Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This is why I can't stand Coogler's gayness for MBJ. I understand thats his boy but...
They've done great work together for 2 films.

Michael B. Jordan was dope in Creed.

He fit that character because even though he grew up in a foster home he also grew up with wealth. So he didn't need to be "tough", but he pulled off playing a troubled character very well.

However, upon thinking about the film he never handled the "tough talk" well. The scene before he was knocked out he did well. However, his trash talk at the press conference, the fight with the rapper, and during the ring were not great. But again I was ok with that because of his character.

In Fruitvale yea he probably wasn't that guy, but for the depiction they were going he did great.

He's good at playing a good guy with a rage underneath.

However, as a villain there's gotta be a conviction when you speak. If the audience doesn't believe that you believe it.....its not going to work.

shyt just look at Ali from last year :wow:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Told y'all he would look and make the whole thing look corny from the jump.

It's like getting Kevin Hart to play a serious boss.

"I want the throne" that delivery:mjlol:

There is absolutely no doubt that his corny ass will be the weakest part of the movie and what ultimately brings it down.
"Take me to the king".

:beli:

They should've gotten Michael Jai White or something. He's going to feel like a nuisance more than a threat.

Jazzy finally showed up :mjlol:

Anyway, yeah, I'm getting Ronan (from GOTG ) vibes from the footage. Lee Pace was incredibly unconvincing and unnatural as Ronan and MBJ, based on the clips, looks to be heading down that same road. Sucks because he looks badass in the part, visually.
He looks like a member of B2k.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0V9NYG.gif
jqnjZz.gif

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:jbhmm:
Priest: The film looks utterly amazing. I was on the Wakanda location with Chadwick Boseman and Lupita Nyong’o, and the scale here is amazing. This will likely be the biggest film with a majority-black cast ever made - and it’s a superhero movie!! One (hopefully, please, please) with my name somewhere in the thousands of credits. It’s just, thus far, I’ve seen no humor in it. I have to believe there must be some, I mean, why hire Freeman, for one example. But I hope the film does not take itself so seriously or preach so hard that it alienates or divides rather than does what is essential for the film, the character, and, frankly, a politically polarized America.

We, America, have to move past the ideology - the tribalism that grips this country. As ridiculous as this sounds, I believe Black Panther, the film, could help us do that if it addresses issues of tribal polarization and, by extension, racism, xenophobia and homophobia in an entertaining, non-preachy way. I told Kevin Feige on set, “Look a’here: you have to understand this is so much more than just the next Marvel superhero movie. Not just Panther fans - All of Black America is watching you on this thing. Don’t blow it.” Somewhere, in all of that amazing, glorious eye candy, there’s got to be a joke. Martin: we’re counting on you. Oh, gosh, please be funny.
One Night Only: PRIEST Returns to BLACK PANTHER (and EVERETT K. ROSS) With 2018 Annual

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I JUST read the interview and there’s a lot of :mjpls: in Priest’s DNA it seems.

This dude was straight up THANKING DC for letting him write white characters. shyt is fukking ridiculous.

And he’s so proud of the fact that he created Everett Ross as the white fans Totem rather than allowing T’Challa his own voice.

This whole “curry favor with white People” routine does NOT WORK. Priest’s run was critically acclaimed and had some legit genius storylines, but it still suffered backlash and low sales.

That’s the primary reason why I entirely prefer Hudlin’s run. Hudlin was unapologetic in allowing T’Challa to take his OWN story and his OWN blackness into his OWN hands. White fans be damned. And Hudlin’s run outsold Priest’s. There was no white boy running around Wakanda (Hunter) or white narrating The Black hero’s thoughts (Ross)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I JUST read the interview and there’s a lot of :mjpls: in Priest’s DNA it seems.

This dude was straight up THANKING DC for letting him write white characters. shyt is fukking ridiculous.

And he’s so proud of the fact that he created Everett Ross as the white fans Totem rather than allowing T’Challa his own voice.

This whole “curry favor with white People” routine does NOT WORK. Priest’s run was critically acclaimed and had some legit genius storylines, but it still suffered backlash and low sales.

That’s the primary reason why I entirely prefer Hudlin’s run. Hudlin was unapologetic in allowing T’Challa to take his OWN story and his OWN blackness into his OWN hands. White fans be damned. And Hudlin’s run outsold Priest’s. There was no white boy running around Wakanda (Hunter) or white narrating The Black hero’s thoughts (Ross)
Yea I don't want this movie pandering...

It risks killing the stakes or importance of the story they're trying to tell. There's also supposed to be humor from Wakandans in this movie as well. Shuri is supposedly very funny.
Why is he so worried about Ross. :picard:'

Unless he's hoping Ross's humor can put audiences at ease and sets up them for the gems to be dropped later. :jbhmm:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Yea I don't want this movie pandering...

It risks killing the stakes or importance of the story they're trying to tell. There's also supposed to be humor from Wakandans in this movie as well. Shuri is supposedly very funny.
Why is he so worried about Ross. :picard:'

Unless he's hoping Ross's humor can put audiences at ease and sets up them for the gems to be dropped later. :jbhmm:

Royalties, he didn’t create shuri.

Everytime I see Fabian Nicienza at a con he talks about I need to renegotiate my deadpool contract :russ:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Royalties, he didn’t create shuri.

Everytime I see Fabian Nicienza at a con he talks about I need to renegotiate my deadpool contract :russ:
Fair point. Probably wants that character to be a stable part of the franchise and a popular character with audiences.