Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I remember worrying about all of Black Hollywood getting a part in this movie, thinking they would just flash their faces to get responses. People like Sterling K. Brown, Angela Bassett and Forrest Whitaker. But to my surprise, they all had perfectly sized and important roles. Its amazing how the director was able to get his monies worth with all these great actors.:wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i wasn’t even sure who to root for at the end
:usure:

there is only one answer

tumblr_inline_p0pecfXuzQ1v7c4p5_540.gif

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
They werent playing when they said a lot of stuff had to be chopped...I can only imagine. shyt felt so rushed at times without giving characters and moments time to breathe. Should have been Black Panther I top of the year then Black Panther II at the end or something.

MBJ and Coogler still dont do it for me. Fruitvale, Creed...them two are like perfect at making ok to good movies that SHOULD be great but always lack something to put it over the edge. Aint really liked MBJ since Wallace to tell the truth, lol.

Movie was still good tho and Im just glad to see BP on the big screen finally. Chadwick killed it. All the women were dope as fukk. Man Ape was that nikka, even if his lil "reveal" at the end was predictable.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
The cinematography, the art, the music, the actiing, the blackness :ohlawd:

Lupita :whew:

I'm going to see this movie at least two more times before next week.

When Micahel B Jordan told mama to burn the plants and then proceeded to jack her up like a bully when she disobeyed :picard:

With that being said, what is White Wolf's significance going forward?

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
neither did i

not to mention dude was saving white supremacy with each plane he was shooting down
If there was a villain in this movie it’s the one white dude :russ:

Protected American interest and bodied nikkas in the process. Just like the layman’s white man, passive and only acts to protect his interest. They had to put a CAC like this in the movie to save face with the American public.
Movie was full of if un apologetic blackness :blessed:

shyt is getting at least two more viewing from me. Definitely delivered on the black excellence and rebel undertones. Killmonger gotta be my favorite marvel villain so far, even tho technically he wasn’t a villain at all.

shyt was a goddamn masterpiece :wow:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
My first thoughts are that Kilmonger might be one of the greatest movie characters ever put to film. Michael B Jordan played the hell out of this role. Beautiful. Tragic. Poignant

I can’t even believe Disney let that final line be said in a blockbuster tentpole

I completely forgot this was a Marvel movie
That line is some Oscar shyt.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I need to see this again, preferably around a black audience. It was just so rich in terms of world-building, characterizations, relationships, meta commentary about race, colonialism, isolationism and all that interwoven with a real family and political conflict. Just...WOW. My mind is still trying to process it all. It was just a LOT and it was handled so well. In less capable hands it would have been a mess, but Coogler is like a real visionary. He packed so much into this story but it never felt forced or awkward.

I'd give this a 9.5/10. I feel weird ranking this with other MCU movies because it's so much more than that. Like it didn't feel like a comic book movie to me, so I don't want to compare it to like Winter Soldier because they're two different things. So I won't. Definitely going back this weekend to see it again.