Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
Can't people just LOOK at him and tell he was a black man?? :beli:
It was the 60s :yeshrug:, they just stop titling black characters black _______ like yesterday. I'm glad they ultimately went with black panther. The black in black panther is self explanatory and it doesn't seem gratuitous.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Dude was also shytting on T'challa's costume like its not a top 5 marvel costume :snoop:

And what stereotypes were in Jungle Action?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Dude was also shytting on T'challa's costume like its not a top 5 marvel costume :snoop:

And what stereotypes were in Jungle Action?
Nothing really i can remember
But when i get a chance ill scan some pages

I know he beefs with Daredevil alot when hes in NYC

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Technically DC would have buried him to make you think he was ever badass, i.e. see bronze tiger.
I've said this before and I'll say it again: DC has more respectable black characters then Marvel has. But I'm not gonna derail this thread.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
the "Coal Tiger???!!!!"
:what:

this is actually some shyt i DID NOT KNOW!! :patrice:

Kirby wanted to call him that because he wanted people to know he was black. It was cringey but it came from a good place.

Plus, they called him Coal Tiger in part to disassociate T'Challa with the Black Panthers during the 70s.

Then they realized that the "Coal Tiger" title was kinda wack, so they switched it back :russ:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He apparently thinks Coates is responsible for the Dora Milaje when in actuality it was Priest

What?!:why:

coates is responsible for the lesbian version. but it's beyond that,African royalty always had women in their security team, but according to him it makes him look weak

Only Ayo and Aneka are lesbian, we have no idea what's the sexuality of the others (and the previous notable doras were straight). But yea, all-female units protecting the ruler and/or kingdom is nothing new in Africa, been happening.

Slightly off-topic: Of all the things to hate about the Midnight Angels, them being lesbians should at the bottom of the list. Speaking for myself, I honestly don't mind them being lesbian at all, its a non-issue imho. There are wayyy bigger reasons to hate the MAs, such as:

-They're lowkey selfish.
-Their "principals" are shaky.
-Ayo's a crazy hothead.
-Aneka thinking she all that, for no reason.
-Both making feminism look bad in many instances.
-Ayo's attitude eventually bordering on misandry.
-Both thinking they are the judge, jury, and executioner at all times. Apparently, the law of the land isn't supposed to apply to them.
-Can't do long-term planning for shyt.
-Both thinking they about that nation-building life, when they are clearly not ready for primetime.
-They are hypocrites.

I mean, I can keep going. Their sexuality is sooooooo not a defining factor or their defining factor. Unless Ayo's (and eventually Aneka's) sexuality becomes a factor in the films, which I strongly doubt being that Disney wants that Chinese/eastern bloc money, this is simply a distraction.

Last edited:

jackson35

Banned
Daps
What?!:why:i wish they would hire avery brooks to consult chadwick on how to play panther as a bad ass character.

Only Ayo and Aneka are lesbian, we have no idea what's the sexuality of the others (and the previous notable doras were straight). But yea, all-female units protecting the ruler and/or kingdom is nothing new in Africa, been happening.

Slightly off-topic: Of all the things to hate about the Midnight Angels, them being lesbians should at the bottom of the list. Speaking for myself, I honestly don't mind them being lesbian at all, its a non-issue imho. There are wayyy bigger reasons to hate the MAs, such as:

-They're lowkey selfish.
-Their "principals" are shaky.
-Ayo's a crazy hothead.
-Aneka thinking she all that, for no reason.
-Both making feminism look bad in many instances.
-Ayo's attitude almost bordering on misandry.
-Both thinking they are the judge, jury, and executioner at all time. Apparently, the law of the land ain't supposed to apply to them.
-Can't do long-term planning for shyt.
-Both thinking they about that nation building life, when they are clearly not ready for primetime.
-They are hypocrites.

I mean, I can keep going. Their sexuality is sooooooo not a defining factor or their defining factor. Unless Ayo's (and eventually Aneka's) sexuality becomes a factor in the films, which I strongly doubt being that Disney wants that Chinese/eastern bloc money, this is simply a distraction.