Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
There's a textless one here

GmhTtGB.jpg
:whoo: repped.

Marc Bernardin with the 3.5/5 :hhh:
BLACK PANTHER Gets So Much Right, and One Crucial Thing Wrong (Review) | Nerdist

He had problems with T'Challa.

@Ziggiy I'm not reading breh. Tell me if it adds up since you don't mind spoilers.

fukk it I read it.

Here is his problem....mild spoilers
In fact, every character’s wants and needs are clearly defined, with one exception: T’Challa’s. When the film opens, he wants to be king. Ten minutes and one ceremonial duel with rival tribe-leader M’Baku (Winston Duke) later, he’s king. After that, he wants to maintain the status quo: Preserve the Wakandan way of life. But the status quo, by definition, is static, and stasis isn’t drama. His romance with Nakia never exceeds nascence; by the time the film ends, you might’ve forgotten they had ever been “a thing.” For too much of Black Panther, the Black Panther has everything he wants.

On top of this, he also is almost entirely devoid of flaws. He’s a deadly martial artist, a stalwart friend, well-educated, even-tempered, quick to smile, and, despite all that, he’s humble. Flaws are the grooves, the nocks that add depth. Perfection in fiction, unlike in life, can be boring. I mean, even Indiana Jones was afraid of snakes.

:what:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Marc Bernardin with the 3.5/5 :hhh:
BLACK PANTHER Gets So Much Right, and One Crucial Thing Wrong (Review) | Nerdist

He had problems with T'Challa.

@Ziggiy I'm not reading breh. Tell me if it adds up since you don't mind spoilers.

fukk it I read it.

Here is his problem....mild spoilers
In fact, every character’s wants and needs are clearly defined, with one exception: T’Challa’s. When the film opens, he wants to be king. Ten minutes and one ceremonial duel with rival tribe-leader M’Baku (Winston Duke) later, he’s king. After that, he wants to maintain the status quo: Preserve the Wakandan way of life. But the status quo, by definition, is static, and stasis isn’t drama. His romance with Nakia never exceeds nascence; by the time the film ends, you might’ve forgotten they had ever been “a thing.” For too much of Black Panther, the Black Panther has everything he wants.

On top of this, he also is almost entirely devoid of flaws. He’s a deadly martial artist, a stalwart friend, well-educated, even-tempered, quick to smile, and, despite all that, he’s humble. Flaws are the grooves, the nocks that add depth. Perfection in fiction, unlike in life, can be boring. I mean, even Indiana Jones was afraid of snakes.

Did he had the same opinion on the non acting Zionist in Wonder Woman

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Because what you call being "gassed up" is actually turning out to be it's a bonafide success but you're still in here talking about :lupe: "the review scores will go down". So yeah....it seems like you're waiting for it to fail.

I'm honestly confused. I could understand being skeptical 2 months ago. A month ago. But you've been on that shyt no matter how positive the news surrounding the movie is. Constantly. Literally for months. At what point will you accept it's a commercial and critical success? What do you get out of constantly being skeptical and negative? The shyt is mind boggling to me.

Fred.
We are entering unprecedented territory, guess i have little faith in cacs:ld:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If the person you were quoting was specifically talking about the Emmys why the fukk would they assume you mean the Globes?

Actually fukk all that....I said "nevermind" because I'm not trying to derail the thread but since you wanna press the issue you been hating on this movie hard as fukk for a while. I won't go as far as to say you want it to fail but I don't recall you being this overly skeptical/negative about anything prior to this.

People post positive early reviews on Twitter:

Fans name "Black Panther" as one of the most anticipated movies of 2018:

People say the early box office reports are exceptionally well:

People post positive reviews from critics:

And that's not even getting into you criticizing other shyt like the casting.

It's like....god damn man. Did Chadwick Boseman fukk your girl or something? This is why I asked why you're assuming the RT or MC or whatever the fukk you were talking about score, would go down. You've wanted to assume the worst about this movie at literally every available opportunity. It's weird as fukk. At some point you need to relax and be ok with it being a success.

Fred.
:whewbp:kept the receipts on that nikka

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Movie looks like it will smash some box office records. Should be amusing to see the Donald Trump crowd resort to their troll tactics because this movie has everything theyre hateful and insecure about: empowered, charismatic, intelligent and dignified Black people.

The militant, crabby and "traditionalist" Negroes heaping scorn on the movie or trying to police other Black peoples level of enthusiasm towards it should ask themselves why they have common cause with the alt-right on this matter.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Movie looks like it will smash some box office records. Should be amusing to see the Donald Trump crowd resort to their troll tactics because this movie has everything theyre hateful and insecure about: empowered, charismatic, intelligent and dignified Black people.

The militant, crabby and "traditionalist" Negroes heaping scorn on the movie or trying to police other Black peoples level of enthusiasm towards it should ask themselves why they have common cause with the alt-right on this matter.
Seems like they don't heap this much scorn on other marvel movies.I mean :dwillhuh:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
USA TODAY – 4/4
BBC – 4/5
IGN – 9.0
Guardian – 4/5
Uproxx – Fresh
Polygon – Fresh
Variety – Fresh
Gamesradar – 4/5
Nerdist – 3.5/5
EW – A-
Fox News – Fresh
Hollywood Reporter – Fresh
Rolling Stone 4/4
Extra Beurre – Fresh
Empire 4/5
The Verge – Fresh
Forbes – Fresh
Screen Crush - 8/10
News One - Fresh
Gamespot - Fresh
BET.com – A
:jawalrus:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
didn't they have the cure for cancer and not give it out? :pachaha:

lol that's nothing. T'Chaka and the previous BPs straight up told T'Challa that if the universe has to burn for Wakanda to survive, you let that shyt burn. :merchant:

Low key, the world is very lucky that T'Challa is in power. Despite all his great skills and intelligence, he's genuinely a nice guy, a very good diplomat, and has limits to his ruthlessness. The other rulers (before and after him) have much less empathy for outsiders.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
after credits scene 1
The first scene serves as an epilogue of sorts for Black Panther as T'Challa arrives at the UN and makes it clear to the world that Wakanda is going to come out of hiding and finally start sharing its advanced technology with the world. Why? Well, the King simply wants to make the Earth a better place!

That's pretty much it but it could be a sign we're about to get a Marvel Cinematic Universe which is more fantastical in nature, especially considering the fact Wakanda looks almost alien. So, while this might not be overly exciting, you'll be very glad to know that the second scene is a bigger tease...

after credits scene 2
Here's where Avengers: Infinity War comes into play. In a small Wakandan village, the camera pans to a hut where a group of kids are playing before Shuri appears and tells them to leave the man inside alone. They run out and it's then that we learn T'Challa's sister has come to visit a now awake Bucky.

Walking out of the hut, we see he only has one arm before Shuri asks how he is and he explains he's feeling much better now (as she's helped remove HYDRA's programming). She then says there's a lot more to learn - a reference to Thanos' arrival, perhaps? - and the two then walk into the distance.