Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Meh. It’s cool for a watch but the only one I’m really prescient about is the first. I like Halloween 2 and 3 and H20 but my main issue with every Halloween after number one is the relationship between Michael and Laurie. Making them related and then making the whole series into a soap opera about the Myers family just makes Michael less scary. He becomes less of a random killer and more of a human being with family issues.

It’s like in jaws revenge when they decided for some stupid reason the shark would follow the Brodys to another fukking location and wanted revenge on them. What type of shyt is that?
What you call an infinite brawl eternal souls clashing, war gets deep some beef is ever lasting
tenor.gif

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
For me, I just don’t see the point. Like why do I need to watch you watch something else? And I’ve always wanted someone to explain to me why they like reaction videos or trailer dissection videos

I remember someone telling me to watch a let’s play of a video game and I said “why don’t I just play the game myself?” And there was no answer
The appeal of reaction videos is obvious. People like seeing how other people feel and react to things. If you've ever shown a friend a song or video you've already seen, and of course you have, it's the same idea. The rise in popularity of watching people react to stuff online is just another function of how the internet has brought us closer in a way while also largely replacing actual real-world interaction.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
My money says British documentarian guy survives the movie and ends up becoming the Dr. Loomis character in future sequels. In the trailer it looks like he’s at the garage where Michael probably gets his jumpsuit, just like Loomis in Halloween 4.
Spoilers:
Nope, the trailer gives away that it's his head Myers is bashing against the bathroom stall, if you pause it at the right moment.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The appeal of reaction videos is obvious. People like seeing how other people feel and react to things. If you've ever shown a friend a song or video you've already seen, and of course you have, it's the same idea. The rise in popularity of watching people react to stuff online is just another function of how the internet has brought us closer in a way while also largely replacing actual real-world interaction.

And that’s my issue. Replacing real world shyt. I’d care about my friends reaction to a thing I’m showing them although I don’t need to see it. I don’t care about any of these people doing videos

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I get the comparison that Green and others want to make about Michael being like a shark but I have never bought into it.
He's a natural born killer but it ins't instinctual or anything solely because he doesn't kill indiscriminately and he likes to (for lack of a better term) play with his food.
From the OG movie where he went through the whole ruse with the sheet to the new flick where he terrorizes the documentary lady in the bathroom with the dead guy's teeth...Michael is sadistically using mental torture with his victims instead of just killing them outright.
He's a twisted serial killer but it isn't an instinctual thing, it's something he does for personal enjoyment.

Carpenter says he doesn’t do it for fun. He does it because he’s evil. And that’s why you make the jaws comparison. Not because a shark is evil but because you don’t ask the shark for its motivation. The shark just is. Michael just is. Motivation doesn’t matter, who he used to be doesn’t matter, his history doesn’t matter. It’s why he’s a shape. He’s not a person or a character. He’s a force

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Carpenter says he doesn’t do it for fun. He does it because he’s evil. And that’s why you make the jaws comparison. Not because a shark is evil but because you don’t ask the shark for its motivation. The shark just is. Michael just is. Motivation doesn’t matter, who he used to be doesn’t matter, his history doesn’t matter. It’s why he’s a shape. He’s not a person or a character. He’s a force
That all is cool and I get it but you can't make the comparison to an animal that kills to eat because that is it's primary instinct to survive.
Like Carpenter says, he is evil and that is all that needs to be said. All the other stuff feels like this bizarre need for some fans of the character to make him out to be more than just an evil b*stard.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That all is cool and I get it but you can't make the comparison to an animal that kills to eat because that is it's primary instinct to survive.
Like Carpenter says, he is evil and that is all that needs to be said. All the other stuff feels like this bizarre need for some fans of the character to make him out to be more than just an evil b*stard.

Lol Nolan did the same thing for the joker tho. Compared him to jaws. And when they do that, that’s filmmaker short hand for a person or creature who’s just a force in your movie. They come in they go out and everything changes because of them and their presence is always felt while on screen or off. And you don’t need to know “why” nor will you ever find out. And that’s how I meant it so my bad if I didn’t clarify that. Michael is a force. I don’t care about who Michael is or why Michael is. All that shyt is extra. Felt the same way about the joker in the dark knight. He, like Michael, is a catalyst for danger