nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I disagree with parts of it. This NEEDS to be a superhero movie first, then whatever social commentary you want to add 2nd as satire. Satire with all of the grandeur of a sci-fi/fantasy/epic film, it can't look like some everyday, grounded in reality world. To do that is to rob Black Panther and Wakanda of everything that defines him. Superhero movies open up the possibilities for more casts leading in blockbusters, regardless of who does it.

As for Coogler, so 10-12 years ago you never heard of Spawn? Meteor Man? Blank Man? BLADE? Blade opened back up this modern comicbook movie wave. I'm alarmed when I hear stuff like that.

Last edited:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I disagree with parts of it. This NEEDS to be a superhero movie first, then whatever social commentary you want to add 2nd as satire. Satire with all of the grandeur of a sci-fi/fantasy/epic film, it can't look like some everyday, granded in reality world. To do that is to rob Black Panther and Wakanda of everything that defines him. Superhero movies open up the possibilities for more casts leading in blockbusters, regardless of who does it.

As for Coogler, so 10-12 years ago you never heard of Spawn? Meteor Man? Blank Man? BLADE? Blade opened back up this modern comicbook movie wave. I'm alarmed when I hear stuff like that.
:mjgrin:You should be

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Now casting: ‘Black Panther’ filming United Nations scene I Atlanta film jobs

What are they looking for?

Men and women, age 25 to 70, of all ethnicities are needed to be in a United Nations scene. They’re looking to cast for diplomats and reporters.

When are they filming?

Filming will start early in the morning on Jan. 21 in Atlanta. Fitting appointments will be held this week.

How much does it pay?

Pay will be $68 for eight hours, with overtime for additional hours. Fittings pay $16.

How do I submit?

Send current photos (including one from the shoulders up and one from the knees up as well as a recent photo of you wearing business or business casual clothing) to BlackPantherextras@tscasting.com, and put “UNITED NATIONS” in the subject line. Include your first and last name, phone number, e-mail address, city and state, age, height and weight. Men should include clothing sizes for jacket, collar, sleeve, waist, inseam and shoe. Women should include their dress, bust/bra, waist and shoe sizes.

Include a resume if you have one, and explain any set experience you may have, as well as any actual experience as a reporter, photographer or camera person.

It's really happening:mjcry:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Now casting: ‘Black Panther’ filming United Nations scene I Atlanta film jobs

What are they looking for?

Men and women, age 25 to 70, of all ethnicities are needed to be in a United Nations scene. They’re looking to cast for diplomats and reporters.

When are they filming?

Filming will start early in the morning on Jan. 21 in Atlanta. Fitting appointments will be held this week.

How much does it pay?

Pay will be $68 for eight hours, with overtime for additional hours. Fittings pay $16.

How do I submit?

Send current photos (including one from the shoulders up and one from the knees up as well as a recent photo of you wearing business or business casual clothing) to BlackPantherextras@tscasting.com, and put “UNITED NATIONS” in the subject line. Include your first and last name, phone number, e-mail address, city and state, age, height and weight. Men should include clothing sizes for jacket, collar, sleeve, waist, inseam and shoe. Women should include their dress, bust/bra, waist and shoe sizes.

Include a resume if you have one, and explain any set experience you may have, as well as any actual experience as a reporter, photographer or camera person.

It's really happening:mjcry:

@charmander @AVXL @The ADD @Mr Hate Coffee @Rickdogg44

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
“It’s not just an action film,” Brown told ET during this year’s annual Film Independent Filmmaker Grant and Spirit Award Nominees Brunch. “It addresses the climate today of Africans and African-Americans ― across the country and across the world ― in a way that people will really be excited about.”

I guess its fair to say his character aint making it out of this movie. :wow: