teacher

All Star
Daps
Read issue #18 there was little to no T’Challa punking...

Editorial must’ve reigned Coates in

black brehs need more faith in other black brehs :sas2:

you really think the mouse gives a fukk about emasculating a black man? This was by Coates design I'm sure, and if I get to speak to him at NYCC I will confirm it :sas1:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

you really think the mouse gives a fukk about emasculating a black man? This was by Coates design I'm sure, and if I get to speak to him at NYCC I will confirm it :sas1:

You out your damn mind.

Coates LITERALLY changed T’Challa’s E N T I R E established personality in order to make him inept and incompetent. The level of deconstruction he’s done on the character is damn near unprecedented. He made him a man that the Dora Millaje are in constant fear that he will RAPE them. He made him a man who constantly whines about not wanting to be King, the very role that he’s embraced across a 50 year character arc. He made him a man who whose people hate him to the point of revolution even though he literally SAVED THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE and restored Wakanda to glory. He made him a man whose sister is smarter than him, whose enemies are smarter than him, whose advisors are smarter than him, whose ex-wife is smarter than him. He made a noble, charismatic, badass KING a wimp.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Also it reads much better as a binge run :ehh:

No one will care about how it started if it ends very strong. :yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Marzano Films - Gallery
927d46e7973a8796b7a19d5619be0a7aac8157e2.jpeg

314335951049114331530700c33dba21a7db9d62.jpeg

a9c140300348ad7af77894113fee91c0a243bfc8.jpeg

who knew :ehh:

Me waiting in line opening night.... Garden State Plaza Mall, Paramus NJ

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You out your damn mind.

Coates LITERALLY changed T’Challa’s E N T I R E established personality in order to make him inept and incompetent. The level of deconstruction he’s done on the character is damn near unprecedented. He made him a man that the Dora Millaje are in constant fear that he will RAPE them. He made him a man who constantly whines about not wanting to be King, the very role that he’s embraced across a 50 year character arc. He made him a man who whose people hate him to the point of revolution even though he literally SAVED THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE and restored Wakanda to glory. He made him a man whose sister is smarter than him, whose enemies are smarter than him, whose advisors are smarter than him, whose ex-wife is smarter than him. He made a noble, charismatic, badass KING a wimp.

:sas2:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You out your damn mind.

Damn if that's true I guess were better having another white superhero movie instead.
We should boycott and tell them to do another captain America movie instead. Teach them lesson. If you can't make black superheroes into Larry sues then we'd rather not have any black superheroes. It's not enough that he's the most badass warrior in wakanda he also needs to be the smartest, all the woman should be on his nuts and he have no character traits the make in any less than a perfect man. Like superman except somehow not boring like superman is in all his perfection.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Damn if that's true I guess were better having another white superhero movie instead.
We should boycott and tell them to do another captain America movie instead. Teach them lesson. If you can't make black superheroes into Larry sues then we'd rather not have any black superheroes. It's not enough that he's the most badass warrior in wakanda he also needs to be the smartest, all the woman should be on his nuts and he have no character traits the make in any less than a perfect man. Like superman except somehow not boring like superman is in all his perfection.

I don't think homie was trying to say he wanted Black Panther without flaws, he's just angry at how weak he's being portrayed compared to older variations of the character where he was at least well balanced.

Daps

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
nervously-drinking-water.gif

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

You idiot.

First of all Coates run and the Movie have NOTHING to do with one another (thank God) secondly, both Priest and Hudlin were able to portray T’Challa as both a badass and a character with flaws who goes through major challenges and tribulations. They are able to do this WITHOUT changing the character’s established personality and making him a whining, worthless, pitiful excuse of a “hero”. Coates T’Challa is neither an effective hero nor is he a regal King. Coates T’Challa has not accomplished ONE SINGLE FEAT on his own in EIGHTEEN ISSUES. Beyond that, Coates has completely ignored established continuity several times in order to make T’Challa look bad.

Wakanda already had an established Council that provided checks and balances to T’Challa’s rule. So the “No One Man” garbage that the Midnight Angels sprout is bullshyt. And at the end of the first run, the problem is solved by...establishing a council that provides checks and balances to T’Challa’s rule :stopitslime:

T’Challa has NEVER, not ONCE abused his authority over the Dora Millaje. There is even a storyline within established continuity where a former Dora Millaje becomes a villain over her falling in love with him and him not wanting to abuse his authority so he rejects her. T’challa Even was badly injured and lost his crown for a time because he risked his life to SAVE a Dora Millaje. Coates ignored all of this and made the DM’s victims of T’Challa’s leadership who live in constant fear that he will force them to “serve him in all ways”:martin:

T’Challa not only saved the entire Universe, he used the infinity gauntlet to restore Wakanda back to its former glory. He is literally the reason the world EXISTS right now. Coates ignored that and instead had the people of Wakanda angry with him enough to revolt over the incursions that occurred previously. Coates completely bypassed the FACT that Shuri was reigning Queen and Black Panther when Wakanda was invaded and almost wiped out by Namor, AND that it was her reckless idea to go to war with Atlantis when T’Challa advised her not too. So there is literally NO canonical reason for the people of Wakanda to rebel against T’Challa.

Coates himself has said that he is against the concept of Afro-Futurism, which is the very foundation that the Black Panther myth is BUILT upon. Therefore Coates has stated he couldn’t wrap his mind around T’Challa not abusing his power and raping the Dora Millaje (feeding into the “Black man as lecherous animal” stereotype) T’Challa being a King of an advanced African nation (feeding into the “black man as morally corrupt and the need for western influence in governing an African society” stereotype) he used the fact that T’Challa spends time abroad and as an Avenger as rhetoric for T’Challa secretly NOT wanting to be King when it’s been established in continuity that T’Challa’s dealings abroad have both strengthened and aided in his rule, and that he indeed wants to be King.

Coates has taken a huge steaming dump
On the Black Panther mythos. And the underlying problems with his run is that he doesn’t respect the character or what he represents. It isn’t about not wanting to see T’Challa struggle or take an occasional L. It’s abotn wanting to see T’Challa portrayed as he truly IS. Even when T’Challa struggles he is still the most dangerous man alive because you never know what plan he is coming up with until he snares you. Even when T’Challa is in doubt he still exhibits a keen sense of intelligence. T’Challa does not allow rape camps in Wakanda. T’Challa does not allow his fiercest protectors to live in fear that he will sexually mistreat them because he shows them respect at all times.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You out your damn mind.

It's about the character arch :troll: be patient :troll: