Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Both.

This is the OFFICIAL thread for all things Black Panther

both, typically we just stick to the movies in comic book movie threads but this is black excellence :tchallablessed:

send_fax_1024.png

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't think Coates can fukk this up though :patrice:

If he has Storm on some bullshyt "T'Challa was the worst husband of all time" Steeze he'll fukk it up

If he has T'Challa lamenting on how terrible of a King he was and how Shuri is much better as a ruler (like he has him doing in the main book) he'all fukk it up

If he has T'Challa and Luke Cage devolve into unintelligent caricatures of male misogyny like almost every make male character in the main book he'll fukk it up

If ANY Dora Millaje show up, he'll defintely have them on the "girl power, men are all evil for leaving the toilet seat up" philosophy which means he'll fukk it up

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
So an activist being killed in HARLEM gets T'Challa's attention but he couldn't be bothered with snuffing out RAPE CAMPS in his own kingdom:mindblown:
Where did this rape camp angle come from anyway? Wakanda wouldn't seem like the type of place to have that in the first place :dwillhuh::patrice:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
If he has Storm on some bullshyt "T'Challa was the worst husband of all time" Steeze he'll fukk it up

If he has T'Challa lamenting on how terrible of a King he was and how Shuri is much better as a ruler (like he has him doing in the main book) he'all fukk it up

If he has T'Challa and Luke Cage devolve into unintelligent caricatures of male misogyny like almost every make male character in the main book he'll fukk it up

If ANY Dora Millaje show up, he'll defintely have them on the "girl power, men are all evil for leaving the toilet seat up" philosophy which means he'll fukk it up

Though I've picked up WOW 2 and 3 and I know a lil bit about Roxanna Gay and I appreciate the girl power movement in Marvel (Add Ri-Ri, Wasp, She Hulk, X-23 in the Logan movie), I'm a little dismayed at the direction of the book.

I haven't even read the last 2 or 3 Black Panther joints and may just finally read the Priest Vol. 1 run that I haven't read since I bought it.

Coates has a novel like pacing to the story--they've been on the same thing for 5 issues with little action--and I'm kinda tired of it.

WOW gives the Doras a better motivation. I actually liked AvX, so I get the issue with Namor.

But, you shouldn't need a brand new title just to explain the main book.

Damn, I though WOW was supposed to be separated from the main story. And it'll still be girl power. Gay was thumbing her nose up on Twitter saying something to the effect of "yep, there's gonna be a lot of women and a lot of lesbians" to a critic.

I don't feel bad for passing on BP, they're successful and I'm glad for them. But, the DM v. Male Patriarchy storyline gotta move on.

Same thing with Sam Wilson's book tryna keep him on this SJW steeze also. I get it; you want the Twitter crowd to buy books, where's the superhero stuff and adventure. I'm sure they got Miles (who I barely read for so reason) holding the water of interracial dating.

Black people can't just be heroes?

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire

Too much black excellence to fukk this up...

The solo book is in a totally different context than from Coates is telling us about this book.

The solo book is centering philosophical and poilitcal intrigue onto T'challa's status as king in a country rebelling against him and what that means. That's why you get these intercepts of feminst subtext flown into the story from the perspective of the Doras, who are all-female...

This book seems more like a normal crime-fighting team-up book where the Crew do street level heroics from their base in Harlem.

And the first story is based around a dead activist and Coates explicitly states that the current racial/social/political climate is going the inlfuence this book.