Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing I loved about this movie was the fact that it was its own movie, yes it still had references to the MCU and Civil War but it wasn’t so caught up in being part of some larger franchise and cinematic universe that it forgot its own central story. I’ve been getting sick of franchise films not being able to stand well enough on their own and instead merely being teasers for spinoffs, sequels etc. This movie works even if you’ve never seen any other MCU film. It has a clear story arc and unique world building. Just refreshing to see that from any kind of movie of this nature let alone a Marvel movie

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thinking about this a lil more deeper and i get why this movie felt like it had less hands on by the exects: this was disney's answer to wonder woman...by that i mean: this was the next 'first' when it came to comic book movies, so disney knew they had to get it right and let the director do his thing, that's why a lot of the 'calling white people out on they shyt' shyt people think normally wouldnt fly, was allowed.......

like @MartyMcFly said: being first is very important cause it holds more weight....while capt marvel will get compared to ww and it will do numbers, people will still look at ww as the film that laid the ground work for female superhero films after it....that will be the same for this film and whatever black superhero films come after it....

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Damn near perfect man.

The visuals :ohlawd:

The music:ahh:

The dancing:banderas:

The clothing :whew:

The CGI :manny:

The one on one fight :yeshrug:

And last but not least, just like how Gal Gadot stole every scene she was in because of her smile and charm. Letitia did that for me in this movie, every scene she was in she stole with her smile and charm.

9 out of 10

Last edited: