Official Black Widow Thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So they are going to have to cast a teenage actress who looks like ScarJo?
Not judging but I honestly am not really curious about the early days of Black Widow as much as I'd be more interested in something like an adaptation of the story where the Russian government tries to replace Natasha with a younger Black Widow in Yelena Belova who is loyal to "Mother Russia".

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Scarlett Johansson Lands $15 Million Payday for Black Widow Movie

That salary equals what Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth earned for playing Captain America and Thor, respectively, in this year’s 'Avengers: Infinity War.'

Stick around the Marvel Cinematic Universe long enough and you’ll start to make real money.

Scarlett Johansson, who has appeared in six movies as Black Widow, is finally landing a $15 million payday for an
upcoming standalone film centered on the Marvel superheroine, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

That salary equals what Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth earned for playing Captain America and Thor, respectively, in this year’s Avengers: Infinity War. Evans and Hemsworth also nabbed that same $15 million payday for Captain America: Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok, respectively, as well as the upcoming fourth Avengersfilm.

Marvel typically doesn’t open up its wallet for first outings – Robert Downey Jr. included as he took home $500,000 for the first Iron Man. Johansson pulled down about a low-seven figure salary for the first Avengers movie in 2012 (compared to Downey’s $50 million) after making her debut in 2010's Iron Man 2. Still, Chadwick Boseman nabbed a seven-figure paycheck to star in Black Panther ($2 million, according to sources, which well tops Downey's first showing). Boseman's salary is expected to go up significantly for a Black Panther sequel. And Brie Larson, whose Oscar win for 2015's Roomfigures into her deals, will be paid some $5 million for next year’s Captain Marvel movie (Larson landed a generous payday, but in exchange signed a seven-picture deal that locks her into multiple franchises.)

While the numbers would be astronomical, even debilitating, for most studios, they make sense when figuring in the appeal of Marvel movies, now 10 years into their cinematic universe. While talent deals add to more than $100 million of Infinity War's budget, it helps business affairs executives sleep easier knowing each Avengersmovie easily crosses the $1 billion worldwide mark, with Infinity War grossing an astounding $2 billion. And Marvel typically allows its actors to share in the upside of a film, including bonuses of up to several million dollars based on the film’s performance.

Multiple knowledgable sources confirmed Johansson's Black Widow pay figure to THR. A Marvel spokesperson, in response to this story, said in a statement: "Marvel Studios disputes the accuracy of these numbers, and as a matter of policy, we never publicly disclose salaries or deal terms."

Ultimately, it appears that Evans, who announced that Avengers 4 will be his last film as Captain America, is leaving while the going is good.

:whoo:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
It’s guaranteed to do more the ant man off Scar jo name alone and ant man wasn’t a flop

When y’all gonna learn the mouse can’t fail ???

Leave it to the coli once again to be dead wrong. I'll make sure to tag everyone once them week 1 numbers it out.

Pay Scar Jo 15 milly and expect a flop brehs.

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Natasha should die in Avengers 4 and then have it revealed she was Skrull all along. Only way I'd anticipate a Black Widow standalone movie that would basically be a prequel.

Im actually curious to see how the non comic book fans of the Marvel movies react to the skrull stuff if they go all in with it in the movies like Secret Invasion and if they'll get annoyed by the twists

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Savage flop in the making, nobody wants this.
That's why people have been talking about this forever, right? A ScarJo action pic will do numbers, just look at how much money wack-ass Lucy made. They'll make sure to put some Winter Soldier type action sequences in this and watch the cash roll in.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
A spy thriller in the vain of Winter Soldier? I don't see how this could fail.