Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Let that man have his opinion.

Please, don't turn this thread to mudslinging anytime someone post something other than ":wow: :banderas: :mjcry: :ooh::ohlawd::krs::myman:"

I want this movie to be good. But, this damn film better not be a reskin of The Winter Solider

I love that movie, but, I don't want to see it, again

I'm most curious to see the homie Coogler's style and MJ play a villian

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let that man have his opinion.

Please, don't turn this thread to mudslinging anytime someone post something other than ":wow: :banderas: :mjcry: :ooh::ohlawd::krs::myman:"

I want this movie to be good. But, this damn film better not be a reskin of The Winter Solider

I love that movie, but, I don't want to see it, again

I'm most curious to see the homie Coogler's style and MJ play a villian

Not an issue with having a different opinion. The problem is that it's already been discussed ad nauseum within the last two weeks. If you're a fan of Coogler then you gotta have faith that it works within the context of the film. If you read his breakdown of the first teaser in Entertainment Weekly, he seems to have a reason for every decision he and Cole made during the creative process.

The trailers alone are proof it's not going to be a reskin of Winter Soldier, dunno how one can come to that conclusion. It might have a similar tone though.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Anyone else annoyed that marvel is just doing the same hero vs evil hero formula for this movie?

They've done it for every single origin movie but I honestly thought this was gonna be different

They've made a crap ton of money with that formula.

From Marvel's p.o.v., if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Lol there will be African scores and music y’all need to chill n wait, trailer music is fine.
Didn't say the trailer music was bad :yeshrug: I like it. As you said it was fine..

but as said down here...
The Shaka Zulu theme is timeless :wow: till this day I get goosebumps, made me wanna fight some white folks when I hear the " bom bom bom bom bom"

But this shyt here is timeless. Fan made trailer and all...shyt got me way more hyped watching the visuals with that music. :manny:

Again I'm just talking trailer :hubie:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The Shaka Zulu theme is timeless :wow: till this day I get goosebumps, made me wanna fight some white folks when I hear the " bom bom bom bom bom"

Timeless is one thing, but being fitting is another, to which it definitely doesn't fit the trailer anymore than the Staples track. Less actually in fact.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Timeless is one thing, but being fitting is another, to which it definitely doesn't fit the trailer anymore than the Staples track. Less actually in fact.

It was always going to be a rough fit as the SZ theme was not written and orchestrated for the BP trailer. I'm just speaking on the SZ theme and the effect it has on me.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It was always going to be a rough fit as the SZ theme was not written and orchestrated for the BP trailer. I'm just speaking on the SZ theme and the effect it has on me.

I understand that. Also tho, Shaka Zulu was his own hero and entity, as is and should be his theme song. Just the same, so to would be the case for BP. You don't see Batman getting jiggy with Spiderman's theme, nor vice versa, regardless how classick they may be. So just the same should fall in suit here. Also, while I get some of the grips with the whole "black movie trailers having rap music" playing in them gimmick, however, only part of the Staples song in line with BP trailer is his high nasal vocal ad-libs. Otherwise, the beat and vibe definitely carries an essence of the afrofuturism theme they're going for with the movie. SZ theme, would be like if they were doing a BP movie set back in the past beyond T'Chaka's time or something.