Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I will say though, there was absolutely no c00nery whatsoever in this movie. All the black characters were able to hold their own without the need of a white savior, and the supoorting white characters were just that, supporting. They weren't super important, and they weren't a huge part of the story overall, but they had their roles to play.

I also really thought that Killmonger was a well-written villain that you can really connect to, in terms of his motivations as to why he does what he does, and I think the audience may even side with his way of thinking... Even if the actions in themselves may not be the correct choice.

The action scenes were incredible, and I don't recall a single moment where I felt the movie lulled. Excellent pacing, right from the beginning, you get a backstory of Wakanda for about two minutes that sums everything up excellently, and then brings you right into the plot.

The soundtrack from what I heard was really dope too, you'll hear two instances of Kendrick in the background at some parts, and there's a scene where you can hear The Weeknd echo throughout the area, but both songs fit the vibe well.

All in all man, I thought it was amazing. If this movie doesn't win anything at the Oscars, I'm gonna be upset. The acting was incredible. Chadwick Boseman did his thing, same with Lupita, Angela, everybody. Everyone involved deserves their credit, cause you can tell, this movie was made to make a statement, and it really delivered.

I knew Coogler would deliver. He’s 2/2 so far with Fruitvale and Creed.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Nah. They skipping that but give fukkin Ant-Man his. It’s like I said way back in this thread, every movie Marvel has dropped usually has a big ass merchandise push. Haven’t seen much of shyt for this one
ive probably seen the biggest push merchandise wise for BP :BlackPantherUmad:

They been going hard

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Nah. They skipping that but give fukkin Ant-Man his. It’s like I said way back in this thread, every movie Marvel has dropped usually has a big ass merchandise push. Haven’t seen much of shyt for this one
There's tons of merchandise for this flick! :what: A bunch of toys and shirts all over Walmart and Target. The commercial promoting the movie shows up multiple times a day. The actors even appear in a Lexus commercial.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
There's tons of merchandise for this flick! :what: A bunch of toys and shirts all over Walmart and Target. The commercial promoting the movie shows up multiple times a day. The actors even appear in a Lexus commercial.
Again, must only be bum ass Augusta cause I don’t see anything. I’m not talking commercials. I’m talking more tees, he’ll BP masks selling at Hot Topic or Spencer’s or somewhere they usually sell the stuff out of

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Again, must only be bum ass Augusta cause I don’t see anything. I’m not talking commercials. I’m talking more tees, he’ll BP masks selling at Hot Topic or Spencer’s or somewhere they usually sell the stuff out of
Yeah it's probably where you live. Walmart and other stores has a bunch of merchandise. I see toys, masks, t-shirts, posters, etc for the film.

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
Just went to toys r us with my kids today and they had an 8ft black panther section-action figures small to large,various role play masks,claws,costume, kids books, plush

Dr strange and Antman did not get that merchandise push:ufdup:

blalienz

#AGP #HGC
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
:russ:I wonder how Anthony Mackie feels about this? I was reading this screenrant article on Falcon. Wassup? My dude couldn't pull off the accent :mjcry:
speaking of Falcon since im not a Marvel comichead can anybody tell me what his skillset/abilities are in the comics compared to black widow?
im just askin cause I be noticing some shyt in the movies:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
speaking of Falcon since im not a Marvel comichead can anybody tell me what his skillset/abilities are in the comics compared to black widow?
im just askin cause I be noticing some shyt in the movies:mjpls:

In the comics he can actually communicate with birds and control them.

Say for instance The Avengers needed to know what Baron Strucker was up to in Jersey and Thier in Manhattan. Falcon could sending his bird Redwing to fly to Jersey and Falcon can see everything that Redwing can. Making him the perfect spy.

Falcon also has a pair of Vibranium Wings. Fashioned for him by none other than Black Panther.

He’s also in a relationship with Misty Knight:takedat:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also why doesn't Coogler get credit for subverting the typical "Flawed Black man" trope :comeon:

Situations can be tough and how they react to them can be tough. But its good to see someone not deeply troubled in the lead.

Wasn't Perlmutter still in charge on Marvel when they reached out? They also did Edgar Wright dirty and had a Writers committee back then. :hhh:

Marvel Shake-Up: Film Chief Kevin Feige Breaks Free of CEO Ike Perlmutter (Exclusive)

Good thing they got rid of dude before Coogler signed because we would not be getting the same caliber of film :whew:

As far as Ava I think she just got fixated on having/making a black girl be a hero of a story and thats about it...

She didn't know the source material that well. I hope it works out, but I'm sure there was something else she could have chosen.

Yep and that is one of the biggest issues with these directors. Remember when the first trilogy of spidermans came out. The director said man fukk peter parker making web material. I think his body should just develop it because it isn't realistic that a teenager could make web material...:snoop:

Then you have that ignorant hack michael bey saying how can transformer robots be humanoid shape. They should look like animals instead and so star scream looks and moves like a monkey in the god forsaken movies...:snoop:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the comics he can actually communicate with birds and control them.

Say for instance The Avengers needed to know what Baron Strucker was up to in Jersey and Thier in Manhattan. Falcon could sending his bird Redwing to fly to Jersey and Falcon can see everything that Redwing can. Making him the perfect spy.

Falcon also has a pair of Vibranium Wings. Fashioned for him by none other than Black Panther.

He’s also in a relationship with Misty Knight:takedat:

Falcoln with misty fine ass....:wow: