flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can dig it.

I still want Kilmonger to stay attached to his African roots. I just hope they don't make him a NATIVE American like he was born there or some shyt
Normally I would agree. But Michael B Jordan doing an African accent :shaq2:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Just heard about this...

HOLY fukkING CHRIST:damn:

we finally got the Black Avengers. :mjgrin::mjcry:

This is black excellence overlord.

You missed Mighty Avengers. It was Luke Cage, Spectrum, Blue Marvel, White Tiger, Power Man (Victor Alvarez),
Blade
, Falcon...even though She-Hulk was the lawyer and Superior Spidey was in the book but moreso only listed as part of the team. It was fun, but it was Land on the pencils and they it didn't last long enough for them to do ish.

I'm gonna skip The Crew as well. Why would T'Challa care abut an activist in Harlem? Unless he was Wakandan, it just doesn't make sense for him to get involved with a non-world-altering threat...he rarely does the street-level ish, leave that to the street heroes. I'm gonna need Coates to dig deep and cultivate his imagination.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Normally I would agree. But Michael B Jordan doing an African accent :shaq2:
Low key... the one we should be concerned about with the accent might be Angela Bassett :patrice:

She's a very good actress :whoa: but sometimes you can clearly see her "ACTING"

Somebody like Alfre Woodard, though she was already in a Marvel film/tv series, probably would have been a safer choice :lupe:......but Angela is :noah:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low key... the one we should be concerned about with the accent might be Angela Bassett :patrice:

She's a very good actress :whoa: but sometimes you can clearly see her "ACTING"

Somebody like Alfre Woodard, though she was already in a Marvel film/tv series, probably would have been a safer choice :lupe:......but Angela is :noah:
I understand. You can be a great actor but not be good at doing different accents/dialects.

I've seen good number of Angela's work and I've never seen her come across like she's acting.

Alfre has done Civil War as well as Netflix so we're not getting her.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I understand. You can be a great actor but not be good at doing different accents/dialects.

I've seen good number of Angela's work and I've never seen her come across like she's acting.

Alfre has done Civil War as well as Netflix so we're not getting her.
I watched her on that American Horror Story and you can see it sometimes. Especially the one where she's supposed to have a Caribbean accent....it was hit or miss. Then again maybe that is because of the direction.
In Coogler I trust.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
tumblr_ok59ewsDFI1r4igxro1_540.jpg

tumblr_ok59ewsDFI1r4igxro2_540.jpg

tumblr_ok59ewsDFI1r4igxro4_540.jpg

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
You missed Mighty Avengers. It was Luke Cage, Spectrum, Blue Marvel, White Tiger, Power Man (Victor Alvarez),
Blade
, Falcon...even though She-Hulk was the lawyer and Superior Spidey was in the book but moreso only listed as part of the team. It was fun, but it was Land on the pencils and they it didn't last long enough for them to do ish.

I'm gonna skip The Crew as well. Why would T'Challa care abut an activist in Harlem? Unless he was Wakandan, it just doesn't make sense for him to get involved with a non-world-altering threat...he rarely does the street-level ish, leave that to the street heroes. I'm gonna need Coates to dig deep and cultivate his imagination.

White Tiger is black?

And T'challa going to NYC is pretty much a staple now.

He's been to Harlem before.

And he went to Hell's Kitchen as a replacement for Darbedevil, for no justifiable reason...

The whole "what is he doing in xyz" doesnt really hold weight at this point because his writers are always going to make do stuff outside of Wakanda.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I noticed a lot of white people on other sites are overjoyed to see Freeman here :mjpls:

I mean he's a good actor and all but still :mjpls:
Yup. I like Ross but mofos online are weird

On reddit I said I don't think Klaw needs to be in the movie because Killmonger is good enough for the movie and they downvoted the shyt out of me :heh: