Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Eh. Not really feeling American Flashbacks for young T'Challa but in Coogler We Trust so I'm willing to be optimistic
Apparently that is from the Comics (young T'Challa visiting/living in America for a sec.) :patrice:

Also the school he's attending's mascot is The Black Panther :ehh:

But yea unless its some type of Civil War flashback type importance I don't see the point. :yeshrug: ....so maybe it is. :manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Maybe Sterling is playing one of his teachers or something then :jbhmm:
:patrice:

Or maybe he was his "watcher/protector" while in America. Something happens. Then his son Killmonger grows up having beef with T'Challa/Wakanda. Seems rather generic..but thats how its been for Marvel villains lately. :francis:

His name is N'jobu. Killmonger's real name is N'Jadaka, Lot of speculation that he's playing his father. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:patrice:

Or maybe he was his "watcher/protector" while in America. Something happens. Then his son Killmonger grows up having beef with T'Challa/Wakanda. Seems rather generic..but thats how its been for Marvel villains lately. :francis:

His name is N'jobu. Killmonger's real name is N'Jadaka, Lot of speculation that he's playing his father. :manny:

I can dig it.

I still want Kilmonger to stay attached to his African roots. I just hope they don't make him a NATIVE American like he was born there or some shyt

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I can dig it.

I still want Kilmonger to stay attached to his African roots. I just hope they don't make him a NATIVE American like he was born there or some shyt
Yea if living a wonderful life in Wakanda, but forced to leave with his pops then that sets up the narrative well.

If he's born/talks/act like he's from Oakland then they truly scrapped making him an AFRICAN warrior because MBJ isn't able to pull it off. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Yea if living a wonderful life in Wakanda, but forced to leave with his pops then that sets up the narrative well.

If he's born/talks/act like he's from Oakland then they truly scrapped making him an AFRICAN warrior because MBJ isn't able to pull it off. :francis:
They can actually get away with that since Killmonger canonically left Wakanda at a young age

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They can actually get away with that since Killmonger canonically left Wakanda at a young age
Oh for sure. Thats the way its sets up. However, there is still a difference from being born in Wakanda or just having family from there.

Even at a young age you pick up something/have knowledge of where you're from.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Realdealholy
@Ziggiy

Atandwa Kani and his dad John Kani in Atlanta both cast respectively as young and old King T'Chaka.

Atandwa posted a photo of himself with actor Sterling K Brown, who was recently announced as the newest cast member for the film. Filming for "Black Panther" (due for release in February 2018) started in Atlanta on January 15, 2017.

kanis.png

kanisterl.png

Kani did a solid job as T'Chaka. I'm sure this breh will do a solid job as well.

I still can't help, but think they missed out not going with a bigger actor/someone who looks like they could have been the Panther.

It's T'Chaka... he deserved a more well known actor(s) and needed to be treated better in Civil War.:hhh:

Still.....I know these brehs are gonna kill it. :salute:
:ehh:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
@Realdealholy
@Ziggiy

kanis.png

kanisterl.png

Kani did a solid job as T'Chaka. I'm sure this breh will do a solid job as well.

I still can't help, but think they missed out not going with a bigger actor/someone who looks like they could have been the Panther.

It's T'Chaka... he deserved a more well known actor(s) and needed to be treated better in Civil War.:hhh:

Still.....I know these brehs are gonna kill it. :salute:
:ehh:

Gotta respectfully disagree with the bold. John Kani being a well-respected actor aside, we ended up with a very authentic scene between T'Chaka and T'Challa during Civil War because of him.

T'Challa and T'Chaka were originally supposed to speak to each other in English. John Kani noticed that and ask the Russo Bros why would he speak to his son in a foreign tongue? Which is a great question to ask, as Wakanda is an isolationist African nation.

Thus, T'Challa and T'Chaka spoke to each other in their "native" tongue instead (they went with Xhosa) which made the scene a whole lot better to me.

In addition, this T'Chaka is old. Breh retired a while ago. Him being out of shape makes sense, he already passed the mantle onward. He did his time, lol.

It would've been dope if T'Chaka had more scenes in Civil War, but I'm not tripping too much about it. Wasn't BP's movie and his movie (and potential sequels) will have T'Chaka scenes anyway, whether it be via flashbacks or some dream sequences or mysticism stuff.

Last edited:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
T'chaka was like Bruce in batman beyond he probably cldnt be the panther forever and sum happened that let it be self aware that he became :flabbynsick: which is why t'challa picked up the mantle it's simple. He gonna get flashbacks in the panther movies calm down, y'all dnt say shyt bout that bum Odin who hasn't done shyt since the first film and he hardly did anything :mjpls:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Gotta respectfully disagree with the bold. John Kani being a well-respected actor aside, we ended up with a very authentic scene between T'Chaka and T'Challa during Civil War because of him.

T'Challa and T'Chaka were originally supposed to speak to each other in English. John Kani noticed that and ask the Russo Bros why would he speak to his son in a foreign tongue? Which is a great question to ask, as Wakanda is an isolationist African nation.

Thus, T'Challa and T'Chaka spoke to each other in their "native" tongue instead (they went with Xhosa) which made the scene a whole lot better to me.

In addition, this T'Chaka is old. Breh retired a while ago. Him being out of shape makes sense, he already passed the mantle onward. He did his time, lol.

It would've been dope if T'Chaka had more scenes in Civil War, but I'm not tripping too much about it. Wasn't BP's movie and his movie (and potential sequels) will have T'Chaka scenes anyway, whether it be via flashbacks or some dream sequences or mysticism stuff.

No disrespect, but if you think that's the best they could have got then you're wrong. Just cause it was a solid scene by a solid actor doesn't mean that it couldn't have been better.

There's supposed to be a presence/aura about T'Chaka. People who I saw the the movie with didn't even know he was *that dude* until later.

I look at T'Chaka being old like I would Superman or Batman. When they got old they still LOOKED the part.

Its not. I'll admit the stuff we got was solid and probably going to be good in BP. It's just a missed opportunity imo.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
T'chaka was like Bruce in batman beyond he probably cldnt be the panther forever and sum happened that let it be self aware that he became :flabbynsick: which is why t'challa picked up the mantle it's simple. He gonna get flashbacks in the panther movies calm down, y'all dnt say shyt bout that bum Odin who hasn't done shyt since the first film and he hardly did anything :mjpls:
I had a problem with this in the Thor movies.....At least Marvel got Anthony Hopkins for the part :mjpls:

I'll say this though. If they know/knew his son was going to play young T'Chaka all along and this was all part of their plan. Then kudos to them for that. Cause if the young T'Chaka kills it then it was a great strategy/execution. :ehh:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
No disrespect, but if you think that's the best they could have got then you're wrong. Just cause it was a solid scene by a solid actor doesn't mean that it couldn't have been better.

I'm not saying John Kani was the best they could've done. I'm saying that I'm very pleased that they chose him in the end, as there was a payoff imho. That scene between T'Chaka and T'Challa was my favorite BP scene in all of Civil War, in large part because they spoke their "native" tongue to each other rather than English, which happened because John Kani suggested a change to the script.

There's supposed to be a presence/aura about T'Chaka. People who I saw the the movie with didn't even know he was *that dude* until later.

I look at T'Chaka being old like I would Superman or Batman. When they got old they still LOOKED the part.

Its not. I'll admit the stuff we got was solid and probably going to be good in BP. It's just a missed opportunity imo.

As I mentioned before, this was not BP's movie. Civil War itself was crowded as is. That we even had T'Chaka and Ayo in the movie was a huge bonus.

As for the comparisons to Superman and Batman in terms of looking the part in their later years...Superman is kryptonian so that brings a whole different angle to it. By the time Batman finally quit, he was old as hell walking around with a cane. And prior to that, he didn't even have a successor available (everyone left to live their lives), so he kept on going as even as he approaching elderly status.

Meanwhile, T'Chaka simply got older and passed it on to his son a while back, as per tradition. He literally didn't have fight anymore as he had people for that, including T'Challa, the current BP. So him being kinda :flabbynsick: by the time we finally see him isn't too out there to me.:yeshrug:

Last edited: