Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_orcv0fmmfI1rhn31io2_540.jpg

tumblr_orcv0fmmfI1rhn31io1_540.jpg

:snoop:

People are stupid.

These jack asses. They been planning to make black panther for over 5 years.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
........You sure about that?

From the trailer:
black-panther-11.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.png

From Priest's Black Panther run (note the look of the top of the buildings and how nature is integrated into them):
1253620-thebigwjpg-684f77_1280w.jpg

From the trailer:
2rVTEW1

From Hudlin's run:
1e44da76a2d5bd6e332d5ec8e476926f.jpg

Pretty much everything shown in the trailer comes from Hudlin or Priest era stuff.
Black_Panther_2.jpg

image-107.jpg

mPKTEMKO.jpg

0fcXFER1.png

5vzyaj.jpg

tumblr_o68c94nWTG1v8d0wio6_1280.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-03-09-at-10.38.58-AM.png

image-120.jpg

image-113.jpg

Last edited:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Let's be real everyone, Coates has pushed the most DEPTH into Wakanda than any other writer

.On worldbuilding, On giving it proper life in microscopic detail.

His first run deals delves entirely into the country by itself, and his spin off series :World of Wakanda is unquestionably monumental to pushing the mythos of BP and Wakanda and its people, adding lore and everyday life to the otherwise mythical stature of a country that only got a few pages of interest from Hudlin and Priest.

Most of the time Wakanda is a backdrop to T'challa. A pit stop for whenever T'challa comes from his 100 some vacations in Harlem.

Coates made it a living, breathing city.

Also Ayo is in the goddamn movie and the MCU itself, I wonder who created Ayo...? :comeon:

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
You can purchase it off ITunes. I've had for the past three years or so off there. Still watch it regularly.

It's based off Hudlin's first arc. Very very good and the Voice acting is top notch all stars like Djimon Honsou, Alfre Woodard, and Kerry Washington
I already saw it, breh.

I just need to rewatch along with Reading the Priest run

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Wakanda looked like that long before Coates
Let's be real everyone, Coates has pushed the most DEPTH into Wakanda than any other writer

.On worldbuilding, On giving it proper life in microscopic detail.

His first run deals delves entirely into the country by itself, and his spin off series :World of Wakanda is unquestionably monumental to pushing the mythos of BP and Wakanda and its people, adding lore and everyday life to the otherwise mythical stature of a country that only got a few pages of interest from Hudlin and Priest. Most of the time wakanda is a backdrop. A pit stop for whenever T'challa comes from his 100 some vacations in Harlem. Coates made it a living, breathing city.

Also Ayo is in the goddamn movie and the MCU itself, I wonder who created Ayo...? :comeon:
Also Ewing created Ayo

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Wakanda looked like that long before Coates

Also Ewing created Ayo

You're right she appears in Ultimates first.

But Ayo was already in Coates' finished script of BP before she appeared in Ultimates... The first issue of Coates' BP is only four months apart from that Ultimates issue.

Ayo is essentially a Coates creation.

And of course Wakanda has always looked like that. But Steelfreeze's depiction is the most grounded of them all and matches the concept art.

Pretty much every other writer/artist made Wakanda extravagant and obtuse in its clashing mixture of traditionalism and futurism.

Last edited: