Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Are they pitting men vs. women or just really happy to see positive representation of black women who can kick ass, because those are very different things.

Lupita said it best "Women can be up front without threatening or diminishing the men." They are both capable. The hype from the reactions seems to be from the fact we NEVER see women like this. Even tough Wonder Woman was a good movie the women were only there in the 1st act. Also the women here seem really fleshed out.
Brehs :wow:

Instant classic :blessed:

I’m gonna watch again tomorrow before giving my thoughts in full but off top:

- G.O.A.T marvel soundtrack - found myself getting distracted from the movie sometimes because I just wanted to get up and start dancing in the theatre the music was that good :russ:

- The pacing was phenomenal
- The world building and spectacle :ohlawd:

- The villains :wow:

- Coogler absolutely nailed the emotional moments which I hoped he would

“Stand up....

You are a king :birdman:

:mjcry::sadcam:

Can’t wait to take my brother, sister and mum to see this on Saturday :obama:

We’re going for the billy. fukk what these pussies have to say

Just left the cinema .. Review coming soon :wow:

Bernardin's complaint was dumb as fukk because he complaint actually wasn't even how it went

We clearly see his goals in his arc in the movie

kME1uR2.png

My honest review.

• I have no words for what I have just seen (that's not a bad thing) and it is still sinking in.
  • Well Written and excellent piecing.
  • Great Action scenes. How Busan was shot:wow:
  • When they say "You have seen nothing like this!" YOU HAVE SEEN NOTHING LIKE THIS!
  • Feels like a modern day Priest story line and he let Hudlin and Coates co write and let Stelfrezze do the drawing. That is clearly the inspiration.
  • The film is faultless.
W'Kabi :pacspit:
The Okoye, Nakia exchange after Killmonger becomes king :wow:
Zuri:mjcry:

That Killmonger line
giphy.gif

Okoye risking her life for M'Baku
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Man I hate the fact other known black critics or celebs aren't calling out Bernardin. Alt Right cacs are using his review as proof the movie and character are overhyped, smh

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Are they pitting men vs. women or just really happy to see positive representation of black women who can kick ass, because those are very different things.
The black reviewers praised both in terms of importance, but the non black reviewers keep trying to make the comparison to Wonder Woman. I've said before that this movie is more important for sistas than Wonder Woman was.

Last edited:

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Just got back from a screening (London) and man this film was a surreal experience. Don’t wanna spoil anything but it’s easily the best, most emotional and surprisingly the funniest marvel film I’ve seen. Btw I couldn’t get over just how fine Lupita was, every scene with her had me like :wow:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Just got back from a screening (London) and man this film was a surreal experience. Don’t wanna spoil anything but it’s easily the best, most emotional and surprisingly the funniest marvel film I’ve seen. Btw I couldn’t get over just how fine Lupita was, every scene with her had me like :wow:
Had me wanting to go to Africa and find me sumn :wow:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I hate the fact other known black critics or celebs aren't calling out Bernardin. Alt Right cacs are using his review as proof the movie and character are overhyped, smh

Why would they call him out? His opinion was..strange..but I don't think it was that serious to warrant a reaction like that. I definitely don't see why the Alt-right would use that review as proof of anything. Bernardin still really liked the film overall all things considered. You think they would latch on to the actually negative Australian/Irish reviews and not one that's mostly positive but with some reservations.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Lupita said it best "Women can be up front without threatening or diminishing the men." They are both capable. The hype from the reactions seems to be from the fact we NEVER see women like this. Even tough Wonder Woman was a good movie the women were only there in the 1st act. Also the women here seem really fleshed out.

giphy.gif

You talking about that Token that hangs around Kevin Smith?

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
As a black delegation, My overall score for the film was a perfect 10/10
LqUcDl2.png

Now... for the REAL review

-MY REVIEW-

Story Wise: 8/10
Acting: 7.5/10
Action: 7/10
Accent: 6.5/10
CGI: 6/10
Jokes: 8/10

Overall: 7.5/10

*In-Depth Review*

The film opens up EXACTLY like Wonder Woman :mjpls: a 3D rendition narration about the past and the Kings, vibranium, Bast and past Panthers, it was cool but yeaaah. Dianna Prince out here influencing Wakanda :mjlol:

*Story*

Pros:

*Visually it was BEAUTIFUL seeing an advanced African nation brought to life, the music and attire almost brought tears to my eyes
*Erics arc stood out to me the most, you could feel his pain and his reasons didnt actually make him a villain cause technically he had a RIGHT to the throne and his hatred was validated from what happened in the past
*The Dora Milaje's were FUCCIN AWESOME.. MY GAWWWWD they were fierce and a force to be reckoned with, Okoye held the fuccin shyt DOWN !!! she was on point from start to finish, Ayo didnt get much role to play but she was dope when she was on screen.
*Klaue and Ross didnt take any shine from the flick, they played their role well and Klaue was a very good advancing plot to the film, loved his accent
*The ancestral plane was beautiful to look at, seeing the panther transform into his dad and give him words of wisdom was beautiful
*The first and second ritual fight scenes were WOW... JUST WOW, Killmonger throwing T'Challa off the cliff was right from the comics, i loved it (he beat the fucc outta T'Challa yo looooool), and physically he was actually bigger, like damn my man bulked up nicely
*Ooooo, in the Royal court when Eric was brought in and they were questioning him, one of the court dude asks him who he was cause they didnt believe who he said he was... my gawwwwd the whole place went silent when he shouted out his family lineage in the zhosa language, i got chills maaaan, that was NICE !!!!
*Erics theme song was one of my highlights all throughout, it felt menacing
*M'Baku and his Jabari tribe were so dopeeeee, the noises they made loool and they were all huge like damn, these dudes could've been gorilla sizes lol
*Erics whole speech about black people and colonisers :wow:
*There were a LOT of racial undertones and everyone of them HIT HOME, from the Korean woman calling black people trouble, to M'Jobu saying Wakanda will view his son as lost, to T'Challa saying Wakanda doesn't need to help other black people outside the borders :wow: :to:
*Erics speech and the emotions after beating T'Challa's ass :wow:
*T'CHALLA's RETURN
10b6170cdd0ba971dcf0a82aae4b3c4c.png

Cons:

*T'Challa was outshined in his own film, i didnt like it
*The CGI was fuccin appalling, in the 3rd act it looked like a PS2 game, im not even hating but even throughout the movie, the cgi was VERY telling
*Ramonda was just THERE, she didnt feel like a Queen mother from the comic who was always advising and keeping her son in line.
*W'kabi's arc wasn't really closed upon properly, mans was loyal and was hoping T'Challa killed Klaue cause K killed his fam, T'Challa didnt and when Eric did he switched sides mad easily, then during the mini internal beef we dont get told what happens to him
*Action scenes could've been FAR better, the first action scene in Nigeria happend in the dark and all we saw was quick cuts, then in all the other fight scenes it looked like they were pulling punches, basically there wasn't any Winter Soldier bridge level action and the DAMN WAS NOT any BvS warehouse scene type action, if this was mean to be the Marvel Batman-esque character, this film didnt do him any justice at all

*Technology*

Pros:

*The communication beads
*The scarf shields :wow: fuccin :wow:
*The tear away suit tech
*The wifi remote tech controlling any vehicle :wow:
*The anti gravity vibranium trains
*Invinsible jet

Cons:

*The vibranium plated rhino armour looked :scust:
*The flat pad transforming into a sneaker :scust:
*The 3rd act fight :scust: :scust: :scust:
*portable hologram tv

*Jokes*

Pros:

*EVERY M'Baku joke was FUNNY AF !!! ''yawwwn, are you done ???, are you done ??'' ''i'll feed you to my children :birdman: , juss playing we're vegetarians :mjlol: ''
*Okoye saying the wig was uncomfortable and it was a disgrace for a woman not to wear her natural hair
*Eric telling the curator ''the way you people stole it :mjpls: ''

Cons:

*Shuri had some TERRIBLE jokes :scust: ''what are thoseeeeeeeeee'' ''i call them sneakers, because you know....'' :scust:

Character Highlights: The characters who SHONE bright throughout the film in order:

1. OKOYE !!!!!!
2. Eric Killmonger
3. M'Baku
4. T'Challa
5. Bucky :troll:

Overall:

Its a good watching EXPERIENCE..

and all the critics saying it breaks the mould of marvel films, ermmm DUHHH. Its dealing with Africa, which has culture and pain and depth and history, something you damn unseasoned craccas dont, so of course you'll think so, I however didnt think it broke any mould.. it was superior in Depth and story telling, but was lacking in some parts..

LINE OF THE YEAR: ''My people were smart enough to know jumping off the boats was better than being locked in bondage'' TEAR JERKER !!! WOW
FVg1uCQ.gif

7.5/10

My New Updated Marvel Top 5:

1. Winter Soldier
2. Black Panther
3. {Reserved for INFINITY WAR}
4. Iron Man 1
5. Avengers 1

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a black delegation, My overall score for the film was a perfect 10/10
LqUcDl2.png

Now... for the REAL review

-MY REVIEW-

Story Wise: 8/10
Acting: 7.5/10
Action: 7/10
Accent: 6.5/10
CGI: 6/10
Jokes: 8/10

Overall: 7.5/10

*In-Depth Review*

The film opens up EXACTLY like Wonder Woman :mjpls: a 3D rendition narration about the past and the Kings, vibranium, Bast and past Panthers, it was cool but yeaaah. Dianna Prince out here influencing Wakanda :mjlol:

*Story*

Pros:

*Visually it was BEAUTIFUL seeing an advanced African nation brought to life, the music and attire almost brought tears to my eyes
*Erics arc stood out to me the most, you could feel his pain and his reasons didnt actually make him a villain cause technically he had a RIGHT to the throne and his hatred was validated from what happened in the past
*The Dora Milaje's were FUCCIN AWESOME.. MY GAWWWWD they were fierce and a force to be reckoned with, Okoye held the fuccin shyt DOWN !!! she was on point from start to finish, Ayo didnt get much role to play but she was dope when she was on screen.
*Klaue and Ross didnt take any shine from the flick, they played their role well and Klaue was a very good advancing plot to the film, loved his accent
*The ancestral plane was beautiful to look at, seeing the panther transform into his dad and give him words of wisdom was beautiful
*The first and second ritual fight scenes were WOW... JUST WOW, Killmonger throwing T'Challa off the cliff was right from the comics, i loved it (he beat the fucc outta T'Challa yo looooool), and physically he was actually bigger, like damn my man bulked up nicely
*Ooooo, in the Royal court when Eric was brought in and they were questioning him, one of the court dude asks him who he was cause they didnt believe who he said he was... my gawwwwd the whole place went silent when he shouted out his family lineage in the zhosa language, i got chills maaaan, that was NICE !!!!
*Erics theme song was one of my highlights all throughout, it felt menacing
*M'Baku and his Jabari tribe were so dopeeeee, the noises they made loool and they were all huge like damn, these dudes could've been gorilla sizes lol
*Erics whole speech about black people and colonisers :wow:
*There were a LOT of racial undertones and everyone of them HIT HOME, from the Korean woman calling black people trouble, to M'Jobu saying Wakanda will view his son as lost, to T'Challa saying Wakanda doesn't need to help other black people outside the borders :wow: :to:

Cons:

*T'Challa was outshined in his own film, i didnt like it
*The CGI was fuccin appalling, in the 3rd act it looked like a PS2 game, im not even hating but even throughout the movie, the cgi was VERY telling
*Ramonda was just THERE, she didnt feel like a Queen mother from the comic who was always advising and keeping her son in line.
*W'kabi's arc wasn't really closed upon properly, mans was loyal and was hoping T'Challa killed Klaue cause K killed his fam, T'Challa didnt and when Eric did he switched sides mad easily, then during the mini internal beef we dont get told what happens to him
*Action scenes could've been FAR better, the first action scene in Nigeria happend in the dark and all we saw was quick cuts, then in all the other fight scenes it looked like they were pulling punches, basically there wasn't any Winter Soldier bridge level action and the DAMN WAS NOT any BvS warehouse scene type action, if this was mean to be the Marvel Batman-esque character, this film didnt do him any justice at all

*Technology*

Pros:

*The communication beads
*The scarf shields :wow: fuccin :wow:
*The tear away suit tech
*The wifi remote tech controlling any vehicle :wow:
*The anti gravity vibranium trains
*Invinsible jet

Cons:

*The vibranium plated rhino armour looked :scust:
*The flat pad transforming into a sneaker :scust:
*The 3rd act fight :scust: :scust: :scust:
*portable hologram tv

*Jokes*

Pros:

*EVERY M'Baku joke was FUNNY AF !!! ''yawwwn, are you done ???, are you done ??'' ''i'll feed you to my children :birdman: , juss playing we're vegetarians :mjlol: ''
*Okoye saying the wig was uncomfortable and it was a disgrace for a woman not to wear her natural hair
*Eric telling the curator ''the way you people stole it :mjpls: ''

Cons:

*Shuri had some TERRIBLE jokes :scust: ''what are thoseeeeeeeeee'' ''i call them sneakers, because you know....'' :scust:

Character Highlights: The characters who SHONE bright throughout the film in order:

1. OKOYE !!!!!!
2. Eric Killmonger
3. M'Baku
4. T'Challa
5. Bucky :troll:

Overall:

Its a good watching EXPERIENCE..

and all the critics saying it breaks the mould of marvel films, ermmm DUHHH. Its dealing with Africa, which has culture and pain and depth and history, something you damn unseasoned craccas dont, so of course you'll think so, I however didnt think it broke any mould.. it was superior in Depth and story telling, but was lacking in some parts..

7.5/10

How would you rate it against the other comic book movie this year?:patrice:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Why would they call him out? His opinion was..strange..but I don't think it was that serious to warrant a reaction like that. I definitely don't see why the Alt-right would use that review as proof of anything. Bernardin still really liked the film overall all things considered. You think they would latch on to the actually negative Australian/Irish reviews and not one that's mostly positive but with some reservations.

Yea that’s how I feel about this, as much as I’d love every review to be a flawless positive review.

As a black person, I don’t and wouldn’t wanna come off weak responding to and crying about ever few bad review it get. Cuz then it comes off as we are whining and bytching. And we start to get looked at funny.

Can’t give that any energy back and it don’t make us look weak to no sell the bullshyt as long as the bullshyt ain’t excessive and don’t get out of hand

Martha