Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That Killmonger description is a little iffy. :patrice:Doesn't say anything about his parents being banished from Wakanda which is quite important isn't it?

There’s no way in hell MJB is gonna be swagging his way into the Throne room talking reckless about taking the throne from the King without Wakandan blood running through his veins

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
There’s no way in hell MJB is gonna be swagging his way into the Throne room talking reckless about taking the throne from the King without Wakandan blood running through his veins
Exactly, so it doesn't make sense to me that it isn't mentioned that he's of Wakandan heritage. That description makes it as though he's just some mercenary who's decided he wants the throne.:why:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
That Killmonger description is a little iffy. :patrice:Doesn't say anything about his parents being banished from Wakanda which is quite important isn't it?
“Surprising knowledge of Wakandan customs” hints at it, since no one comes into Wakanda. At least that’s what I got from it. They can’t reveal everything in promotional material though.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Meteor Man and Blankman were comedies that weren't meant to be taken seriously. Steel was a low budget piece of shyt meant to cash in on Shaq's fame and his love of Superman.

Catwoman and Hancock were just movies where they happened to cast black actors in the lead role. They were originally envisioned as being black superheroes. Not a coincidence that they both feature the two safest negros in Hollywood at the time.

IMO Spawn and Blade are the only two genuine attempts at Black Superhero movies. The rest of them joints are just some bullshyt table scraps that I refuse to accept.

Disclaimer: I actually like Blankman and Meteorman, but I view them strictly as comedies, not superhero movies.

But Blankman & Meteorman were both written by black actors, in the case of Meteorman, directed by, who obviously had a love for the retro superhero movies. Blankman is an homage to campy Batman. And Meteor Man is far less cheesy/campy than Batman & Robin, probably moreseo to the extent of Darkman. It is a shame that it took comedians to bring it to the forefront and they were clearly targeted to kids/families, and not even teenagers. Every other director at the time, were focusing on romantic comedies or urban drama. And there wasn't really dark superhero movies. Remember TMNT 2, The Rocketeer, The Shadow, judge Dredd all lighthearted action/comedy films. Hell. Tank Girl is as much as a comedy as Blank Man.

You can't say there weren't attempts, but you can say in the current climate of superhero films, those aren't up to the standard. But comparing to the other superhero films at the time, those workout. But I think Meteor Man is criminally underrated.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The BP movie mask is starting to make it's way out now.

2018 Movie Black Panther T'Challa Superhero Masks Cosplay PVC Helmets Halloween | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Black Panther Cosplay Costumes Superhero Camouflage Top Pant Vest Armor 4Pcs Set | eBay

vegeta_el_principe_saiyajin_by_salvamakoto-d6q1rtm.png

:ChappelleScouter9000:

Killmonger really bout to be the new age vegeta. we bout to get our own black DBZ :wow: thank you marvel

dont give away the entire movie / possible plot twists in pre-release description, brehs :BlackPantherUmad:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I hope folks are trolling on Twitter because I saw some tweets from some Black Women saying to Boycott Black Panther because he has a white girlfriend. SMH

Yeah, a movie with not only a 90% black cast but two black female characters that have a BIG role and have been advertised a lot. Yeah, fake news.