we were. I would say it started being said in about '86
My Detroit authenticity nitpicks (minor spoilers): positive and negative. I did like that I did see one house with the black bars on it. Should have been more (just about everybody in the hood had the black bars on the doors and windows) but that's cool.

Negative. That one scene near the park where you can I 75 in thr background. You can clearly see the Detroit Pistons giant basketball in thr background. In that Detroit/River Rouge area.That wasn't until like the 2010's. I know they tried to blur it out but still.

Negative: When Meech called his sister a snitch. The term is not new. But that felt more natural now then it did back then.

But positive I did like the Boblo Boat reference.
I was like :gladbron: when I saw that. I used to work at the refinery some years back and that park was where I used to go and take naps during my lunch breaks :lolbron:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
oh great, they killed off the best young actor in the flick. :beli:

they should have gave him a different role that would last him the whole season or too.

btw, I never really followed the BMF. I passingly heard about Meech's arrest when it happed in my HS years. But don't really know about his crew and who dies. I don't want to know. I research after the season.

I don't think he's gonna be dead. I mean, they have him listed as a main character in the credits.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
My Detroit authenticity nitpicks (minor spoilers): positive and negative. I did like that I did see one house with the black bars on it. Should have been more (just about everybody in the hood had the black bars on the doors and windows) but that's cool.

Negative. That one scene near the park where you can I 75 in thr background. You can clearly see the Detroit Pistons giant basketball in thr background. In that Detroit/River Rouge area.That wasn't until like the 2010's. I know they tried to blur it out but still.

Negative: When Meech called his sister a snitch. The term is not new. But that felt more natural now then it did back then.

But positive I did like the Boblo Boat reference.

Yeah we were. I would say it started being said in about '86

I was like :gladbron: when I saw that. I used to work at the refinery some years back and that park was where I used to go and take naps during my lunch breaks :lolbron:

do any of ya'll detroit dudes fukk with the local movies they have on amazon, like mcgraw ave, and all the movies with murda pain? I find them highly entertaining btw. and detroit got some bad hoes out there :whew: