Jards

All Star
Daps
Dudes on that Marvel Studios subbreddit have already brought out the e-charts and graphs trying to say this film is going disappoint at the worldwide box office. :mjpls:

These White and non-Black Marvel fanboys are even willing to see this be Marvels first real flop if it means keeping the status quo in tact.
Feige said at this event that BP is a big part of the MCU moving forward so fukk them nikkas

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I said, nothing to worry about.

I'm always saying people need to take certain "reports" with a grain of salt. Often these things are just the interpretation of whatever reporter is seeing these things.

A prime example of this would be when journalists were allowed to visit the set of Age of Ultron. They saw a set piece with lots of black people and they all immediately rushed out and started saying Wakanda would be in the film and there might possibly be a Black Panther cameo.

Then there was a report about Civil War that said T'Challa would be flying a Stark Jet in the film, people just assumed T'Challa would be getting his tech from Stark. There were also all the assumptions about T'Challa being on Tony's side or going to the Avengers for help.

People that aren't familiar with the source material see things and fill in the blanks themselves. Like those dumbasses that keep insisting Bucky is going to be thawed out to help T'Challa. Unless you're coming in fresh off of Coates bullshyt you'll know T'Challa doesn't need Bucky (or any other Avengers) help. Dude has his own crew of deadly warriors and more resources than Stark, Pym, and Shield combined.

With all that said, I wouldn't have cared not one bit if Okoye was gay and flirting with Ayo. Some of yall overreact to shyt that ultimately doesn't matter. I could understand being upset if they turned T'Challa gay, because once you make a change like that you absolutely can't go back and you risk hurting the character long term. It would make sense though for a few of the Dora Milaje to be gay and in romantic relationships though.

Conversely one thing that pisses me off about fandom and journalists is that they have to speculate that ANY two characters that are just decent human beings to each other or seem to be friends must have some romantic interest in each other. They come up with these dumb ass pairing in their own mind, and then when they head canon doesn't pan out they get upset and start accusing the creators of bad writing,being homophobic, or racist.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Feige said at this event that BP is a big part of the MCU moving forward so fukk them nikkas

Feige been saying that since the film was announced.

He said T'Challa AND Wakanda would be a big part of MCU.

I swear when white fanboys talk about Black Panther their cism starts to seep through, and the sad part is they don't even realize it.

They don't really know the character or the mythology so their preconceived notions about Black Panther, Black people, and Africa seeps through. There are white people that STILL think The Hulk/Hulkbuster fight happened in Wakanda. Before Civil War came out white people were saying the marketplace the Avengers were fighting in in the trailers. Most white folks fan theories involved T'Challa going to the Avengers for help, getting his tech from Stark, not being able to protect his homeland by himself, or even being inspired to be a hero by the Avengers.

I saw that guy John Campea talking about the footage and images they saw and he seemed shocked that Wakanda was technologically advanced and showed no western influences.....THAT'S WHAT WAKANDA IS SUPPOSED TO BE!!! I'm not saying Campea is an outright racist, but his shock at shyt being portrayed the way they should be points to a weird expectation that Wakanda is just supposed to be advanced for an African nation instead of being the most advanced nation on earth PERIOD.

Hell, a month or so ago, somebody posted one of those Emergency Awesome vids that was supposed to inform people about Black Panther. The guy in the vid made it a point to say T'Challa was smart, but not as smart as Tony Stark, even though in the comics T'Challa has consistently been shown outsmarting Tony and being on the level of Reed Richards in terms of intelligence.

That white supremacy is a hell of a drug, and T'Challa is going to have a LOT of white folks in they feelings. We've never seen Black Excellence like this before. This is actually the biggest budget a *black film has EVER gotten and will have the biggest marketing budget for a black film.

*predominantly black cast, black director, black writers = black film

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
C9v_M5TVYAAaX4N.jpg
The mouse ain't gonna risk the China and Russia releases :mjgrin:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Mic-Nificent: I agree on everything you said except for Campea being shocked he was more stoked IMO.

It was both.

I don't mean to make it sound like Campea was put off by it, but he definitely seemed surprised by what he saw, so much that he said from what little he saw he became fascinated with that world and wanted to see more. What he described is Wakanda as it should be portrayed, but I think a lot of white folks expectations of Wakanda was far beneath what we're actually going to get.

Though to be fair I've seen those guys at Collider still be confused as to whether T'Challa has powers or if he gains his power from the suit he wears.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
It was both.

I don't mean to make it sound like Campea was put off by it, but he definitely seemed surprised by what he saw, so much that he said from what little he saw he became fascinated with that world and wanted to see more. What he described is Wakanda as it should be portrayed, but I think a lot of white folks expectations of Wakanda was far beneath what we're actually going to get.

Though to be fair I've seen those guys at Collider still be confused as to whether T'Challa has powers or if he gains his power from the suit he wears.
Yeah there was some shock too, but in any case from the sounds of it Coogler and co have nailed this shyt couldn't be more excited to see it multiple times.

And I agree with what you said before, gonna be a lot of white people and others that get rubbed the wrong way when they see Wakanda is the pinnacle of human existence on the entire planet situated in Africa of all places. Oh and they'll say how shyt is racist or some bullshyt because it hardly has white people and if they're in it they aren't main characters.

Can't wait breh :blessed:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something else to note.....

For whatever reason, Marvel didn't bring in not one single black news outlet to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or the Black Panther footage.

Black Panther should have the biggest marketing campaign that Marvel has ever had, and that's going to require them reaching out to more black news outlets to promote this. Sure they'll send Anthony Mackie (by himself) to promote the Marvel films he's in, but they need to be sending the cast and director of Black Panther EVERYWHERE, and that's going to mean giving these black news and entertainment outlets access.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah there was some shock too, but in any case from the sounds of it Coogler and co have nailed this shyt couldn't be more excited to see it multiple times.

And I agree with what you said before, gonna be a lot of white people and others that get rubbed the wrong way when they see Wakanda is the pinnacle of humanity on the entire planet. Oh and they'll say how shyt is racist or some bullshyt because it hardly has white people and if they're in it they aren't maker characters.

Can't wait breh :blessed:

Oh, when they realize that Ross is just a comedic sidekick that's always in over his head :mjlol:

Coogler and the crew are going to give us a classic. I could actually see this being the first comic book movie to get multiple nominations outside of hair, makeup, and effects.

Given that James Gunn is doing Guardians three, I'm starting to wonder if Coogler will end up being the next Avengers Director.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
Oh, when they realize that Ross is just a comedic sidekick that's always in over his head :mjlol:

Coogler and the crew are going to give us a classic. I could actually see this being the first comic book movie to get multiple nominations outside of hair, makeup, and effects.

Given that James Gunn is doing Guardians three, I'm starting to wonder if Coogler will end up being the next Avengers Director.
Coogler did his thing with Fruitville and Creed but this is what's going to make dude A-list, I can definitely see some serious nominations if it comes out how we hope or even exceeds expectations.

Would be nice to see him direct Avengers, I'm sure he'll have his pick of projects.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It did feel like that observer from the article was puttin a lil extra sauce in describing that scene :russ:

I'd have had no problem with Ayo, Okoye or any of the Doras (outside of Lupita) being LGBT but at the same time I got no problems with them not using BP: WoW as a source, that's actually a relief :whew:

With how quick they came in to shut that rumor down and any affiliation with that mini series, I guess Disney ain't playin around with that

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Coogler did his thing with Fruitville and Creed but this is what's going to make dude A-list, I can definitely see some serious nominations if it comes out how we hope or even exceeds expectations.

Would be nice to see him direct Avengers, I'm sure he'll have his pick of projects.
This is going to be his masterpiece. And his work schedule is going to get very busy afterwards, if it isn't already.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Something else to note.....

For whatever reason, Marvel didn't bring in not one single black news outlet to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 or the Black Panther footage.

Black Panther should have the biggest marketing campaign that Marvel has ever had, and that's going to require them reaching out to more black news outlets to promote this. Sure they'll send Anthony Mackie (by himself) to promote the Marvel films he's in, but they need to be sending the cast and director of Black Panther EVERYWHERE, and that's going to mean giving these black news and entertainment outlets access.
Yea Black Panther has got to have the biggest push ever at Marvel. I hope we start seeing some posters and magazine covers soon.

James Gunn was so stoked about seeing Creed that he cast Stallone in his Guardians movie. The Ant-Man director gushed about Coogler before he started filming this movie. Feige said no other director could have did what Coogler just did for Black Panther. So once this because the hit its supposed to be he's going to get some major pull.

Kind of hoping he uses Disney to help get him a Star Wars movie down the road..