teacher

All Star
Daps
I've noticed they do that shyt with the comics too. You don't see a lot of reviews for Coates Black Panther in white geek spaces. They praise it but never actually talk about it :mjlol:

Like I said, the shyt just stands out to me and annoys me in comparison to how every other comic book property is covered by these outlets. Even when they do talk about The Black Panther film it somehow ends up being about Bucky being in the film or T'Challa giving Steve a new SHIELD. It's that subtle racism, like how leading up to Civil War white people kept assuming T'Challa was going to be asking the Avengers for help to defend Wakanda.

it's 2017, Trump is the president with 'suspected' racists as his right hand man. How can you be angry about a fictional movie when sh!t in real life is going down lol....anyway Cac's gonna Cac if you didn't know before now you know...

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
the quality is fine. what i was trying to convey to everyone is this could be along dull black panther movie or a classic comic book movie starring the main character= black panther. from what i was told, they discussing the length of fight scenes should be , how long the orgin should bee. etc, etc.
Coogler's fight scenes and training scenes in Creed were long. Made it that much better :wow:
Used a lot of long takes in the movie as well. :patrice:

Black Panther should be a 2hr 15 to 2hr 25 min movie imo :ehh:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Coogler's fight scenes and training scenes in Creed were long. Made it that much better :wow:
Used a lot of long takes in the movie as well. :patrice:

Black Panther should be a 2hr 15 to 2hr 25 min movie imo :ehh:
true, now what they are going back and forth in the editing room is how much dialogue there be? should there be a long fight scene? on top of all that, product placement is getting in their ass about camera time. also at some point the music have to be mix in the scenes. keep your finger cross on this one.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
true, now what they are going back and forth in the editing room is how much dialogue there be? should there be a long fight scene? on top of all that, product placement is getting in their ass about camera time. also at some point the music have to be mix in the scenes. keep your finger cross on this one.
Well its Marvel...so no doubt it will at least be decent
Its Coogler....so no doubt it will be good.
Lets just hope they come together to make something great.

edit: I still thinking you're trolling bro. But I do wonder how the final edit will be.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well its Marvel...so no doubt it will at least be decent
Its Coogler....so no doubt it will be good.
Lets just hope they come together to make something great.

edit: I still thinking you're trolling bro. But I do wonder how the final edit will be.

Hell yeah he's trolling. EVERY movie sees a clash of some sort between the director and the executive producer when it comes to editing. That is literally part of the movie making process. We were just told outright that the same thing happened with Patty Jenkins doing Wonder Woman.

nikka just came into the thread on some "I know a guy that knows what's going on and there's problems" with no sort of sources or anything. :heh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Hell yeah he's trolling. EVERY movie sees a clash of some sort between the director and the executive producer when it comes to editing. That is literally part of the movie making process. We were just told outright that the same thing happened with Patty Jenkins doing Wonder Woman.

nikka just came into the thread on some "I know a guy that knows what's going on and there's problems" with no sort of sources or anything. :heh:
I remember :lolbron:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I mean not for nothing and dont feel the need to tag niccas from the prior convo

Is the speed of light faster than solid objects or na?:jbhmm:

Someone should do a test of throwing a solid object at someone and seeing how fast they can react to that, then do a follow up test with electricity and see how fast they can move from a fukking current?:ld:

In my humble opinion..... electriciy>Arrows

Martha

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's nitpicking to say T'Challa looked dumb by being tased by Widow. T'Challa wasn't expecting the first hit and he hit him again before he could finish pushing through it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we're seeing a slighty different T'Challa than the one in the comics:

“In publishing, he is sort of this very wise and a sanguine figure who seems to know more than he lets on,” producer Nate Moore says. “I think this is Black Panther in his younger years, where he maybe is a little bit more fiery than I think how they write him in the comics because he’s very much in the nascent stages of being a hero. So that means he is probably more fallible than the Black Panther that you read in comics, but for reasons that are completely logical.”

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/...black-panther-role-captain-america-civil-war/

I had to keep some of the changes in mind myself when it came to things like T'Chaka working with the U.N. and T'Challa not killing Zemo. The version of T'Chaka we see is MUCH older than the one in the comics, so he's likely to be a bit more of a diplomat, just like how T'Challa is going to be different since he didn't lose T'Chaka at an early age.

None of the changes are character breaking, but they make sense and explain certain behaviors of the characters.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:patrice:

:jbhmm:

It is funny how Spider-Man and Black Panther were universally recognized as the two brightest spots of Civil War. Yet, Spider-Man got far more coverage pre its trailer release than BP. Now obviously its Spider-Man, but it makes me want to ask brehs here another question.

Spider-Man, Thor Ragnarok are movies that had another character from the Marvel Universe in the movie used to promote it. Its why its going to do big numbers. I mean you can get upset about Ironman being all up in the trailers, but its a brilliant strategy on their part.

Should they have just made the first Black Panther movie more of a universe movie and then let the sequel be a 100% Wakanda glory because its won over the audiences already.

I mean I didn't want that. I know Coogler is going to make a great film regardless. You just gotta wonder if the media will try to sweep this movie under the rug
[commercially...:leostare:

Cause the breh is right. They seemed to cover the smallest and most insignificant stuff for other comic book movies.
with how racist society is no way they keep this 100% panthercentric and expect for this to even do incredible hulk numbers, keige has gone on record saying events in this film impact infinity wars. Perhaps that was a way to con ppl into being interested who knows but unfortunately that's kind of what they have to do or else this is DOA

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
It's like they go out of their way NOT to talk about it.

Here yall go with the paranoid "The Feminist are out to get us" shyt again. All the girl said was that Shuri designs technology in the film, she doesn't even mention T'Challa. Yall just making paranoid leaps in logic, as if it's not possible for more than one Black person to be smart at the same time in a movie. In the comics Shuri is very intelligent too, that doesn't prevent T'Challa from being a genius also.

Exactly....

Here's a few quotes from Boseman about T'Challa, Wakanda, and the mythos:

When asked about his favorite Black Panther moment from the comics

When asked about T'Challa's accent in Civil War

on his favorite aspect of T'Challa

The film is in good hands yall. I know Coates hot garbage has a lot of us on edge, but there's no reason to have any worries about the film.

Plus directed by Ryan Coogler.

We're good, ya'll.

Stop going full-coli before seeing the movie.

Jesus.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
with how racist society is no way they keep this 100% panthercentric and expect for this to even do incredible hulk numbers, keige has gone on record saying events in this film impact infinity wars. Perhaps that was a way to con ppl into being interested who knows but unfortunately that's kind of what they have to do or else this is DOA

You're being incredibly over-dramatic and unrealistic here saying it's DOA. Is there a chance that it may disappoint? yeah, especially overseas. However, saying things like "DOA" is ridiculously overboard especially considering the power of the Marvel brand alone and it's track record. " We DO live in a racist society, yes, but we just watched a Black written and directed film that painted White people as evil, make 5x it's budget backGet Out). Despite being a smaller film, the fact that people still went out in droves and saw it, despite it's politics, show that people talk a lot of shyt but at the end of the day will go out and support good entertainment regardless. If this film is good, it will do numbers.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It's nitpicking to say T'Challa looked dumb by being tased by Widow. T'Challa wasn't expecting the first hit and he hit him again before he could finish pushing through it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we're seeing a slighty different T'Challa than the one in the comics:

Chadwick Boseman talks Black Panther's role in Captain America: Civil War

I had to keep some of the changes in mind myself when it came to things like T'Chaka working with the U.N. and T'Challa not killing Zemo. The version of T'Chaka we see is MUCH older than the one in the comics, so he's likely to be a bit more of a diplomat, just like how T'Challa is going to be different since he didn't lose T'Chaka at an early age.

None of the changes are character breaking, but they make sense and explain certain behaviors of the characters.
Breh he got hit 3 times and after passing her he immediately sky'd up to get to the jet.

Its a silly scene.