Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True, but I still think Taika and Coogler earned a bit more pull off their previous work.

Doctor Strange seemed more controlled. Same for Spider Man Homecoming.

Dr Strange went into production before the change in leadership.

Spider-Man Homecoming was jointly produced by Marvel and Sony. Anything done with that movie needed to be cleared by Sony first.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Got my IMAX 2d ticket for thorsday opening night at 7
94ed96ec31319de2a5b7d7711747825b.png

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Aight we definitely doin that ticket challenge if you got a social media post about it once we start so that bytch can trend :tchallablessed:

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
Listen

I'm EXTREMELY hype for this movie to come out, and will see the film day 1, but i have a critic/worry about this film. Feminism. Im all for both brothers and sisters both kicking ass, but i feel there is way more focus on the women than the men. like this vid.

Im all for equality, but this feels like favoritism. The only black men i saw with action scenes is Challa and Kilmonger. I still feel there is a stigma of a ARMY/GROUP of black men doing damage and kicking ass.

Again just a small observation, nothing major

doublex

Pro
Daps
Listen

I'm EXTREMELY hype for this movie to come out, and will see the film day 1, but i have a critic/worry about this film. Feminism. Im all for both brothers and sisters both kicking ass, but i feel there is way more focus on the women than the men. like this vid.

Im all for equality, but this feels like favoritism. The only black men i saw with action scenes is Challa and Kilmonger. I still feel there is a stigma of a ARMY/GROUP of black men doing damage and kicking ass.

They're focusing on the Dora in the marketing because they're something unusual and attention-grabbing (an all-female fighting force).

Doesn't mean there aren't going to be male Wakandan soldiers as well.

Claws.gif

tumblr_p06nieELqV1w36i71o4_540.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Listen

This featurette was specifically for the Dora's...

Just like we'll probably get a Killmonger featurette or M'Baku featurette...

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
They're focusing on the Dora in the marketing because they're something unusual and attention-grabbing (an all-female fighting force).

Doesn't mean there aren't going to be male Wakandan soldiers as well.

Claws.gif

tumblr_p06nieELqV1w36i71o4_540.gif

giphy.gif
this is Infinity War, not Black Panther

and the last gif, those black guys are clearly the bad people/enemy

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Listen

Have you read any Black Panther comics?

Minus Coates’s drivel. BP has A L W A Y S had very strong female protagonists and antoginists. It’s literally baked into the Black Panther Mythos.

T’Challa has BOTH all male and all female security squadrons. The all male squadron is Wakandan’s secret police and the Dora Milaje are his personal body guards. The Dora Milaje, being his personal guard, accompany the King at all times, so there are a lot of focus put on them and their stories because they literally have the King’s Back 24/7z

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listen

There have been a few featurettes at this point and that's the only one that focuses on the Dora Milaje. The majority of the marketing has been centered on T'Challa, Killmonger, and Wakanda as a whole.

Also, the bulk of T'Challa's supporting cast is made up of women, it's been that way since the late 90's.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True, but I still think Taika and Coogler earned a bit more pull off their previous work.

Doctor Strange seemed more controlled. Same for Spider Man Homecoming.

Strange was pretty safe, but that's probably because he's Feige favorite character and he wanted the film to be more accessible for audiences. Homecoming actually felt less restrained to me. It had a ton of quirky, offbeat humor/moments, interesting twists, and Keaton's Vulture got good development and screen-time, almost carried the film away from Holland if being honest.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Listen

SparseParchedIraniangroundjay-size_restricted.gif