Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

giphy.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Would y'all spend the $6.95 shipping on this "free" poster from Fandango?

black_panther_poster_jm.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Reading all of these glowing reviews and seeing the critics giving Marvel props for allowing Coogler to add a dimension of uniqueness and authenticity to the story has me wondering why Ava Duvernay passed on it initially and what her pitch to the studio was.

She played herself because that Wrinkle in Time shyt looks suspect.
Ryan Coogler doing this movie was just meant to be so I'm glad.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
She played herself because that Wrinkle in Time shyt looks suspect.
Ryan Coogler doing this movie was just meant to be so I'm glad.

I’m not gonna shyt on her for making a $100 Million dollar budgeted movie starring a young black girl. I’m rooting for her.

I just want to know what her caveat was for passing on Panther. At the very beginning of the directing and casting rumors almost two years ago some of us were theorizing that maybe she wanted to go the Afro-Futuristic route and Feige was like :camby:

But now having seen that’s EXACTLY what Coogler did, that clearly wasn’t the case

Code

Banned
Daps
I’m not gonna shyt on her for making a $100 Million dollar budgeted movie starring a young black girl. I’m rooting for her.

I just want to know what her caveat was for passing on Panther. At the very beginning of the directing and casting rumors almost two years ago some of us were theorizing that maybe she wanted to go the Afro-Futuristic route and Feige was like :camby:

But now having seen that’s EXACTLY what Coogler did, that clearly wasn’t the case

Even if that was the reason society itself has changed alot recently so maybe they think the country is more ready for it now?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Even if that was the reason society itself has changed alot recently so maybe they think the country is more ready for it now?

It still obviously wasn't the case, since Coogler got signed like immediately after she passed on it, lol. If anything, maybe...just maybe Marvel had a bit more faith in Coogler than Ava. I'd figure since how unanimous they seemed towards wanting him after seeing Creed (many have stated as such in interviews as of recently) that maybe the figured he'd be better for handling the action, whilst still handling the drama just as well due to how that movie was handled.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Reading all of these glowing reviews and seeing the critics giving Marvel props for allowing Coogler to add a dimension of uniqueness and authenticity to the story has me wondering why Ava Duvernay passed on it initially and what her pitch to the studio was.

I've been thinking the same thing