doublex

Pro
Daps
I'm starting to think she's not a Dora Milaje or maybe she is kicked out of the Dora Milaje for catching feelings or something, every other member has been shown with a shaved head.
Edit: It sounds like I was right.
Who Michael B. Jordan And Lupita Nyong'o Are Actually Playing In Black Panther

She's definitely a Dora:

“Well I can say a little actually. I can say more than I could about Star Wars,” she said. “I play Nakia, who is member of the Dora Milaje which is, as I'm sure you know, a special forces group from Wakanda. And the story of this Black Panther is…what I am allowed to say? The story is that the Black Panther's leadership is been threatened by two foes that come together, and so Black Panther gets the help of the C.I.A. and the Dora Milaje to try and defeat the enemy.”

Lupita Nyong’o spilled ‘Black Panther’ secrets she probably shouldn’t have at Comic-Con

Why she's the only one allowed to have hair, I don't know.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
No prob. :obama:

Storm, T'Challa, and Rhodey fought together during Doomwar. It's still kind of a reach, imho, but that's how I rationalize Storm showing up at Rhodey's funeral.

i'm still one of the few that liked Doom War. And they worked together in Vol. 3 #20 to/or #22 whatever that team-up series was. It was the rationale of "because we're black' that bothered me.

Do you like Misty or Storm's characterization in The Crew, so far? Granted it's only the first issue. I still can't help but to think that Blade would've fit the story much better. Or Blue Marvel to push to mainstream. Actually, they need to add Blue Marvel to Luke Cage.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
i'm still one of the few that liked Doom War. And they worked together in Vol. 3 #20 to/or #22 whatever that team-up series was. It was the rationale of "because we're black' that bothered me.

Honestly, Doomwar worked overall imho, till the ending. That ending really derailed it to a great degree. If the landing was better, I suspect a lot of people would look at that story differently.

Do you like Misty or Storm's characterization in The Crew, so far? Granted it's only the first issue. I still can't help but to think that Blade would've fit the story much better. Or Blue Marvel to push to mainstream. Actually, they need to add Blue Marvel to Luke Cage.

I did. I'm not as familiar with Misty as I need to be, but I felt it was well done. Storm had her best portrayal, imho, in years. Blade would've been a good addition; not sure about Blue Marvel, as that would make The Crew mad overpowered (Storm and Blue Marvel in one team, on a street level setting? Yikes! :merchant:).

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Lettered cover of Black Panther #13.

52b45d574d.jpg