Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Man if T'challa isn't smart like he is in the comics I'm gonna be pissed
She didn't say she wasn't the smartest. Just that she was really smart and in charge of technology.

Also its possible that they don't want to make T'Challa a Mary Sue (Gary Sue).
They don't want to make him perfect....or at least don't want people to get that impression. So letting Shuri run the technology isn't a bad idea..

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She didn't say she wasn't the smartest. Just that she was really smart and in charge of technology.

They don't want to make him perfect....or at least don't want people to get that impression. So letting Shuri run the technology isn't a bad idea..

I agree that Shuri being a genius doesn't prevent T'Challa from being a genius too. I don't know why people are freaking out about that. It's no different from Cap being an expert martial artist and Bucky being one too.

With that said I don't want to see T'Challa watered down at all for the sake of not offending the delicate sensibilities of certain people.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's hard to nail down all facets of a character in one 2 hour film. I mean Batman is considered the World's Greatest Detective in his universe , but watching most of the films you would never assume that because the directors decided to focus more on his combat tactics and gadgetry.

That said, I do hope we see BP show some smarts in the film. It is probably his most defining "power". I don't really care much for seeing the science and tech as much as the tactical mastermind side of his skillset.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I don't give a fukk they didn't have a problem making Batman a goddamn ninja master who also happens to design weapons invent technology that can track cell phones signals and all kinds of amazing white boy shyt.

One of T'Challa's defining characteristics is his genius. It's how he stands toe to toe with the likes of Tony Stark and Reed Richards. He not only cB outfight them, he can out THINK them.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's hard to nail down all facets of a character in one 2 hour film. I mean Batman is considered the World's Greatest Detective in his universe , but watching most of the films you would never assume that because the directors decided to focus more on his combat tactics and gadgetry.

That said, I do hope we see BP show some smarts in the film. It is probably his most defining "power". I don't really care much for seeing the science and tech as much as the tactical mastermind side of his skillset.
This..

Even the Nolan Batman films didn't show off too much detective work. Thats why people are hoping Matt Reeves Batman really does show more detective type stuff.

However, brehs can't get too wrapped on their idea of the character for the film. There is going to be something that we all wish they explored more. Thats just how it is and we don't want other characters not showing their own agency or independence either.

I mean to me Priest was right to point out where they dropped the ball with T'Challa in Civil War. But then again it wasn't his film. :yeshrug:

Probably in his own solo film he won't be 100% like we like....but thats what the other films are for. :manny:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The new tech genius role is more so to give Shuri something to do that can compliment her brother, and isn't to necessarily take anything away from T'Challa.

The comics have done a largely poor job over her 10-12 year existence of having them co-exist... bc her sole purpose was to replace him as BP if he were to die or be comatose, so with him around she comes across as redundant; a diet coke version of him.

Which is why most comic writers flat out ignore her and just use BP in big events or when other superheroes visit wakanda.

But if they make her the tech person, i.e. the "guy in the chair" as Ned from Spidey Homecoming says, now all of a sudden she has a more fleshed out niche. Like the person who shows james bond all the cool new shyt they made while bond was out on missions

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

The Boss is #MarvelGang
mvvfc9V.png

doublex

Pro
Daps
The new tech genius role is more so to give Shuri something to do that can compliment her brother, and isn't to necessarily take anything away from T'Challa.

The comics have done a largely poor job over her 10-12 year existence of having them co-exist... bc her sole purpose was to replace him as BP if he were to die or be comatose, so with him around she comes across as redundant; a diet coke version of him.

Which is why most comic writers flat out ignore her and just use BP in big events or when other superheroes visit wakanda.

But if they make her the tech person, i.e. the "guy in the chair" as Ned from Spidey Homecoming says, now all of a sudden she has a more fleshed out niche. Like the person who shows james bond all the cool new shyt they made while bond was out on missions

Yeah, if they're going to include her in the MCU at all they have to give her her own niche and make her something other than just girl!T'challa. Making her "the guy in the chair" is pretty much the only way to do it, since T'challa's roles as ruler and superhero are more integral to his character and therefore should be off-limits to Shuri in this trilogy.

Explain it like this: T'challa's still a genius but doesn't have time for the lab now that he's both king and Black Panther. So he leaves the tech to Shuri while he's out ruling/protecting Wakanda.

They handled it well in Homecoming: They didn't have to take away Peter's intelligence to justify Ned's.

So I trust they know what they're doing.

teacher

All Star
Daps

How is this new? THis is how hudlin introduced her....it just got bushed I guess since she became the new BP making her more a femme fatale and not focusing how brilliant she is.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
How is this new? THis is how hudlin introduced her....it just got bushed I guess since she became the new BP making her more a femme fatale and not focusing how brilliant she is.
New, renewed, double-downed... I don't really care. If they go where i think they're going with it, it'll be a good complimentary piece for BP. I got the utmost confidence in Coogler and crew