Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Green has an interview in the LA Times (@Gentility i told you shyt is out there if you look) and he drops some tidbits of what he’s doing with the movie:

Michael Myers hasn’t evolved as a character in any way, shape or form since 78. He’s the essence of evil

He has no character. He has no personality. He has no interests. He never has. He’s someone that is moving forward and reacting to the world around him, but not with any sort of conscious objective. And how the world around him reacts to his behavior is where our story comes to life.

Los Angeles Times - We are currently unavailable in your region

I don't mean to belabor the point, but that's all bullshyt. Michael has a target and he avoids killing some people to make his pursuit of his target easier. If he had no interests, no personality and no character and never did, he would murder murder murder until he was stopped. He wouldn't slink around his childhood street on a specific night of the year trying to scare the fukk out of his sister.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't mean to belabor the point, but that's all bullshyt. Michael has a target and he avoids killing some people to make his pursuit of his target easier. If he had no interests, no personality and no character and never did, he would murder murder murder until he was stopped. He wouldn't slink around his childhood street on a specific night of the year trying to scare the fukk out of his sister.

Not his sister :youngsabo:
Michael don't kill kids? :ohhh: u sure?

@MartyMcFly come explain, I thought he was a non human shape of pure evil with no sympathy?

For me, that’s got more to do with our sensibilities and what you can and can’t show for American film. Teenagers and adults getting killed? No problem. But kids? That’s a bit much. I mean shyt doesn’t bother me but I know as a society, we feel the same way about killing kids that we do killing animals on film

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Not his sister :youngsabo:

For me, that’s got more to do with our sensibilities and what you can and can’t show for American film. Teenagers and adults getting killed? No problem. But kids? That’s a bit much. I mean shyt doesn’t bother me but I know as a society, we feel the same way about killing kids that we do killing animals on film
There's always a way to show a kid being killed without showing it. Not saying he should kill kids but I'm just looking for some consistency from a non human shape bruh.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's always a way to show a kid being killed without showing it. Not saying he should kill kids but I'm just looking for some consistency from a non human shape bruh.

I don’t think it shows a humanity tho. I think it’s purely standards and practices in America homie lol. There’s more to a movie than just what’s on screen. Carpenter said he wouldn’t have kids being killed after what he did in assault on precinct 13. He felt that was a bit too much so after that he’s strayed away from it. And directors since him have taken slashers to be all about killing teens and anti sex messages. So yeah never thought about it other than those parameters :manny: hit him up on twitter tho he’s actually pretty good about responding to shyt

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I don’t think it shows a humanity tho. I think it’s purely standards and practices in America homie lol. There’s more to a movie than just what’s on screen. Carpenter said he wouldn’t have kids being killed after what he did in assault on precinct 13. He felt that was a bit too much so after that he’s strayed away from it. And directors since him have taken slashers to be all about killing teens and anti sex messages. So yeah never thought about it other than those parameters :manny: hit him up on twitter tho he’s actually pretty good about responding to shyt
I'll do that. Need to know if he's a shape or a human. :francis: lol