Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my associate is the publicist for the black panther movie. according to him, there is strong disagreement about what particular scenes stay or gets cut. my experience is when it comes to stuff like this with my fav films. it becomes a compromises. sort of like training day, denzel wanted alonzo to pay for what he did at the end of the movie, the studio was against that idea,eventually, they relented on the condition that he allows hoyt to shoot him in the ass, another scene that denzil was against. so just to not cause waves he agree to the scene being shot in exchange for Alonzo death

Editing can make or break a film so I hope this isn't true or dramatic as you described.

Did your associate say anything pertaining to the quality of the film? like are people feeling confident about it?

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:

I'll take the bait. Is this a case of Marvel wanting to make this movie "fun" instead of gritty :jbhmm:

You probably trolling tho :francis:

Studio interference hurts films more often than not so to hear this is pretty disheartening, not gonna lie.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
Editing can make or break a film so I hope this isn't true or dramatic as you described.

Did your associate say anything pertaining to the quality of the film? like are people feeling confident about it?
the quality is fine. what i was trying to convey to everyone is this could be along dull black panther movie or a classic comic book movie starring the main character= black panther. from what i was told, they discussing the length of fight scenes should be , how long the orgin should bee. etc, etc.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ON SHURI: She's princess of Wakanda, but also she designs all of the new technology there. She has an innovative spirit and an innovative mind, and she wants to take Wakanda to a new place. Also, she has a great fashion sense, better than mine. She's so vibrant; a beautiful spirit, but also so focused on what she does. And that's good for other people to see, especially young people to see, because it's like, "Look, there's a young black girl who loves technology and she's from Africa." It's something refreshing.
Letitia Wright
Shaking my fukking head they are really going to take T'challa's "genius level intellect" and give it to fukking shuri:snoop: Their really going to down play T'challa intelligence :snoop:

I bet their going to have T'challa admit in some Round About Way that The Dora Milaje are more skilled & better fighter's then him:snoop:

This bullshyt black feminist super push Ta-Nehisi Coates started in the book's will be continued in the movies:scust:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Shaking my fukking head they are really going to take T'challa's "genius level intellect" and give it to fukking shuri:snoop: Their really going to down play T'challa intelligence :snoop:

I bet their going to have T'challa admit in some Round About Way that The Dora Milaje are more skilled & better fighter's then him:snoop:

This bullshyt black feminist super push Ta-Nehisi Coates started in the book's will be continued in the movies:scust:
Yup this is what I'm afraid of

jackson35

Banned
Daps
How would I know about cool parts left out if they were you know, left out?
i will give you a test= go to youtube and look up superman 2 with chris reeves. you will see tons of footage left off that would have made the movie more classic then the first.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the quality is fine. what i was trying to convey to everyone is this could be along dull black panther movie or a classic comic book movie starring the main character= black panther. from what i was told, they discussing the length of fight scenes should be , how long the orgin should bee. etc, etc.
Does your associate know when can we expect a trailer or a EW cover?

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup this is what I'm afraid of
breh I knew they going to pull some bullshyt and down play my dude T'challa intelligence when watching Captain America: Civil War for the first time and The Russo Brothers writing did nothing show or insinuate T'challa had a high intelligence level

but they had no problem writing/showing Peter Parker/spider-man intelligence by having Tony gushing/marveling at his smart's & inventiveness the first time they meet and schematically breaking down Falcon & bucky's tech just off of sight

but they couldn't write T'challa to "TALK HIS SHYT" when he first meet's black widow about having a theory about how The Vision Vibranium body functions and spitting out "Scientific Movie MumBo jumbo" to black widow and she like :ohmy: and If she could scheduled a date for the two of them to discuss it some time in depth because he of all people would be an expert in Vibranium science

or after the Bucky chase scene and they are all back at headquarters and Tony is saying something to Rhodey about him having air support and Rhodey saying to tony none of his radar or tracking system's showed anything before black panther dropping down on Bucky from his jet on the roof top ..and then Tony later going up to T'challa saying something like that's some "magic carpet" you rode in on out their today and curiously asking how did it block war machines detection systems and how does it work T'challa just saying it's an original design he created but he's not here for a show and tell "Stark Expo"

It would be just that easy for The Russo Brothers to write something like that to insinuate T'challa had a high intelligence level but they didn't becouse the producer's of The MCU told them the The MCU version of T'challa doesn't have "genius level intellect" so don't even write it for him like they did for spider-man/peter parker

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know I didn't even notice that until you mentioned this.

I was listening to Collider's Heroes today at work and these guys spent like 20 minutes speaking about the Universal Dark Universe that isn't even Superhero related :stopitslime: and didn't mention the M'Baku stuff

It's like they go out of their way NOT to talk about it.

Here yall go with the paranoid "The Feminist are out to get us" shyt again. All the girl said was that Shuri designs technology in the film, she doesn't even mention T'Challa. Yall just making paranoid leaps in logic, as if it's not possible for more than one Black person to be smart at the same time in a movie. In the comics Shuri is very intelligent too, that doesn't prevent T'Challa from being a genius also.

Nah Chadwick Boseman wouldn't let that slide Black Panthers abilities and intelligence will be expounded on in thia movie.

Exactly....

Here's a few quotes from Boseman about T'Challa, Wakanda, and the mythos:

When asked about his favorite Black Panther moment from the comics

I love the battles with Killmonger in Christopher Priest’s [run]. I love any complex story that makes you think, not to be too specific. Any time he makes you think he lost when he actually won -- that’s my favorite aspect of the character. There’s one moment when he was fighting Mephisto, and he basically lures him into a den where his ancestors, who were all Panthers, were there. So he’s fighting with his ancestors behind him. That’s one of my favorites and a beautiful moment.

When asked about T'Challa's accent in Civil War

For me, Wakanda has never been conquered. So I wanted to make sure that he didn’t speak like ... well, at one time they were thinking he’d have a European accent or an American accent. I said that would not be fine because if we did that, that would be saying that they had been colonized. That was something that I wanted to make sure happened, that we stuck to that in the character.

“At one point, I thought that he wouldn’t have an African accent. But I felt like that would be wrong, because Wakanda has never been conquered. If he had a British accent or a French accent or anything other than it clearly being African, that would convey something that is not true to what Wakanda is supposed to be.”

on his favorite aspect of T'Challa

I think it’s that strategy and strength that I like. It’s not necessarily his physical attributes or anything like that. It’s his mind and being able to maneuver as a leader.

The film is in good hands yall. I know Coates hot garbage has a lot of us on edge, but there's no reason to have any worries about the film.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh I knew they going to pull some bullshyt and down play my dude T'challa intelligence when watching Captain America: Civil War for the first time and The Russo Brothers writing did nothing show or insinuate T'challa had a high intelligence level

but they had no problem writing/showing Peter Parker/spider-man intelligence by having Tony gushing/marveling at his smart's & inventiveness the first time they meet and schematically breaking down Falcon & bucky's tech just off of sight

but they couldn't write T'challa to "TALK HIS SHYT" when he first meet's black widow about having a theory about how The Vision Vibranium body functions and spitting out "Scientific Movie MumBo jumbo" to black widow and she like :ohmy: and If should scheduled a date for the two of them to discuss it some time in depth because he of all people would be an expert in Vibranium science

or after the Bucky chase scene and they are all back at headquarters and Tony is saying something to Rhodey about him having air support and Rhodey saying to tony none of his radar or tracking system's showed anything before black panther dropping down on Bucky from his jet on the roof top ..and then Tony later going up to T'challa saying something like that's some "magic carpet" you rode in on out their today and curiously asking how did it block war machines detection systems and how does it work T'challa just saying it's an original design he created but he's not here for a show and tell "Stark Expo"

It would be just that easy for The Russo Brothers to write something like that to insinuate T'challa had a high intelligence level but they didn't becouse the producer's of The MCU told them the The MCU version of T'challa doesn't have "genius level intellect" so don't even write it for him like they did for spider-man/peter parker

The Russo's and Boseman said they wanted to keep T'Challa as much of a blank slate as possible for the director that would be taking over. When they started production of Civil War Marvel hadn't secured Black Panther. That's why we only get hints and glimpses of stuff.