Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I'm kinda purplexed on no one making a thread on the main character being american & not african:sas2:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Just came back home from the cinema. I'm not gonna lie,I expected it to be just another 'MCU movie' but nah :wow: Powerful, Thought-Provoking and Heart pulling.

Killmonger isn't really the villain here, he's just a dude with heart who's NOT afraid to go head-to-head with the elephant in the room. White supremacy. The female warriors killed it! Especially if you know the history of the Dahomey Amazons. That scene where T'Challa went to the ancestral planes to speak with his father almost broke me down. Reminded me of my Pops and the words we have. Not gonna spoil it, but this is a def rewatch. The cast did their thing. MBJ's last line took me,cuh. :mjcry: I felt it
I give it a 9.5/10 (Had to take 0.5 off for the CGI)

I'm definitely going back tomorrow and again on Monday.

I expected to see fools walking around in full African garb and drums but nah, everybody was cool. No talking throughout the movie (outside of a few laughs), alot of applause and general warmness.
You cry ?:lolbron:

Pammy91

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Never you mind....
The acting in this movie was :whew: Everyone did an amazing job. I really liked Killmonger as a villain but I was still rooting for T’Challa. I completely understood where he was coming from though. He also made a few points I low key agreed with :sas2: Shuri was definitely a scene stealer. She makes every scene she’s in better.

The Dora were everything I hoped they would be and more. I’m not sure why but I loved how loyal to the throne Okoye was. It took everything in me to not stand up and cheer during her fight scenes :pachaha:I might have a small crush on Chadwick after this movie. You can just feel T’Challa’s dilemma and his struggle on how to deal with it. This is the most beautiful MCU movie to date. Visually and emotionally.I cried during almost every death but the ones I cried the most :

The Dora Milaje who was fighting Killmonger. She went out like a boss :wow:

T’Challa’s fake death even though I knew he obviously wasn’t going to die in his first movie

Zuri. His hit me the hardest :mjcry:

I’m SO glad Barnes was an after credits thing and he didn’t appear in the movie. All those “he’s going to help Wakanda!!” people probably feel dumb AF now

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Not since the The Dark Knight has a movie had this amount a great villain performances in it.

Usually the multiple villain shyt fails but Killmonger, Klaw, M'Baku :wow::wow:

All those actors were great in the part.

M'Baku wasn't even a villain tho, as opposed to more of a rival.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I've seen sooo many angry cacs online

:ohlawd:I luv it
Trolls Are Posting Fake Claims Of Being Assaulted At Showings Of "Black Panther"
giphy.gif

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I guarantee this movie ages well because it's so thematically rich (without coming off as preachy.)
Ive been thinking about it all day and how it hits hard on so many different themes of Black identity.
I think the scene with Sterling K Brown's character hit me the hardest. (anyone whose seen the movie knows which one it is) I felt that in my chest.
:mjcry: