Daps
My new phone lockscreen wallpaper. :whew:

4fnl8fS.jpg
There's a textless one here

GmhTtGB.jpg

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So why would you quote someone asking about Metacritic, if you were talking about RT?
its like saying the Emmys is on septemder and it celebrates both tv and film. And someone says no, just TV. And i am like "oh perhaps i meant golden globes then" its not complex

You know what, never mind. It's not that serious.

Fred.
the fuk you ask then:why:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Marc Bernardin with the 3.5/5 :hhh:
BLACK PANTHER Gets So Much Right, and One Crucial Thing Wrong (Review) | Nerdist

He had problems with T'Challa.

@Ziggiy I'm not reading breh. Tell me if it adds up since you don't mind spoilers.

fukk it I read it.

Here is his problem....mild spoilers
In fact, every character’s wants and needs are clearly defined, with one exception: T’Challa’s. When the film opens, he wants to be king. Ten minutes and one ceremonial duel with rival tribe-leader M’Baku (Winston Duke) later, he’s king. After that, he wants to maintain the status quo: Preserve the Wakandan way of life. But the status quo, by definition, is static, and stasis isn’t drama. His romance with Nakia never exceeds nascence; by the time the film ends, you might’ve forgotten they had ever been “a thing.” For too much of Black Panther, the Black Panther has everything he wants.

On top of this, he also is almost entirely devoid of flaws. He’s a deadly martial artist, a stalwart friend, well-educated, even-tempered, quick to smile, and, despite all that, he’s humble. Flaws are the grooves, the nocks that add depth. Perfection in fiction, unlike in life, can be boring. I mean, even Indiana Jones was afraid of snakes.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
its like saying the Emmys is on septemder and it celebrates both tv and film. And someone says no, just TV. And i am like "oh perhaps i meant golden globes then" its not complex

the fuk you ask then:why:

If the person you were quoting was specifically talking about the Emmys why the fukk would they assume you mean the Globes?

Actually fukk all that....I said "nevermind" because I'm not trying to derail the thread but since you wanna press the issue you been hating on this movie hard as fukk for a while. I won't go as far as to say you want it to fail but I don't recall you being this overly skeptical/negative about anything prior to this.

People post positive early reviews on Twitter:
based on reviews on twitter?:heh: you clowns seem to have learnt nothing from BvS, JL and TLJ

Fans name "Black Panther" as one of the most anticipated movies of 2018:

Is that how you see it, i think its being put on all these most anticipated lists so if it doesnt reach even a fraction of those expectations these same sheep in wolves clothing will pounce.

We already see glimpses with the lukewarm reaction to the 2nd trailer.

People say the early box office reports are exceptionally well:

How are they able to report numbers like that like 2-3 weeks out? I am telling y'all they setting this thing up to under deliver real good...

People post positive reviews from critics:

It can only decrease from here so no

And that's not even getting into you criticizing other shyt like the casting.

It's like....god damn man. Did Chadwick Boseman fukk your girl or something? This is why I asked why you're assuming the RT or MC or whatever the fukk you were talking about score, would go down. You've wanted to assume the worst about this movie at literally every available opportunity. It's weird as fukk. At some point you need to relax and be ok with it being a success.

Fred.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
If the person you were quoting was specifically talking about the Emmys why the fukk would they assume you mean the Globes?

Actually fukk all that....I said "nevermind" because I'm not trying to derail the thread but since you wanna press the issue you been hating on this movie hard as fukk for a while. I won't go as far as to say you want it to fail but I don't recall you being this overly skeptical/negative about anything prior to this.

People post positive early reviews on Twitter:

Fans name "Black Panther" as one of the most anticipated movies of 2018:

People say the early box office reports are exceptionally well:

People post positive reviews from critics:

And that's not even getting into you criticizing other shyt like the casting.

It's like....god damn man. Did Chadwick Boseman fukk your girl or something? This is why I asked why you're assuming the RT or MC or whatever the fukk you were talking about score, would go down. You've wanted to assume the worst about this movie at literally every available opportunity. It's weird as fukk. At some point you need to relax and be ok with it being a success.

Fred.
If i wanted this to fail why would i post that its being gassed up so if it falls it will be more severe?:why:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Marc Bernardin with the 3.5/5 :hhh:
BLACK PANTHER Gets So Much Right, and One Crucial Thing Wrong (Review) | Nerdist

He had problems with T'Challa.

@Ziggiy I'm not reading breh. Tell me if it adds up since you don't mind spoilers.

fukk it I read it.

Here is his problem....mild spoilers
In fact, every character’s wants and needs are clearly defined, with one exception: T’Challa’s. When the film opens, he wants to be king. Ten minutes and one ceremonial duel with rival tribe-leader M’Baku (Winston Duke) later, he’s king. After that, he wants to maintain the status quo: Preserve the Wakandan way of life. But the status quo, by definition, is static, and stasis isn’t drama. His romance with Nakia never exceeds nascence; by the time the film ends, you might’ve forgotten they had ever been “a thing.” For too much of Black Panther, the Black Panther has everything he wants.

On top of this, he also is almost entirely devoid of flaws. He’s a deadly martial artist, a stalwart friend, well-educated, even-tempered, quick to smile, and, despite all that, he’s humble. Flaws are the grooves, the nocks that add depth. Perfection in fiction, unlike in life, can be boring. I mean, even Indiana Jones was afraid of snakes.

I mean honestly...that’s pretty much T’Challa in a nutshell. So it looks like it’s an accurate depiction.

T’Challa’s main flaw has always been

Him trying to live up to his father’s legacy while simultaneously establishing his own identity as King. The conflict is normally with people within the nation either wanting to keep to the traditions of the status quo or outsiders (like Kilmonger) basically thinking they could do a better job ruling Wakanda. T’Challa is almost like Captain America in the fact that his only true “flaw” is one of a strict moral code for his viewpoint of what’s the right thing to do. So what the movie is trying to do (very smart strategy by Coogler by the way) is have his moral code of “Wakanda First” come into direct conflict with Kilmonger’s “ALL Black lives matter” approach. Do you save only YOUR people or attempt to save EVERY one of us with African heritage?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I mean honestly...that’s pretty much T’Challa in a nutshell. So it looks like it’s an accurate depiction.

T’Challa’s main flaw has always been

Him trying to live up to his father’s legacy while simultaneously establishing his own identity as King. The conflict is normally with people within the nation either wanting to keep to the traditions of the status quo or outsiders (like Kilmonger) basically thinking they could do a better job ruling Wakanda. T’Challa is almost like Captain America in the fact that his only true “flaw” is one of a strict moral code for his viewpoint of what’s the right thing to do. So what the movie is trying to do (very smart strategy by Coogler by the way) is have his moral code of “Wakanda First” come into direct conflict with Kilmonger’s “ALL Black lives matter” approach. Do you save only YOUR people or attempt to save EVERY one of us with African heritage?

Breh...thats what I'm saying. My question is does he really even know about Black Panther or did they not give him the black lead movie he was expecting :mindblown:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If i wanted this to fail why would i post that its being gassed up so if it falls it will be more severe?:why:

Because what you call being "gassed up" is actually turning out to be it's a bonafide success but you're still in here talking about :lupe: "the review scores will go down". So yeah....it seems like you're waiting for it to fail.

I'm honestly confused. I could understand being skeptical 2 months ago. A month ago. But you've been on that shyt no matter how positive the news surrounding the movie is. Constantly. Literally for months. At what point will you accept it's a commercial and critical success? What do you get out of constantly being skeptical and negative? The shyt is mind boggling to me.

Fred.