lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Is this a origin story movie ?
Was civil war a origin story for black panther or he just popped up?

Only marvel movie i seen was Logan and gotg

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Is this a origin story movie ?
Was civil war a origin story for black panther or he just popped up?

Only marvel movie i seen was Logan and gotg
Nah. They skipping that but give fukkin Ant-Man his. It’s like I said way back in this thread, every movie Marvel has dropped usually has a big ass merchandise push. Haven’t seen much of shyt for this one

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Merchandise as in what? Toys n stuff? Cuz there's a lot of those.There's even it's own personal album. I think the only other album for a marvel movie has been GOTG but that's just old hits.

Not to mention two different shoes and all sorts of other apparel. If you don't see the marketing that Marvel been pumping for this joint, then you either just not looking or got your eyes closed or something.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Not to mention two different shoes and all sorts of other apparel. If you don't see the marketing that Marvel been pumping for this joint, then you either just not looking or got your eyes closed or something.

He just trying to find an angle to say sime salty shyt bout the movie

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
wm6t7dcmzdf01.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Seeing as they used priest's run as an inspiration I'm not sure why this is a complaint.

He's been like that since Priest till Coates
Also why doesn't Coogler get credit for subverting the typical "Flawed Black man" trope :comeon:

Situations can be tough and how they react to them can be tough. But its good to see someone not deeply troubled in the lead.
Real talk I think she just viewed the film wasn't worth it and thought she could do something bigger for her career.

She just overlooked how big these marvel movies are and how much this shyt builds careers.

Oh well her loss. I also have my theories with her connections to Oprah, but I will leave that alone for now.

But this shyt could possibly go down like the portland trailblazers drafting Sam Bowie over MJ.
Wasn't Perlmutter still in charge on Marvel when they reached out? They also did Edgar Wright dirty and had a Writers committee back then. :hhh:

Marvel Shake-Up: Film Chief Kevin Feige Breaks Free of CEO Ike Perlmutter (Exclusive)

Good thing they got rid of dude before Coogler signed because we would not be getting the same caliber of film :whew:

As far as Ava I think she just got fixated on having/making a black girl be a hero of a story and thats about it...

She didn't know the source material that well. I hope it works out, but I'm sure there was something else she could have chosen.

Last edited:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
:russ:I wonder how Anthony Mackie feels about this? I was reading this screenrant article on Falcon. Wassup? My dude couldn't pull off the accent :mjcry:

Years before he officially became the Falcon, Anthony Mackie was begging to be a part of the MCU and campaigning for Black Panther to join the pantheon of Marvel Studios superheroes. “I had been contacting Marvel for a few years, asking about Black Panther and trying to see if there was any way I could be part of the Marvel Universe in any capacity,” Mackie said in an interview with Vulture. After about five years of lobbying, Mackie booked a meeting with Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo and signed up to play a part he knew nothing about. The rest, as they say, is Marvel history.

Even though Mackie didn’t end up playing the Black Panther, maybe those years of harassment pushed Marvel in the right direction. With the Black Panther movie on the horizon, now all we need is the Falcon spin-off movie we so rightly deserve.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Kinda funny because I think the only actors taller then black panther are Loki and star Lord :mjlol:

That sad cac had an issue, but it ain't mine :hubie:

I’ve never seen another heterosexual male so obsessed with another man’s physique...or maybe he isn’t hetero...I told him he can research Black Panther shirtless if he wants to do comparison picks with the other superheroes :dame:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
:russ:I wonder how Anthony Mackie feels about this? I was reading this screenrant article on Falcon. Wassup? My dude couldn't pull off the accent :mjcry:
They need to go deep with falcon storyline. They acting like CA: winter solider didnt set him to be somebody with important ties

Who give him the wings