Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Meh. It’s cool for a watch but the only one I’m really prescient about is the first. I like Halloween 2 and 3 and H20 but my main issue with every Halloween after number one is the relationship between Michael and Laurie. Making them related and then making the whole series into a soap opera about the Myers family just makes Michael less scary. He becomes less of a random killer and more of a human being with family issues.

It’s like in jaws revenge when they decided for some stupid reason the shark would follow the Brodys to another fukking location and wanted revenge on them. What type of shyt is that?
Jaws The Revenge is such a mess of a movie...the descendant of the OG Jaws follows Mrs Brody from New England to the Bahamas to carry out a family blood feud.:smh:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Michael Caine has a dope ass quote about being in that movie. Says he never saw it but he saw the house it paid for
Miachael Caine has brutally honest quotes about all of the shytty movies he did solely for the cash.
I think he said he did Blame it on Rio because they paid him an ungodly sum of money to basically vacation in Brazil.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nice.

How Well do you know part 4? Is there a version where Van Peebles lives?
Yeah I know u were referencing part 4. I just remember him dying but seeing a version where he had lived. Some Mandela Effect shyt.
:ohhh: Word? I’d say I want to track that down but that movie isn’t even fun to watch

MVP lived in the international cut:

And I love Jaws the Revenge; it's one of my favorite shytty movies.
MVP's horrible accent, the shark following people across the 7 seas to get his revenge, Caine sleepwalking through every scene, the shark roaring like a fukking lion...just unintentional hilarity all around.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
This looks dope :ehh: Some of the visuals in here (the chessboard tile shot in the asylum, the restroom scene, that closing shot) were really well done and fitting of a Halloween film. Aesthetically, I think it looks too similar to the Rob Zombie films. But that could just be a nitpick on my end. Either way I’m into this and I’ll be in the theatres when it drops. Probably avoiding other trailers tho, even seeing some things in this one was off putting because I feel like they would’ve been real :gladbron:moments seeing them for the first time on the big screen

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He is tho. The shape is jaws. He’s just a killer. David Gordon green made the same comparison in his set interviews. He’s a shark who just kills. It’s instinct. He’s not on some personal shyt. He’s pure evil and evil has no conscience or morality. He just wants to kill. And that’s the shark in jaws.
I get the comparison that Green and others want to make about Michael being like a shark but I have never bought into it.
He's a natural born killer but it ins't instinctual or anything solely because he doesn't kill indiscriminately and he likes to (for lack of a better term) play with his food.
From the OG movie where he went through the whole ruse with the sheet to the new flick where he terrorizes the documentary lady in the bathroom with the dead guy's teeth...Michael is sadistically using mental torture with his victims instead of just killing them outright.
He's a twisted serial killer but it isn't an instinctual thing, it's something he does for personal enjoyment.

Gentility

Warrior for the Babies
Supporter
Daps
Jello is right. If Michael is a shark then why’d he hide bodies? Why doesn’t he kill those trick or treaters on the street when they bump him in the new trailer? Why didn’t he kill the mother in the bathroom in H20 when he stole her Jeep? Why didn’t he kill the kid with the boombox who bumped him in Halloween II before he started walking to the hospital? Why didn’t he kill Tommy when he bumped him in the original Halloween after he dropped his pumpkin? Because he knew authorities could be alerted, putting an end to his killing spree. He was always highly selective with victims and avoided scenarios that could result in capture.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
MVP lived in the international cut:

And I love Jaws the Revenge; it's one of my favorite shytty movies.
MVP's horrible accent, the shark following people across the 7 seas to get his revenge, Caine sleepwalking through every scene, the shark roaring like a fukking lion...just unintentional hilarity all around.

I fukkin knew it. :blessed:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I get the comparison that Green and others want to make about Michael being like a shark but I have never bought into it.
He's a natural born killer but it ins't instinctual or anything solely because he doesn't kill indiscriminately and he likes to (for lack of a better term) play with his food.
From the OG movie where he went through the whole ruse with the sheet to the new flick where he terrorizes the documentary lady in the bathroom with the dead guy's teeth...Michael is sadistically using mental torture with his victims instead of just killing them outright.
He's a twisted serial killer but it isn't an instinctual thing, it's something he does for personal enjoyment.
But I thought he was a shape? :patrice: