Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
If that was the case then there wouldn't have been White people proclaiming the film was anti-White before release.
white ppl are the predominant race in the west. A lot of ppl that said that on social media were probably just trolling and saw it anyway

If it has astronomical hype, then why would it be DOA? Astronomical hype would insinuate a lot of people are looking forward to it.
Are you seriously asking that question? If something has a lot of hype and it performs moderately or less that is considered a failure. And a lot of ppl are anticipating it, "black ppl" as it's the first proper black superhero movie. A lot of hype because it has the marvel machine behind it and other than the thors/incredible hulk/1st avenger they haven't missed..

I know it's a smaller film, but this is the trump era. A lot of White people hate racial commentary, try to deflect from it, and avoid it. They hate to be seen as the bad guys and the film shed an unfavorable light on them. The fact that film still managed to attract everybody and had great WOM and legs due to it actually being a solid film. It wasn't a moderate success, it was a huge success.
you are comparing apples to oranges, get out was a different genre with different expectations and serves a different audience pallet

My point is if the film looks/is good, people in this country will go see it and it will have solid legs. No matter if it's a "Blackcentric" cast. I'm actually not really worried about the domestic totals.
Luke cage was good yet look at all the fukers that are ranking iron fist of all shows ahead of it? Cacs going cac

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
After watching the trailer 20 times, I have to say, I think Coogler is brilliant at strategy. It's no accident he put the guy who played Gollum and the guy who played Bilbo from LOTR together in the opening shot and have them talking about a hidden world. C'mon now. He came after the white males who may have been skeptical about this project and snatched their scalps bald.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i honestly dont even know how to feel, can you believe it brehs? 90% of people in this movie will be black in black only environments, this is literally a black movie :wow:
Movie gonna be blacker than the Ace of spades :wow:

Marvel really did this one for the culture :wow:

Always bet on black

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
LSX4OPA.jpg

ryu-twist.gif~c200

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
the_black_panther_poster_by_bttf2-dbc66ce.jpg

This is how the poster should have looked. It hate it when they' have the characters fully suited up w/o the mask on.
It looks better but it wouldn't have been right as he's not Spiderman or batman so can't get away with that. Audiences need to see chad's face to somewhat humanize the character. You have him fully suited and they might think he's a villain

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Literally don't know shyt about this dude but it looks dope and marvel has been on fire for about a decade.....

So I'm fukking with it.
Thank you for the support :blackpantherexcellence:

You wont be disappointed :IseeyouplayboiMarvel:This one will be a game changer and the precursor for the next generation of black film