Official Black Widow Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was decent. Better than Captain Marvel, Iron Man 3 and the first two Thors :manny:

Florence Pugh was the star, I'm happy to see what they'll do with her going forward

I guess it's now safe to assume she's gonna be the villain in the Hawkeye series and will be in the Thunderbolts with John Walker, maybe Abomination and ???

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
This movie was….fine :yeshrug: :francis:

This was clearly a movie just to set up other characters. This was a film that should have came out years ago.

I like how the post credit scene pretty much sets up…
Hawkeye’s Disney+ series

Other then that…it’s a nice addiction to the MCU. They really could have released this last year on Disney+ because I’m sure ALOT of MCU Stans would have paid that $30. Hell they paying for it now…

But other then that..this movie was fine :obama:

I really enjoyed this movie, compared to the other marvel movies it’s better than the first two Thor movies, IM3, capt marvel and the first captain America IMO. Compared to other action movies over the past few years it was really good. Marvel really is making better action movies than everyone else and it’s not even close.

there has been plenty of attempts at the female assassin badass movie and they were all poor to average at best. Shout out to marvel for carrying the action genre on their back the past few year.

and yes there was no reason this movie shouldn’t have came out before infinity war and endgame. They coulda kept one of them ant man movie or captian marvel for this.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
It was decent. Better than Captain Marvel, Iron Man 3 and the first two Thors :manny:

Florence Pugh was the star, I'm happy to see what they'll do with her going forward

I guess it's now safe to assume she's gonna be the villain in the Hawkeye series and will be in the Thunderbolts with John Walker, maybe Abomination and ???
my guess is they do a circular thing where she’s sent to kill Clint just like he was sent to kill Nat, but they end up on the same team. Not sure how much longer Renner is staying in the MCU, though.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The Good: Fun action, loved the dysfunctional family dynamic, Florence Pugh and David Harbour were both highlights who I can’t wait to see back in the MCU.

The Bad: Aside from a few films (Winter Soldier especially), ScarJo always seems bored in this role and sadly this was another of those performances from her.

The Ugly: Both of the villains were terrible with Taskmaster being the most disappointing aspect of this film.

she isn’t bored wtf, she is supposed to be a cold blooded, emotionless assassin, being stoic and not emotional is the whole point. I thought her acting was fine, y’all expect too much from these movies some times

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my guess is they do a circular thing where she’s sent to kill Clint just like he was sent to kill Nat, but they end up on the same team. Not sure how much longer Renner is staying in the MCU, though.

I was under the impression that the Hawkeye show will be his last run and they'll pass the mantle to Kate Bishop

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
This was....meh

And once again marvel takes a perfectly good villian...and ruins it.

Typical marvel movie...nothing more, nothing less.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Movie was solid, I feel this suffers with Holywood not being able to have a Strong Female Lead with a Strong Male lead (both heroes). They had to make ol boy come off like a fool at times to kinda big up the women lol. In the Avenger flicks Black Widow tends to get drown out

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
they gotta end up retconning the BS version of taskmaster

You kinda have to. I mean a lot of villains post Avengers kinda have to be somewhat in the shadows. It’s kinda hard to introduce new characters in a universe that’s spans decades and has already been established.

they had to retcon Wanda’s origins after Disney bought the X-men rights. Just be glad they didn’t kill taskmaster off. Or ghost from ant man and wasp.

I think marvel tries to introduce “characters” be it hero, support or villain, and try to make them last more than one movie.

General Ross is still in the MCU :mindblown:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
why do u care so much about villains when the plot doesn’t require it?
........:gucci:
.....because the heroes need somebody INTERESTING to fight...tf?:dahell:

A hero is only as a good as his villain....

And boy do these villians stink

As interesting and menacing as they tried to make the big bad general.....
He wasnt...he was just some fat ol creep who nobody gonna remember:heh:

Then they take a villain with name recognition
A cool design
A Cool powerset
And they do that with it........

But #MarvelGang tho:ohlawd::mjlol: